Can i have some help with my first interview ?

Hello, Im 17 and i have my first real interview today for a career in IT. The Interview is for an apprenticeship for the NHS.

Job Description:

Provide Functional and Technical support to users of NHS SBS BI Reporting Tools working within the Information Management & Reporting Client Services team

Technical support and reports/dashboard development for F&A Operational SBS teams and Clients for simple and complex operational query types. This is primarily to support existing and new clients with there BI and MI reporting needs from simple operational queries through to development of new dashboards and reports. The following systems are involved:
    • Oracle OBIEE versions 10g and 11g
    • Oracle Subject areas – Financials, Purchasing, HR
    • KPI’s and Reverse KPI’s for SSC clients
    • Data Warehouse and Analytics
    • Data import and aggregation
    • WebCentre historic data and image archival
    • VQSM

Main Duties and Responsibilities

• Owning incidents raised by clients both internal and external
    • Taking responsibility and ownership for allocated incidents to achieve a satisfactory resolution contributing to team quality targets
    • Assisting in the validation of KPI, dashboard and report output
    • Problem solving by analysing, investigating and resolving simple issues / incidents
    • Assisting management in ad-hoc work supporting BI service delivery

I have all the qualifications required ect.. i was just wanting to get some help and tips about how to go about this, this is a really good apprenticeship and i really want to nail it. The Interview is for 45minutes and i can barely talk about a subject for 30seconds, can anyone give some words of advice ?

Much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a few tips i have come to learn in interviews:

• Be yourself first and foremost. Don't pretend to be someone else. Dont spout off corporate jargon to make yourself sound good.
    • Dress the part, deodorize, comb your hair & generally look respectable. Do not fart in the interview.
    • Be comfortable in your own skin, Nobody wants to hire a robot. Try and make a good first impression.
    • If they ask a question, don't be afraid to go into the little details of your experiences so far, but don't talk for hours on end. Summarise.
    • Ask the interviewer follow up questions after you've answered their questions. Try to show a general interest in the company or how things operate.
    • Do a little research on the company before the interview so you might have a fact or some information you can use in the interview to your advantage.
    • If you know who is conducting the interview you can look up their facebook page or twitter feed, so you have more of an idea of the person and what they are like.

hope something in my rambling dot points helps.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Contact them before the interview and ask if you can have a tour of the area you may be working. I didn't realise this would be taken as such a good thing but it worked for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Make sure you look smart and presentable. Showered, groomed and smartly dressed.
    Don't be afraid to ask questions - if anything, it's looked upon favourably because it shows that you're interested.
    Make sure you do your homework first - do some research and learn as much as you can about the department you want to work for and what they do, not just what your own role would be.
    The interview won't just be you having to talk for 45 mins, don't worry It'll be a conversation - the interviewer will ask you things, and try to learn about you.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Try to avoid BSing your way through technical/skill questions if you don't outright know the answer. If you can pull off said BS then that's great but if you're dead wrong on something then it can be quite detrimental to your chances of landing the job. Other than that, Mokoshne's post is pretty spot on for advice. Good luck though!

Deleted
    Be prepared for the typical "I'm a terrible interviewer" questions

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/interview_questions

Deleted
    No need to be horribly nervous, it's not as bad as you might think, but you do have to prepare. Don't say anything negative about yourself. The interviewer might ask you why you left your previous jobs (if you've ever had any previous), never say that you got bored or that the people there were stupid, say you looked for better opportunities. That's the advice I can give you.