Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Constantly getting counter-jungled

So I've got this problem recently where for the last...I don't know...4 games I haven't been able to get my red buff. Either I go there and it's just gone or the enemy jungler shows up and steals it while I'm trying to kill it. It's starting to piss me off tbh...so my question is what's the best way to deal with it? Should I just start red? Ask my team guard it for me? Just start assuming it's going to happen and just beeline for their red? Would appreciate some advice from experienced junglers.

Deleted
    Ask your support to ward it early. When you're done with blue, if the enemy is coming there, ask your top and mind to go to red to ensure a kill on the jungler. If they don't go there, then blame them for losing red, assuming they aren't already fighting in lane or something like that.

Either way, warding your jungle is important if you expect to get invaded and/or getting (constantly) counter jungled.

Also, if you're already at red or blue, try to put your red minion in the bush, if you do this, you'll be able to see if an enemy is coming and finish killing the buff fast or to get prepared to contest it if you have help or if you can do it alone. As for blue, same thing, you stay in the bush since the blue minion can't go there without resetting.

You also can't fail your smite otherwise this is all pointless assuming the enemy has smite.

Deleted
    I really depends on the match up. If i play Nautilus junge and the other team has a Lee Sin or a Nunu for example I start red because 9/10 times they go for my red for either a buff steal or for first blood. I also get either bot lane or Top to watch out over my blue so I'm sure it doesn't get taken away.

But that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you stopping to take wolves/wraiths?

Deleted
    Start red and you'll have wasted their time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    I really depends on the match up. If i play Nautilus junge and the other team has a Lee Sin or a Nunu for example I start red because 9/10 times they go for my red for either a buff steal or for first blood. I also get either bot lane or Top to watch out over my blue so I'm sure it doesn't get taken away.

But that's just me.
    I think this is what I'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Are you stopping to take wolves/wraiths?
    No...I take blue and beeline for red.

It's a very common tactic to snipe a buff if you're a faster clearer than your opponent. If you're Amumu versus a Maokai, then if they don't invade to put you out of the game, Maokai will be a step ahead of you and take your red to gank your top/mid lane with. He hits lvl3 and you're lvl2 trying to play catch-up with golems and wraiths. The easiest answer is to start where you normally wouldn't if you think your buff will be stolen. You may want to try and pick faster junglers if you're choosing slow ones like the aforementioned Amumu. Bottom lane can most likely ward your blue/red with the free ward from the Utility masteries too. Start practicing a double buff start if you're hitting small camps along the way of your first clear. They come second and both buffs will have you at lvl3 possibly faster than everyone else and you'll have deadly double buffs.

Deleted
    there's not much you can do if your team won't help. it happens quite a lot and it's pretty impossible to stop it when they have lanes helping them, while your lanes sit and farm. I usually just let them take it if multiple players group to do it and instead steal something of theirs or push a tower. if they're soloing it i'll just wait for the buff to take them low and either dual them, or smite steal.

but yeah, it's frustrating when multiple buffs and camps are stolen early because it puts you really far behind, then laners have the cheek to complain for no ganks. sometimes you just have to farm as a jungler, especially when you are many levels behind. you don't really want to gank for someone and just die because you are extremely weak!

Deleted
    Ward the buff at the tip of the bush. This will give you vision of the mob in its rested state and if it gets pulled into the bush. If they go to steal it you can sit behind the trees and try snipe it last second or ping team mates to try cut them off at jungle exits.

Also if possible take CC at level 2 if you are that scared of an invade. A silence/stun/fear will give you that extra second to snipe the buff with smite.
    Last edited by mmoc6d00db7716; 2013-08-22 at 10:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ward your jungle entrances if you expect to be counter jungled.

Make your team aware of it, even if it takes pinging the fuck out of the map when they enter. Whatever it takes to get their attention and come counter the counter-jungle.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    If you start blue side (aka left side), most junglers basically get red first (then blue, level 3 and top/mid gank). If you play a jungler that basically has to start blue (like Fiddlesticks) you can buy a ward and ward red bush. If you have to start blue and can't afford to buy a ward, ask your support (or mid/top) to ward red.

If you're afraid their jungler/team is going for an invade in either red or blue, ask to protect it.

Now in normals, simply don't bother. You should already be happy that anyone else except support even got a ward. If you're a diamond player, well then you shouldn't be asking this and both jungles are pretty much covered half the time before first minions even spawn.

Deleted
    U should ask top/bot to check red/blue buff to 1:50 time If they r not invadeing ur buff is still in the same place. If they r invadeing u should take enemy's buff U should have enought time to do that.

if your first pick you shouldnt pick a jungler.

The simplest way is to get it warded, ofc that will not work vs an Eve (please do not get your support to use a pink ward). To stop an Eve simply get a good blue pull and can the buff inside the brush beside the red buff, if Eve walks in her kill her it works most of the time due to her level 2 weakest at 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinru View Post
    if your first pick you shouldnt pick a jungler.
    That could be said about ANY position, and imo jungler is the least "countered" position besides support. Especially if you pick a "flexible" jungler (could also be top like j4, nasus, etc)........it can actually throw the enemy team off in a positive way.

Deleted
    A REALLY IMPORTANT THING PEOPLE DO NOT UNDERSTAND IS USING THE BUFF TO FIGHT FOR YOU

When fighting someone at a buff , use the buff inbetween you and them, allowing it to attack them primarily, do not allow it to attack you. 50AD at 0.67 attackspeed is around 0.5 champs attacking someone(due to no skills) so it can turn a fight completely in your favor.

Ward and then counter their counter or have your team catch them on an easy kill. Whichever your team comp suits best really. The answer regardless is wards both in your jungle and theirs.

Rule of thumb: if you're a tanky/slow clear jungler then ward your jungle. If your a higher damage fast clear jungler then ward their jungle and do dat counter jangling. Unless i have voice comm I never rely on teammates...they're typically oblivious. I've died so many times in my own jungle without my laners noticing or helping.

theres many factors you are geting counter jungled

1: you are playing herbivour jungler such as amumu,naut,nasus and enemy jungler is lee elise

2: they saw you smite at your 1st buff, this will leave you smiteless at red and they will come after you with double buff and lvl advantage

3: rengar jungling, just watch out he will go from his red to your red/blue (depending which side you are)

so what can you do???

-buy machete potx2 ward place a ward where you can see them from far distance

-start at red buff red buff dot does alot of damage compare to blue buff so having red buff vs blue might result you to win on trade

- let the buff cretuare attack them not you basically having 1.4 vs 1 champ
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

In team games I usually play bad duelists (mumu) for my team, and I always start red, with our support warding our blue. In normals or ranked, I have our team cover blue, and start red. Just because 80-90% of all junglers assume you are starting blue. (This I've found true in Silver and Gold, Since I jungled 80% of my games there).

If I play an aggressive jungler, I go straight to their red, wait a few secs to see if they were just slow in clearing, otherwise I just take.