Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    It would necessitate more lore focus on the Elves in order to explain why they've managed to scrape together enough resources to suddenly count as a faction.
    Silver Covenant.

Never mind the Tauren and other low population factions.Population never mattered before, it won't matter now.

This distracts from currently existing playable races who have received next to no story attention in recent years. All of these neglected races happen to be Alliance side.
    And following on from the complaints in LK, it does make you wonder why Blizzard pulled the same mistake again.

There would also have to be comparable focus on whatever race the Horde gets to share with the Alliance.
    Ideally, yes.

Indeed, what cast off Alliance race would the Horde get? Highborne? Joined the Alliance recently, there was a big song and dance about it.
    Which doesn't mean they all did.

Why not the Alliance player who wants to be Forsaken? Or the Horde player who wants to be a Draenei?
    If you can think of a story that would justify it...sure. Ironically, the Alliance playing an Undead - not Forsaken, but undead - would probably be the more likely of the two

The alternative is the solution to give High Elves some new model in order to differentiate them from the Blood Elves.
    An alternative if you assume that a different model is a necessity.

And even if they did do this, the High Elves and the Blood Elves are seen as the same race by the vast majority of WoW players.
    No. They are seen as the same by those who want to shoot down the idea. Players aren't asking for playable Alliance blood elves. They are asking for High Elves. They are imply treated as a totally different race who look almost the same as Blood Elves. No, lorewise it doesn't make sense. Lorewise, you are right.

The impact on player population has to be considered also.
    Probably negligible. Horde has more than one pretty race now. Lets do the unthinkable - Blizzard removes the Pandaren as a Horde option. They'd then need to bring in a new race to compensate - lets say Mogu - AND give the Horde an Alliance race in swap for the HElfs. Horde still ends up with multiple pretty races.

You are willing to undermine their sense of identity within the Horde to play the same race Blue side.
    The one valid point that can be presented. It's a judgement call.

And the public relations nightmare Blizzard will have to endure if they ever announced the High Elves. More Elves? Alliance get Horde race re-skin?Blizzard out of ideas!
    Blizzard gives each side TWO new races!! Only a PR "disaster" if Blizzard hypes them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    And the even fewer Pandaren, lots of them still stayed on the turtle.
    Yes..if Blizzard decides to make a player race, it won't care what its population will be.

EJL

I could see blizzard giving horde an entirely new race and giving alliance reskinned blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with wanting. However you refuse to acknowledge the consequences adding the High Elves to the Alliance would provoke.

It would necessitate more lore focus on the Elves in order to explain why they've managed to scrape together enough resources to suddenly count as a faction. This distracts from currently existing playable races who have received next to no story attention in recent years. All of these neglected races happen to be Alliance side.
    There would also have to be comparable focus on whatever race the Horde gets to share with the Alliance. All of this is time that would be better spent on the Worgen and the Draenei, two races I'd be excited to learn more about.
    Indeed, what cast off Alliance race would the Horde get? Highborne? Joined the Alliance recently, there was a big song and dance about it. Dark Iron Dwarves? From recent stories, they are actually getting MORE loyal to the Alliance. Leper Gnomes...ok now that's just taking the piss. We can rule out Humans in any shape or form, even Alterac Humans, as Humans are the Alliance core. And you've got a screw loose if you even mention Worgen, let alone Draenei.
    Any new faction would do that. And let's be honest, there can't be that many Worgen left when you consider how many were killed by the Scourge, then that the majority didn't retain their mental faculties after being cursed and remain feral worgen, and finally just how many might have been evacuated by the few ships the Night Elves sent to rescue them. Nor can there be many Draenei either, not many were on the Exodar to begin with and many didn't survive the crash.

