Question Basic strat for dics priest in 2's?

I am just about to hit 90 on my 3rd healer which is a disc priest. I have played a hpally for many years in pvp and also have a resto druid i use for pvp, both are full Tyr so I decided to lvl my priest. I don't pve at all and exclusively do pvp on all toons once im lvl capped at 90.

Anyway, my question is more of a general one. I'm not expecting anyone to tell me how to play and counter every class. I'm not even going to get into specifics about any comps possibly playing against. I just want to know how most of you who play disc handle the very start when you come out the gate(mostly, I know things change depending on comps). Do you immediatly toss PWS on yourself and partner? Do you pop any CD's in preperation even before engaging?

The sencond question would be how do you handle the burst period aside from fearing/cc? (again in general not specific class burst). Do you PWS and spam whatever heal is off CD until you can shield again? What sort of spell priorities do you have to keep the person up but conserving mana so when the burst is over you aren't almost oom?

I'm sure I would eventually figure things out and develop my own playing style but I like to learn what other people are doing incase there are some good ideas I can implement from the start. Muscle memory and reaction are very important in arena so I'd rather pick up good habits from the start. Thanks in advance for any imput from any of you.

Yes I noticed I spelled "Disc" wrong in the headline btw lol
    Last edited by Ozone; 2013-08-23 at 07:25 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me i always make the other team decide their kill target first, if they train on you, you can almost always survive the burst between PS/Shield/PoM---Silence immune Flash heal/Penance and Spectral guise. If they pick my teammate i go more offensive with dispels(can be mana intensive) and fears/mc.

If its double DPS and you survive the burst round you should be golden, if its DPS/Heals it comes down to mana managment and CC chains so depending on your partner could go either way.

I run 2's with a Ret and between his BoP and Silence immunity and his bubble we have alot of synergy for CC's not sharing DR and defense

follow up your partners cc with fear into mind control as you pom / renew / shield your dps.

also holy is superior atm due to chastize and better rawr healing.

Deleted
    Shield and LoS