Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Possible way to revive World PvP?

So I have this idea that I came up with and I would like to hear yall's opinion on it.

So as the title suggests, this could be a possible solution to world PvP and get people to get excited about it again.

So here's the basic description of it:

Every week, a random zone is selected and would be designated as a World PvP zone. It lasts for the whole week and resest on Teusday like everything else and then a new zone is selected for the following week. Now the zone would be the same zone for an entire region. It would only be for max level's but questing for characters in those zones will still be usable becuase of phasing and they won't be able to be ganked because they are not max level.

So the basic concept is that in the zone, it is transformed to where the Alliance and Horde quest hubs of those areas have been fortified and siege like. Since the zone is designated for Regions, the whole region participates so the Alliance and Horde numbers could be around the same size. Realms would make it too difficult as there would be definate size problems for each faction because they would be different and there would be an unfair advantage.

The objective of the week in the zone is to control resource control points, kill enemy players, and destroy the opposing quest hubs each day.

Now here is the idea for it to be wortwhile for people. If you particpate daily for the whole week, all 7 days, you get a buff that is persistent for how many days you played before the following week. I'm not quite sure what the buff could be but it could be like increased experience gained for your alts, reputation buff, Valor or Justice points buff, or Conquest and Honor points buff, or you get to choose certain rewards like a chest or choose a specific buff.

Now, if your faction wins for the week, the whole region that is on that faction could get some rewards. Im not sure exactly what those could be becuase of balancing issues but we can just take the ones from the personal awards listed above and just use those for now.

So thats the basic overview of my idea to get world PvP going again.

So add anything you would like or what your thoughts are in the comments.

Thanks!

it has been suggested tons of times years ago, they just don't want to do it. also their newest psychology regarding phasing is that "we only phase npcs/quests, but not players so people can play together and not phase each other"

Kinda interesting but sounds kinda like a battleground to me, just bigger and longer with no queue.

Deleted
    The best way to revive world pvp is to provide players with an ability to force flying mount dismounts on both players mid air (with parachute), grounding them both to fight.

You have that with that turtle shell item from a rare, but what range do you want to have on that? Not a lot of ppl fly very low to the ground cause of the trees and terrain.

If you really want world pvp get on your realm forum and organize those events yourself, if there are people who like open pvp it will succed. But the problem is most of the people crying for world pvp just want to gank.

Remove Arena, Rated and RBGS.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Maybe Blizzard could add loot table to the Town Bosses , That would prolly get the world pvp goin :P

Good idea but I think it would require excessive effort to have so many zones with pvp objectives.
    Could be messy/confusing.
    I really like the idea of town bosses dropping loot. I think a mount dropping off town bosses would be awesome.
    Last edited by Decorpse; 2013-08-23 at 05:29 PM.

and how are you going to handle the unbalnced servers? just say suck it up your town/fort is under attack 24/7?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly this would not work because the common player would find any sort of buff or reward from world pvp to be mandatory if it were to grant an effect that increase progression in content. Would pvp has always been a real issue for Blizzard because the world can not be summed up as some algebraic equation in which net players travel through zone A at a rate of 230 per hour at a faction balance of 61% Horde to 39% Alliances x average gear of players + ganks over the blah blah.

The simple fact is world pvp can not be balanced, we were given BG's, Arena's, and War games as a place to test our PVP capabilities and to push them to new levels.

World pvp should remain as it is now, send the horde and alliance to a mutual quest hub and let the magic happen. If you want more world pvp the best thing to do is get on your mount, fly to destination X and kill every single player you can get your hands on. When more come keep killing. Soon enough someone gets pissed and invites friends. In response invite your friends and again let the magic happen!

Resources, rares, and world events are great starting points for a world pvp brawl.

The solution to world pvp is simple... Get of your mount and kill someone =)

Stay Classy

But then I would be getting ambushed by 5 alliance even while i'm on my flyer, 5000 feet in the air. Doesn't sound very fair to me.
    Quote from Sick4Paradise -

Wow, they should give you Ghostcrawler's job. Wait, no that's a bad idea, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    #1. Remove flying mounts.
    #2. Award bonus honor for all kills outside of BGs.
    #3. Allow players to earn conquest points by capturing objectives in specific zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Remove Arena, Rated and RBGS.

It's unfortunate that more people don't understand this. This is the reason world PvP is dead. FFS, it's not flying mounts. Arena, and BG's are more favorable because there is a reward for doing it. There is no point in world PvP.

The only reward, OP, in your scenario is to get a buff by doing something for 7 days straight -- making it feel a little too mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It's unfortunate that more people don't understand this. This is the reason world PvP is dead. FFS, it's not flying mounts. Arena, and BG's are more favorable because there is a reward for doing it. There is no point in world PvP.
    You can change that without removing arena/bgs by just allowing players to earn conquest points through world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    You can change that without removing arena/bgs by just allowing players to earn conquest points through world pvp.
    Then we have the problem where players will always choose what is the most efficient way to earn the conquest points. If the rate of acquisition is equal, then people will choose BG's and arena, because it's more convenient. If you got more Conquest from world PvP then you risk killing BG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Then we have the problem where players will always choose what is the most efficient way to earn the conquest points. If the rate of acquisition is equal, then people will choose BG's and arena, because it's more convenient. If you got more Conquest from world PvP then you risk killing BG's.
    Not everyone. There are people who likes pvp but are not fans of arena or bgs. I would always go for world pvp if I had the option even if I could earn conquest faster by doing arenas.

There is no room for world pvp imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastaar View Post
    There is no room for world pvp imho.
    PvE realms are for people like you.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    World PvP never died, People don't want it, On my realm we do want WPvP so guess what? We get it, a lot, 90sv90s large groups, organised city raids almost every day,

Flying mounts, Arena/BGs/Rated BGS did nothing to ruin W-PvP because only the players can do it, it doesn't matter what blizz do if the players themselves don't want it.