It would damage faction diversity. Don't give me the Pandaren excuse and say that since the Pandaren have been brought in, they may as well allow it for other race. Ghostcrawler's recent tweet clarified that they weren't keen on the concept of neutral races and only employed it with the Pandaren because they thought the Pandaren would be unusually popular with both factions and didn't want to deny either side the chance to play one. Blizzard wants the two factions to be as diverse as possible, and making the Elves cross-faction would severely undermine that. Also, once you make one race cross-faction (again the Pandaren are an exception) then the pressure to make the other races available will start to become overwhelming. Why not the Alliance player who wants to be Forsaken? Or the Horde player who wants to be a Draenei?

The alternative is the solution to give High Elves some new model in order to differentiate them from the Blood Elves. This very day Blizzard confirmed that the great model upgrade is a mere 25% complete. You really think Blizzard is going to devote precious art resources to this pet project? And even if they did do this, the High Elves and the Blood Elves are seen as the same race by the vast majority of WoW players. Individuals on both factions would instantly begin campaigning for access to the 'other' Elf model, as some will prefer it to the one their faction has.
    Well isn't that already the case between Blood Elf and Night Elf models; if aesthetics are the issue? We're not talking about the aesthetics though in this case, but the actual lore behind them.

The impact on player population has to be considered also. Despite people complaining about them, the Blood Elves are individually the most popular played Horde race. Giving this choice to the Alliance also will over time result in a burgeoning population of High Elves. Seeing High Elves, Night Elves and Blood Elves everywhere you turn is not going to be particularly healthy to the image of the game. One in every three players could easily be some kind of Elf by the end of it.
    I think humans are, and would remain the most popular race overall, and most popular Alliance side.

The impact on current Blood Elf players. This is an argument I've not deployed much, but I will here. Currently, Blood Elf players play in one of the few fantasy universes in which they are allied to the Orcs and other assorted 'monsters' rather than the Humans. Allowing Alliance players to play a Horde race will make that Horde race feel less Horde. You are willing to undermine their sense of identity within the Horde to play the same race Blue side.
    On the contrary, adding them as a player class offers a superb opportunity to add to the lore and better define those races and emphasise their divisions.

And the public relations nightmare Blizzard will have to endure if they ever announced the High Elves. More Elves? Alliance get Horde race re-skin?Blizzard out of ideas!
    I don't think so, I think they'd be popular enough that that wouldn't matter. People said Pandaren jumped the shark, but they've been implemented pretty well imho.

Face it. This isn't about denying people what they want. It's about those people refusing to think about the potential consequences of what could happen if they get their way.
    What consequences? People get to play a race they want, or they stick to the ones we have. The game didn't turn into Blood Elves Vs Werewolves as many predicted when Worgen were introduced, nor did it turn into Kung Fu Panda with Pandaren on both sides. A lot will depend on the models, the racial abilities, classes available, and pretty much just what players want to play. On the whole, I think the majority of players probably actually stick to their main and don't reroll or make use of race/faction change services. They might level an alt to see what its like, but they won't play it seriously or nearly as much as their main.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-08-24 at 08:23 PM.

Deleted
    High elves are currently the only race fighting for one of the two factions but aren't represented by players? Or am I forgetting someone?

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Call it what you want I 'm just sharring my opinion as a horde player here. I truly would get pissed if Alliance were to get High Elves as a playable race at some point in the game. Despite it somehow fitting the lore I find it very very annoying for 2 factions to share a race model (pandaren do not count for obvious reasons).
    Also if I am not mistaken, according to the lore, the elves that actually remained high elves and still side with the Alliance are very very few are they not?
    Don't know guys it would just really grind my gears to see that happening....
    What's your opinion on the matter?
    (no flaming cause of opinions please)
    To be honest, if this causes you this much pain, you're too personally involved in a game and you need to take a step back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirr View Post
    High elves are currently the only race fighting for one of the two factions but aren't represented by players? Or am I forgetting someone?
    Ogre help the Horde but I don't remember them attacking the Alliance directly in WoW like Silver Covenant.
    (we can get quest from some as alliance members)

Same as old goblin(before one faction join the Horde) > mostly help the Horde but you see many with alliance
    (One goblin even in SI:7)
    Last edited by greeeed; 2013-08-24 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Any new faction would do that. And let's be honest, there can't be that many Worgen left when you consider how many were killed by the Scourge, then that the majority didn't retain their mental faculties after being cursed and remain feral worgen, and finally just how many might have been evacuated by the few ships the Night Elves sent to rescue them. Nor can there be many Draenei either, not many were on the Exodar to begin with and many didn't survive the crash.
    As has been pointed out, the Worgen can spread the curse to other willing Humans. The Draenei population might be relatively low, I will admit that.

