Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnvills View Post
    Hello Guys,

There are lot of interesting TV series launched till a day!! Guys tell me which series is best according to you Dexter Vs Game of Thrones?? Share it guys!!
    Why versus? They're 2 completely and utterly different series. Why does everything have to be AGAINST something? They're both good.

GoT!

Friend of mine made me watch Dexter. I was watching on demand. Season two pissed me off when they were "on to him" because it was just too unbelievable. I forced my way through it, and started enjoying it again.

Then came season, whatever, when his sister saw him kill the religious guy. I found my remote, shut it off, and never looked back. I didn't want to see how they justified another couple seasons after that, it's was almost guaranteed to irritate me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamanTankFTW View Post
    Game of Thrones. Hands down.

Dexter, to me, is like every other TV Show; predictable. Game of Thrones is a major serial drama/action series that will literaly keep you on the edge of your seat the entire time you're watching it.
    Unless you've read the books. :P

I like them both and couldn't really pick one, they're both different genre's aswell.

Umm...They're both good shows so I choose both.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    GoT!

Friend of mine made me watch Dexter. I was watching on demand. Season two pissed me off when they were "on to him" because it was just too unbelievable. I forced my way through it, and started enjoying it again.

Then came season, whatever, when his sister saw him kill the religious guy. I found my remote, shut it off, and never looked back. I didn't want to see how they justified another couple seasons after that, it's was almost guaranteed to irritate me.
    I had the same opinion after Deb caught him, but it's actually turned out really well!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Unless you've read the books. :P

I like them both and couldn't really pick one, they're both different genre's aswell.
    That was the most recently completed season. Also this current season is the last season of the show I believe.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

(Breaking Bad > ) Dexter > GoT (extremely overrated imo)

Never watched Dexter, but I've read quite a lot of negative opinions about it, compared to GoT.

Most of the negative opinions about GoT was biased crap about the pace being too slow or, from the mouths of blind fanboys of the books, that it was too fast and didn't reflect the books enough. Both opinions are equally stupid, GoT is a great, mostly POLITICAL (if you don't understand that, get the hell out and go watch Dragon Ball, you'll find plenty of action there) show, that had to cut out the non-crucial parts of the books in order to make the story interesting and fit in the limited screentime they got.

Dexter, in the meanwhile, was criticized for pretty much the same things that you could read in this topic - that it was going downhill with each season.

So yeah, comparing the 2 is pretty pointless, but I'm pretty certain if we're talking pure quality, GoT wins by miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Dexter is better, game of thrones is just about how characters can backstab each other and kill one another. theres literally no1 to root for.

GoT is a study of the effects of power and how it controls, corrupts, destroys. It is intrigue, romance, blood and misery and is about how history repeats itself time and time again when people refuse to step out of the confines of self interest and greed.

Game of Thrones is one the few shows that is keeping its storyline quality as seasons go, because its based on a book!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Game of Thrones is one the few shows that is keeping its storyline quality as seasons go, because its based on a book!
    I don't see what the big deal it is about it. The Author of the books IMO is a bit ignorant.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They are very different shows, so not sure why you compare these two. Between the two, GoT is (a lot) better....it's IMO the best TV show that ever was and most likely will ever be, and I never even watched it until this year and since then I've watched all of the seasons twice except for the third and I've read all five books. I've seen a few Dexter episodes, definitely a unique show but I don't see what's so special about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't see what the big deal it is about it. The Author of the books IMO is a bit ignorant.
    How so? Just curious, because he's a pretty smart dude and the way his characters are written ( very realistically instead of 'good' or 'bad') suggests anything but ignorance.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-08-23 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    "Ignorant"? That's an interesting word to use.

But I love GoT, the books are some of the best book I've ever read, it has some really great characters and a realistic fantasy universe that makes sense. The three complaints I hear about that show is:

1) Too many characters.

2) Everybody dies, nobody to root for.

3) Too many politics.

The first one is an opinion based one, but I like that we get such a wide view of that world, and it works because GRRM is so damn great at characterization. The second one I just find hilarious and that's just the author creating great characters you care for, which is good. If you can't handle it, too bad, somebody showing a realistic world like that where somebody can actually be in danger is great. The third one I just love. The medieval politics and power-fights are awesome and makes sense, not like all the stories like Star Trek where somebody becomes captain/king/lord/general/commander/whatever and then goes on adventures, showing no leader skills whatsoever. As GRRM puts it, it's just assumed that a lone wolf like Aragorn is going to be best king.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-08-23 at 08:14 PM.

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I'm trying to get into Breaking Bad, 4 or 5 episodes into series 1, I'm not finding in that interesting, but I'll keep at it.
    Oh dude, I urge you to go on, Breaking Bad starts out as boring as "A dad with cancer and a family sit-com" into a whole another world, I found it boring at the start but holy shit, mid-season 2 and season 3 shit gets fucking real in that serie, hands down GoT and BB best series ever made to date.

They're apples and oranges , but if you want to compare writing... character arcs... how each show improves... game of thrones hands down really. If you want to compare two shows that are giants in terms of quality but have a huge difference compare breaking bad with game of thrones.

Don't get me wrong I like Dexter, it's just kinda like true blood.. a show that doesn't really seem to take itself seriously all the time a bit campy if you will. It also revolves a bit too much around one formula. Dexter faces a big serial killer thats harder to catch than normal, he comes to an epiphany close to the end of the show which is usually forgotten by the next season.. there are a few twists, more than a few filler episodes of side cast members that don't really matter all that much ect ect ect..

10+ Year Old Account
    How so? Just curious, because he's a pretty smart dude and the way his characters are written ( very realistically instead of 'good' or 'bad') suggests anything but ignorance.
    "Fan fiction is bad to start out as a writer." Herp Derp(Not at you but him) Most writing starts out as fan fiction until it's published >_>

"Ignorant"? That's an interesting word to use.
    I call him ignorant based on his opinion of fanfiction.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    For me its Vikings>Got>breaking bad>Hannibal>Dexter
    But their all good so I watch em all.
    Well I download em all...

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Never watched Dexter, but I've read quite a lot of negative opinions about it, compared to GoT.

Most of the negative opinions about GoT was biased crap about the pace being too slow or, from the mouths of blind fanboys of the books, that it was too fast and didn't reflect the books enough. Both opinions are equally stupid, GoT is a great, mostly POLITICAL (if you don't understand that, get the hell out and go watch Dragon Ball, you'll find plenty of action there) show, that had to cut out the non-crucial parts of the books in order to make the story interesting and fit in the limited screentime they got.

Dexter, in the meanwhile, was criticized for pretty much the same things that you could read in this topic - that it was going downhill with each season.

So yeah, comparing the 2 is pretty pointless, but I'm pretty certain if we're talking pure quality, GoT wins by miles.
    Seems like all you're doing is dismissing the criticism of GoT out of hand...which is just another form of the "biased crap" you accuse the critics of.

Dexter season 2 was as good as it gets as for the rest, Game Of Thrones simply blows it out of the water.

Still prefer the Wire, Rome, The Shield and Deadwood but lets be fair there all awesome series,
    Last edited by sircaw; 2013-08-23 at 08:15 PM.