Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmochampionuserone View Post
    now you're just being completely awkward. I'm done argueing with all of you, you just ignore everything i say even though i lay it out in enough detail to prove you wrong time and time again, you pull counter arguements out of your arses.

I'll be laughing at you all completely when the alliance get high elves and i'll be sure to pm a copy of this thread to all of you :3
    i know jokes on us

they were playable in 2006 we were wrong all along

If high elves become playable I'd seriously just want to see racial abilities go away and all the random species we've seen so far with a humanoid form become playable. As to no racials I of course only mean the combat enhancing ones, the weird ones that are purely cosmetic (like worgen two forms or the on all fours 'mount' are ok when applicable).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Call it what you want I 'm just sharring my opinion as a horde player here. I truly would get pissed if Alliance were to get High Elves as a playable race at some point in the game. Despite it somehow fitting the lore I find it very very annoying for 2 factions to share a race model (pandaren do not count for obvious reasons).
    Also if I am not mistaken, according to the lore, the elves that actually remained high elves and still side with the Alliance are very very few are they not?
    Don't know guys it would just really grind my gears to see that happening....
    What's your opinion on the matter?
    (no flaming cause of opinions please)
    given that the faction of goblins that joined the horde apparently all managed to fit onto 1 small ship when escaping the starting island i see no reason why low population would ever factor into faction viability. The high elves may be relatively few in number but they have always had a presence in game as a part of the alliance, i really think the "but they are sooooo few" crowd are grasping at straws for when it comes to reasons they cant be playable.

However, i dont imagine we will ever see them become playable, not without one of the current alliance races splintering into 2 and some of them joining the horde.

"somehow fitting the lore" made me laugh out loud, thank you for that.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

Look at this shit. People are so jaded now that they don't complain about things that have happened that they don't like that's pissing them off, they complain about hypothetical things that haven't been confirmed by any sources that wouldn't happen for a long time as pissing them off.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this thread is going places...

Deleted
    Truth be told. Lore wise Alliance already got high elves when Shen'dralar Mages joined the Alliance(Night elfs dont do magic, but the Shen'dralar do, so actually lore wise all night elf mages are high elfs, or atleast trained by a high elf. schooled.
    Last edited by mmoc679fbf879f; 2013-08-26 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Truth be told. Lore wise Alliance already got high elves when Shen'dralar Mages joined the Alliance(Night elfs dont do magic, but the Shen'dralar do, so actually lore wise all night elf mages are high elfs, or atleast trained by a high elf. schooled.
    those are highborne (night elves , they didnt evolved into high elves, they never went to quelthalas and sunwell ) , players are night elves they are trained by highbornes , but alliance have high elves since forever theramore , hinterlands , SW, Allerian stronghold , etc

the only reason horde got blood elves is balance between factions (its lorelol by blizzard ), horde was outnumbered at vanilla .

"I'd be pissed if the Alliance got High Elves."
    "Why?"
    "Just 'cause."

Ok op. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Because the Quel'dorei and the Kel'dorei didn't looked the same in lore, unlike the Quel'dorei and Kel'dorei. They stopped being the same race over the span of thousands of years.
    Why couldn't they look similar, but have different stances, facial features, hairstyles etc? Even slightly different builds? Just because they're the same race doesn't mean they can't be defined by other methods in their model representation. Take a look at trolls for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Why couldn't they look similar, but have different stances, facial features, hairstyles etc? Even slightly different builds? Just because they're the same race doesn't mean they can't be defined by other methods in their model representation. Take a look at trolls for example.
    Trolls also have thousands of years separating each clan. That's the main point. Model changing because very minor differences, implying that somehow a High Elf 10 years older changed so much due to political stance doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls also have thousands of years separating each clan. That's the main point. Model changing because very minor differences, implying that somehow a High Elf 10 years older changed so much due to political stance doesn't make sense.
    It's model changing for the sake of a new model to afford some differentiation and maintaining the 'silhouette' difference. They wouldn't need to look substantially different, but being stood idle differently and moving with different animations does make a big difference and is all that's really needed.

It's model changing for the sake of a new model to afford some differentiation and maintaining the 'silhouette' difference. They wouldn't need to look substantially different, but being stood idle differently and moving with different animations does make a big difference and is all that's really needed.
    But why? They are essentially the same, they shouldn't get a new model to look different, Pandaren look the same as well, so why should high elves get this special treatment?
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-08-27 at 01:24 PM.

Deleted
    Yet, one very important fact is always ignored. The differences between the High and Blood Elves are political, there is nothing that differentiate them besides one being Horde and the other Alliance. Not only that, the kingdom and culture belong to the Blood Elves, the High Elves are individuals working for the different human organizations. Even the Silver Convenant is part of the Kirin Tor military structure.

The main point is, that this is a game. Do we all look the same exact way? You can change how your character looks like in GW2 can't you? You can also do so in SWTOR too can't you?

So because of how the game is made you can't do that in WoW. Which means it's a perfectly possible to make High Elves look different than Blood Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet, one very important fact is always ignored. The differences between the High and Blood Elves are political, there is nothing that differentiate them besides one being Horde and the other Alliance. Not only that, the kingdom and culture belong to the Blood Elves, the High Elves are individuals working for the different human organizations. Even the Silver Convenant is part of the Kirin Tor military structure.
    So you're telling me there aren't buff as fuck or fat Elves out there? Are they all clones of each other?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    The main point is, that this is a game. Do we all look the same exact way? You can change how your character looks like in GW2 can't you? You can also do so in SWTOR too can't you?

So because of how the game is made you can't do that in WoW. Which means it's a perfectly possible to make High Elves look different than Blood Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're telling me there aren't buff as fuck or fat Elves out there? Are they all clones of each other?
    The same can be told of every single race, right?

If that's the point, then I want a race of short fat humans on the Horde. But it's not the point, the difference is nothing more than political.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Since they are the same race they should share the same base model, they simply shouldn't have special customization available to them, because it just doesn't make sense. You ask for something solely for gameplay reasons, which is utterly unnecessary considering the circumstances, they would be essentially be like pandaren, the same race playable to both sides, with the difference that they chose their side years ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Since they are the same race they should share the same base model, they simply shouldn't have special customization available to them, because it just doesn't make sense. You ask for something solely for gameplay reasons, which is utterly unnecessary considering the circumstances, they would be essentially be like pandaren, the same race playable to both sides, with the difference that they chose their side years ago.
    Exactly. Like the Pandaren, the difference between the High and Blood Elves is political.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    But why? They are essentially the same, they shouldn't get a new model to look different, Pandaren look the same as well, so why should high elves get this special treatment?
    Because they have had, and continue to have an important role within the Alliance.

I'm not ignoring it. On the contrary, it's that difference that makes them important. You're the one ignoring the fact that High Elves have had, and continue to have a much more influential role in the Alliance politically and militarily than Worgen, Draenei and Gnomes. Yet for some perverse reason we can't play them, even though we can see them in action more than we see those other races that we can play.

Deleted
    high elfs for ally and murlocks for horde GG

The only problem that I see is the river of tears from the alliance playerbase if the horde gets a new race with a new model and they get a reskined model.

They could give the horde some kind of Draenei group that wants to study demons with warlocks and things like that, red and darker skin, green eyes, like the Eredar but good, I don't know, is a tricky thing.