Well isn't that already the case between Blood Elf and Night Elf models; if aesthetics are the issue? We're not talking about the aesthetics though in this case, but the actual lore behind them.
    False equivalence. The Blood Elves and Night Elves are separate races, whereas the High Elves and the Blood Elves are the same race with a political division.

I think humans are, and would remain the most popular race overall, and most popular Alliance side
    Potentially. But Elves are always very popular in MMOs and a substantial High Elf population would inevitably emerge.

On the contrary, adding them as a player class offers a superb opportunity to add to the lore and better define those races and emphasise their divisions.
    Divisions are most interesting when the competing factions not only have compelling narratives but have a chance of realising them. The High Elves are the remnant of a remnant. You've mentioned low Draenei population numbers, something I am willing to accept is plausible (however we don't know how many Draenei were recovered once the Dark Portal opened). However the reason population keeps cropping up, despite various posters saying 'what about the tauren?' or 'what about the Gnomes?' is that many years ago there WAS a blue response on the High Elves I wish I could dig up, but I do remember.
    The blue poster said the in game reason the High Elves weren't being added was due to their exceptionally low population. This was said in the same time frame they were adding in the Draenei. It is not too much of a leap to assume that from the point of view Blizzard then, the Draenei population is more substantial than the High Elf. There is also no reason to believe that this position has changed.

Basically, the High Elves are done. Their population (remember, the figure of 25,000 was mentioned in the now non-canon Warcraft RPG so that can be safely ignored) is at best a few hundred individuals concentrated in Dalaran. There are a smattering of High Elves in one or two lodges (correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't one of the High Elf lodges destroyed during the cataclysm?).

That's the in-universe reason they weren't added.

The out of universe reason they weren't added was that a decision was taken to add Blood Elves to the Horde. The reason being they wanted to add the Elf race in somewhere, and the Horde (which was under-populated at the time) had a niche for a pretty elf race to draw people in.

What niche would the High Elves fill in the Alliance? None. The Elf race is covered by the Night Elves. The Magical race is covered by the Draenei and to a lesser extent, the Gnomes.

And here's the kicker. For all the complaints about a lack of Alliance story focus this expansion, you are promoting adding a race whose sole in game role now seems to be to act as a foil to the player Blood Elf faction. The High Elves and Vereesa are a story device to be deployed whenever Blizzard wants to give the Alliance involvement in a Blood Elf story. If the Blood Elves aren't involved, then it's the Kirin Tor and Dalaran and Jaina Proudmoore.

They didn't come to the Throne of Thunder under their own banner now did they like the Blood Elves did? They came as part of Dalaran's forces.

They are a purely REACTIONARY force. They can't drive any conflict with the Blood Elves because their conflict with the Blood Elves has been resolved and they lost it. All they can do story-wise is sit in exile dependent on the charity of Stormwind and Dalaran and smoulder.

I don't think so, I think they'd be popular enough that that wouldn't matter. People said Pandaren jumped the shark, but they've been implemented pretty well imho.
    A false equivalence. The Pandaren were by far the most asked for race to be added. They were a brand new model, brand new culture, and they added something new and fresh to the game we hadn't see before.

Blizzard attempting to re-package an existing race for the other side will provoke a backlash substantially greater than the one the Pandaren endured. The Backlash will be based around 'Blizzard are cheap giving us an existing race' and 'Oh dear god not more damn Elves'. You have to admit there is a point there. Each faction already has an elf race. Why do they need add a second elf option where none is required?

