Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    nothing wrong with it, do what you want.

Yeah indeed, nothing wrong with it as long as both are happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I'm 31 and just started dating a new girl that works at the pub I am a regular at that just turned 21.

Never dated a redhead before, hmm

At 3:54. But that whole clip, very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Nothing wrong with it at all as long as she is more mature than the average 19 year old.
    This will be the real issue. There is nothing wrong in theory; what you might see is conflict of interests. The younger person is still finding themselves, on average. Even older people change in life and they can grow apart, but the problem can be a bit more troublesome if the younger doesn't have a solid head on their shoulders.

It can still work despite all this. But at 19, the life experience is rarely there. The soul searching is rarely completed.

The best thing the older person can do, is be empathetic. Think back to that age, how they felt, how they acted, what they liked to do (or think of others in their life that were similar to how the younger in the romance thinks). Know they have a lot to go through, and be supportive, understanding, and don't be a parent figure. They have to make some mistakes to learn, and if you become too parent-y, you will push them away.

There is a huge difference in mentality between a 19 year old and a 25 year old usually. But these things work. I know a few couples that were 10 years apart and they worked out well. I've known some that were together a long time and it became an issue later on, but only because of lack of communication on both sides.

If you have a strong foundation and you work on understanding each other and keep the lines of communication open and listen, talk, and work through stuff ... well that is how any relationship succeeds, no matter the ages of the people in the commitment.

Actually, although most people say in this thread "There's nothign wrong with it" you get much different advice when you do something like this in real life. I was 22 when I first got married to a 19 year old and I got so much pressure from my family when we were dating because "it never works out when you get together that young" and "a 19 year old cannot possibly be ready for that kind of comittment." I personally do not see the logic in these statements. We're going to break up eventually so we should break up now? Why not give it all you've got and hope that it lasts, the same as you do with any relationship?

We did eventually break up after 6 years. But I'm just saying you would be surprised the things people will say to you if you are actually seriously involved as/with a young person.
    Last edited by xinjun; 2013-08-23 at 12:39 PM.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    theres nothing wrong with this right? i don't think its too big of an age gap.
    No. 19 and 25 is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with it, but there is something wrong when you have to ask the MMO Champ forums about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    No. 19 and 25 is fine.
    Awesome weight loss dude.

Deleted
    Judging from the question asked in the post, I think you'll be better suited with a 12 year old, brain wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    theres nothing wrong with this right? i don't think its too big of an age gap.
    Not at all, when me and my g/f began dating. my g/f was 20 when I was 27. 5 years and were still going strong.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    half your age plus 3, within the confines of the law.

Some 19 year old girls will go out with guys in their 40's if they have tons of money, of course not all women would.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    Some 19 year old girls will go out with guys in their 40's if they have tons of money, of course not all women would.
    Exactly the best babes at clubs are always with some old rich dudes :/
    Well atleast something to aim in life for hehe.

Both are consenting adults. Nothing wrong with it. My in-laws are 12 years apart (it is kinda weird though since they are completely different generations, but it works for them). As long as you're both mature about it, there's nothing wrong. Her parents mught be weird about it, but all yo have to do is show you're not a creeper.