Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleHawk View Post
    Guess I just overestimated the discussion potential in this, what I meant by more points of view was along the lines of "what frame rate do other people on here find acceptable" and "how far are they willing to turn down the settings of a game for that frame rate".
    For me that entirely depends on the game and what kind of issues you are facing. For WoW sometimes I get locked at 30fps(i am guess because of vsync), but I don't usually notice nor do I care that much. For FPS it becomes a hindrance much more quickly and more headache inducing more quickly. I will adjust settings until i have ~60fps 95+% of the time for most games.

Deleted
    In my opinion, 30fps for gaming isn't all that good. Anything below 60fps is obvious and 120fps is optimal, the difference between 60 and 120 is clear in my eyes and makes for a much more enjoyable gaming experience. It's definitely worth seeing if you can achieve at least 60fps where possible although I appreciate it depends on the game and the hardware in use and ultimately whatever you're comfortable playing with.
    Last edited by mmocabe77c30e6; 2013-08-23 at 07:52 AM.

Let's bring a different dynamic to this thread.

Who here isn't willing to sacrifice the superiority of IPS panels in exchange for 120hz displays?

Myself, I can't even consider going back to a bland and lifeless color palette, even if it makes everything slightly more buttery smooth.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    I havent tried 120Hz, but I doubt I can go back to TN.

Everything just looks way more colourfull etc. Plus when you are watching movies on the couch, or you have friends over, you dont have to play with the monitor for everyone to have a good view of the movie.

I also dont play games where I think 120Hz will be any good over mine 1440p IPS monitor