What consequences? People get to play a race they want, or they stick to the ones we have. The game didn't turn into Blood Elves Vs Werewolves as many predicted when Worgen were introduced, nor did it turn into Kung Fu Panda with Pandaren on both sides. A lot will depend on the models, the racial abilities, classes available, and pretty much just what players want to play. On the whole, I think the majority of players probably actually stick to their main and don't reroll or make use of race/faction change services. They might level an alt to see what its like, but they won't play it seriously or nearly as much as their main.
    Answer me this. Why should Blizzard make the most popular race of the Horde faction available to Alliance players, simply because those Alliance players don't want to play Horde. If they made that decision, why bother have racial divisions between the factions at all, why not allow every player to choose their faction regardless of race OR story.
    In fact, taken to it's logical extreme, why not remove the Alliance and the Horde altogether?

That sort of consequence, the logical end-point of what you are asking for. Which is why I am so vehemently against it. The Pandaren are the exception to the rule, with good sound reasoning as to why they are the exception.

The High Elves are just an exercise in wish-fulfillment that really does begin to break down Red-Blue divisions.

And I'm here to argue against that first step ever being taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    As has been pointed out, the Worgen can spread the curse to other willing Humans. The Draenei population might be relatively low, I will admit that.

False equivalence. The Blood Elves and Night Elves are separate races, whereas the High Elves and the Blood Elves are the same race with a political division.

Potentially. But Elves are always very popular in MMOs and a substantial High Elf population would inevitably emerge.
    It would, but where would they come from? If they're desperate to play Elves, they'll just come from NElfs and BElfs already, assuming they switch. Only a small number of players will switch in any case.

Divisions are most interesting when the competing factions not only have compelling narratives but have a chance of realising them. The High Elves are the remnant of a remnant. You've mentioned low Draenei population numbers, something I am willing to accept is plausible (however we don't know how many Draenei were recovered once the Dark Portal opened). However the reason population keeps cropping up, despite various posters saying 'what about the tauren?' or 'what about the Gnomes?' is that many years ago there WAS a blue response on the High Elves I wish I could dig up, but I do remember.
    The blue poster said the in game reason the High Elves weren't being added was due to their exceptionally low population. This was said in the same time frame they were adding in the Draenei. It is not too much of a leap to assume that from the point of view Blizzard then, the Draenei population is more substantial than the High Elf. There is also no reason to believe that this position has changed.
    Worgen as I already pointed out are remnants of remnants of remnants, as are Draenei, rarer still Death Knights of any race; let's not get started on DKs of those races. The small population was an excuse to begin with, but self evidently it's no longer important.

Basically, the High Elves are done. Their population (remember, the figure of 25,000 was mentioned in the now non-canon Warcraft RPG so that can be safely ignored) is at best a few hundred individuals concentrated in Dalaran. There are a smattering of High Elves in one or two lodges (correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't one of the High Elf lodges destroyed during the cataclysm?).

That's the in-universe reason they weren't added.

The out of universe reason they weren't added was that a decision was taken to add Blood Elves to the Horde. The reason being they wanted to add the Elf race in somewhere, and the Horde (which was under-populated at the time) had a niche for a pretty elf race to draw people in.

What niche would the High Elves fill in the Alliance? None. The Elf race is covered by the Night Elves. The Magical race is covered by the Draenei and to a lesser extent, the Gnomes.
    Why do they need a niche?

And here's the kicker. For all the complaints about a lack of Alliance story focus this expansion, you are promoting adding a race whose sole in game role now seems to be to act as a foil to the player Blood Elf faction. The High Elves and Vereesa are a story device to be deployed whenever Blizzard wants to give the Alliance involvement in a Blood Elf story. If the Blood Elves aren't involved, then it's the Kirin Tor and Dalaran and Jaina Proudmoore.

They didn't come to the Throne of Thunder under their own banner now did they like the Blood Elves did? They came as part of Dalaran's forces.

