Mistweaver and Challenge Mode

So. I got 9/9 Gold CM on my shaman done today.
    Next up is my Mistweaver Monk.

Now.. I don't know what stats I should use for it. I got 530 ilvl, and at that Ilvl I can use 7k mana and pump my Crit. But as I can imagine, would be hard to keep my mana up in a 463 set, and it's so long time ago I was at that ilvl.

Anyway. What do fellow Mistweaver Monk reforge for, for CM? the 3145 haste cap and then all spirit? 3145 haste>crit>spirit?

Also, which talents would you recommend?
    I imagine Chi wave, Ascension, Charging Oxe, Diffuse and Xuen.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

I've gotten 9/9 gold on two of my level 90 monks and, to be honest, as long as you have decent experience in healing and a fast reaction time you shouldn't be too concerned about reforging (Do try to up your haste a tad if possible). That is, unless, you don't have access to Restorative Ambers from the Klaxxi vendor. Otherwise spirit may become an issue.

On my second run through to get 9/9 gold, I had all raid finder gear and didn't spend any time reforging. I'm sure you'll do just fine bringing the experience you have from doing 9/9 on your shaman.

As for talents, I always used Chi Wave, ascension, and Xuen. However, I changed from Leg Sweep to Ring of Peace depending on the amount of stuns we had in the comp. I usually went with Ring of Peace to avoid stun DR since there were so many going out.
    Last edited by Takashira; 2013-08-24 at 04:23 PM.

I did my golds in actual 463 gear when MoP shipped so its was a long time ago and just went 3145 and full spirit at the time. I did really good DPS back then with RJW and SCK, however torpedo might be better now, was never a really big fan of Xuen because the cooldown is too long. You probably want CW for the tank healing. I would probably go with Leg Sweep regardless of other stuns because it allows you to DPS freely for longer. Outside of the small DPS windows you can find, I found myself just channeling on the tank and keeping very high EM uptime, with the ocasional SM or TFT SM here and there if he spiked. On most if not all boss fights you can straight out fist weave while keeping ReM up on the party.

Okay so I just did SH Gold on my monk with guildies. Only time I was OOM and had mana problems was at the last boss, as we had taken the last 2 packs in a row and then straight into the boss, with 2 adds. Besides that. It was no problem keeping mana.
    Using 7k spirit>6141 haste>crit>haste>mastery build with gemming for as much int as possible.
    And I had 5.4k haste in there, so I could probably sacrifice some of it and just get the 3145 breakpoint and get some more spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Cowiesh View Post
    Okay so I just did SH Gold on my monk with guildies. Only time I was OOM and had mana problems was at the last boss, as we had taken the last 2 packs in a row and then straight into the boss, with 2 adds. Besides that. It was no problem keeping mana.
    Using 7k spirit>6141 haste>crit>haste>mastery build with gemming for as much int as possible.
    And I had 5.4k haste in there, so I could probably sacrifice some of it and just get the 3145 breakpoint and get some more spirit
    If you're sacrificing Spirit to get the 6141 haste bp, you should probably not bother, depending on how much Healing Sphere you're using compared to Enveloping Mist. The main benefit of Haste bps for raiding is all the extra ReM ticks from having it on 6-14 people, and the RPPM procs from meta+trinks, which you don't have in ilvl 463 gear. In CMs I was much more worried about the tank than the rest of the party. If you're having the same experience and not using EM too much then consider this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    If you're sacrificing Spirit to get the 6141 haste bp, you should probably not bother, depending on how much Healing Sphere you're using compared to Enveloping Mist. The main benefit of Haste bps for raiding is all the extra ReM ticks from having it on 6-14 people, and the RPPM procs from meta+trinks, which you don't have in ilvl 463 gear. In CMs I was much more worried about the tank than the rest of the party. If you're having the same experience and not using EM too much then consider this.
    So you suggest just pump my Spirit as much as possible for CM? That was my thought too, but after speaking with other MW, they said they just used their raiding setup and was fine. And it seemed to me this hold true, for most of it. Dunno when I get into harder ones, SH is imo the easiest one. But I think I'm just gonna go max spirit for the rest.

So you suggest just pump my Spirit as much as possible for CM? That was my thought too, but after speaking with other MW, they said they just used their raiding setup and was fine. And it seemed to me this hold true, for most of it. Dunno when I get into harder ones, SH is imo the easiest one. But I think I'm just gonna go max spirit for the rest.
    Yea wen i first started playing a mistweaver i did scholomance gold with roughly 9k spirit outside of a cm. Since this was a very new char for me at the time I was spamming surging mists all over the place and doing all the things that would run me out of mana. End of the story is I only had a few mana problems towards the end and I know this is scholo which is rpobably 1 of the easier cms, but you dont rlly need that much spirit in a cm.

Not necessarily suggesting Spirit, just suggesting not-haste. Crit might also be fine instead of Spirit depending on your feel.

Disclaimer: Don't actually have any golds (just one silver) so talking about this from a theorycrafting perspective.