They are a purely REACTIONARY force. They can't drive any conflict with the Blood Elves because their conflict with the Blood Elves has been resolved and they lost it. All they can do story-wise is sit in exile dependent on the charity of Stormwind and Dalaran and smoulder.
    It's quite apparent a lack of story development beyond a starting zone is not an important consideration when adding a new race.

A false equivalence. The Pandaren were by far the most asked for race to be added. They were a brand new model, brand new culture, and they added something new and fresh to the game we hadn't see before.

Blizzard attempting to re-package an existing race for the other side will provoke a backlash substantially greater than the one the Pandaren endured. The Backlash will be based around 'Blizzard are cheap giving us an existing race' and 'Oh dear god not more damn Elves'. You have to admit there is a point there. Each faction already has an elf race. Why do they need add a second elf option where none is required?

Answer me this. Why should Blizzard make the most popular race of the Horde faction available to Alliance players, simply because those Alliance players don't want to play Horde. If they made that decision, why bother have racial divisions between the factions at all, why not allow every player to choose their faction regardless of race OR story.
    In fact, taken to it's logical extreme, why not remove the Alliance and the Horde altogether?

That sort of consequence, the logical end-point of what you are asking for. Which is why I am so vehemently against it. The Pandaren are the exception to the rule, with good sound reasoning as to why they are the exception.

The High Elves are just an exercise in wish-fulfillment that really does begin to break down Red-Blue divisions.

And I'm here to argue against that first step ever being taken.
    I don't think the slippery slope is a valid argument in this case. High Elves have been a long standing race with the Alliance, they're well desired and frankly the schism between them and the Blood Elves would do the exact opposite of breaking down divisions between the factions, but rather add another point on animosity.

10+ Year Old Account
    The alternative is the solution to give High Elves some new model in order to differentiate them from the Blood Elves.
    Nah, if people want them they can use this model...
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=6004#screenshots:id=75763

Nope, already two good looking groups of elves, sorry, the pretty/cuteness quota is already claimed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really really really doubt High Elves would become a playable race, they are barely different from Blood Elves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Edit: The best position for the elves is to just have a seperate third faction, but that will never happen so they need to be thrown into the Alliance asap. Same goes for Ogres, give em to the Horde already.
    and you dont think there would be complaints that the Horde get a brand new race while the Alliance get a rehashed one?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I think High Elves could be implemented as a new race. You can make a decent high elf model that is different from Blood Elves yet you can reckognize as being of the same race. Look at Nozdormu's high elf form, which is actually a modified Night Elf model. Customization options could have different hair styles, their eyes don't glow (and have be of multiple colors in lore). High elves could also use Dalaran's architeture, which would make their areas and presence different from Blood elf areas and cities.

But despite thinking it's feasible, I doubt Blizzard will implement them as a full race, ever.

The most likely way Blizzard may do it is if they ever decide to add sub-races. High elves could use modified Night Elf models (like the already mentioned Nozdormu's unique model), and since the same patch/expansion would add several other sub-races, it's unlikely people would complain that "Alliance got a rehashed race while Horde gets a new one".
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2013-08-25 at 03:56 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    and since the same patch/expansion would add several other sub-races, it's unlikely people would complain that "Alliance got a rehashed race while Horde gets a new one".
    that would be nice, my Orc would love to be a brown orc
    Though I dont think we would seem somethin like that for a veeeeeeeeeery long time, if ever, considering the time its taking for new models
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I noticed a lot of people said they wouldn't mind if Alliance got High Elves. I can 100% guarantee you my life that if High Elves were revealed as the next Ally race, all of the people who said they wouldn't care would be screaming in Blizzard's face saying they are lazy, stupid and cheap.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It'll never happen anyway OP. Stop worrying man.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    How pissed would you be bro

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer getting Tauren but High Elves would do.

I see no reason to be upset though.

What I think would be cool is to get Alt Orc and Troll models for Horde, and Alliance get The Broken and Alt Draenei models.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

As pissed off as OP and maybe other players would be, there would be just as many, maybe more (maybe less) who would be overjoyed to finally get high elves back.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    It would, but where would they come from? If they're desperate to play Elves, they'll just come from NElfs and BElfs already, assuming they switch. Only a small number of players will switch in any case.
    We can't know for sure, but I believe more would gravitate towards High Elves than people care to admit. That isn't an argument for by the way, in giving people what they want. If players really want to play that race, they can play Blood Elves.

Worgen as I already pointed out are remnants of remnants of remnants, as are Draenei, rarer still Death Knights of any race; let's not get started on DKs of those races. The small population was an excuse to begin with, but self evidently it's no longer important.
    There's an argument there, but it's all subjective. Population keeps being quoted in this matter because it was the in universe reason Blizzard gave us all those years ago. They haven't come back and retracted it since so we've only that official word to go. It MIGHT be that it doesn't matter any more, but it might also be your inference of race populations is off. As has been mentioned, the Worgen can spread their curse and were seen to do so in the Silverpine Forest Quests. The Gilnean population might be small, but the Human population who can become Worgen is still substantial.

As for the Draenei, anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand may have stowed away on that ship when it jumped. Granted I accept their population levels on Azeroth are likely relatively low, however they did hook up with Draenei who remained in Outland.

Whatever way you slice it, we can only INFER that Worgen and Draenei populations are relatively low whereas Blizzard has definitely come out and say that High Elf population levels are too low to sustain a viable player race.

Why do they need a niche?
    Each faction in the game is greater than the sum of it's parts. Each race you can play fulfills a niche for that faction, a way of playing. Want a tech race on the Alliance? You have the Gnomes. Want a short race on the Horde? You play Goblins. Want a nature orientated race for the Horde? You play Tauren. Want a bestial race for the Horde? You, again, play Tauren. What a nature orientated for the Alliance? You play Night Elf. Want an Elven race in the Alliance? You play Night Elf.
    Want an Elven race in the Horde? You play Blood Elves.

High Elves literally bring nothing new to the table. The niche of the magical race in the Alliance is occupied by the Draenei and the Gnomes. The niche of the Elven race is filled quite nicely by the Night Elves, who with their distrust of arcane magic are actually a better way of illustrating philosophical differences with the Blood Elves than the High Elves. After all, the original split between Blood Elf and High Elf was over how to sate the addiction to magic, with the Blood Elves coming to the conclusion even ingesting fel magic was acceptable. The restoration of the Sunwell rendered that question moot, and the division between the two is not one of race, not one even of philosophy, but one of political allegiance.

It's quite apparent a lack of story development beyond a starting zone is not an important consideration when adding a new race.
    And yet they would still need to expend the effort setting them up.

I don't think the slippery slope is a valid argument in this case. High Elves have been a long standing race with the Alliance, they're well desired and frankly the schism between them and the Blood Elves would do the exact opposite of breaking down divisions between the factions, but rather add another point on animosity.
    No they wouldn't, as I said earlier the only point of contention left between the Blood Elves and High Elves is their political allegiance. And the High Elves are still bitter about being exiled. The Night Elves with their different philosophy, and who also share an ancestry and history with the Blood Elves, are a far more effective race to draw out any divisions between the factions because the Night Elves actually espouse a different way of doing things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah woah woah. Who said they will have the same model?
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Woah woah woah. Who said they will have the same model?
    It's common sense. High Elves and Blood Elves are the exact same race except they have a ten year old political division. I know the real world doesn't inform fantasy THAT much, but (to use the United Kingdom as an example) do Labour and Conservative voters look like different species to you despite political difference?

If they are added and they DO have the same model, Blizzard will be accused of doing a cheap copy and paste job.

If they are added and they DON'T have the same model, Blizzard will have to explain why the same race has two race models. And then they would have to endure Horde Blood Elves saying 'the Alliance Elf model is better, why can't we have that one?' along with new High Elf players saying 'Our model isn't that great, I wish Blizzard would allow us to use the Blood Elf model, because we are the same race why is it a problem?'.