Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    One thing that reinforces this negative stereotype is the way many Europeans tend to whine and bellyache about the US playing world police, while they sit back and do nothing. If it bothers them so much, why not assemble their own army and take a load off the US? Its like they are too lazy to care. It would at least be a measure of respect if Europe put together their own army and told the US to back off. Instead, its just more whining.
    You've completely missed the point. If anything, you ended up further away from the target than when you aimed and fired. Too lazy to care... ahahaha. If I subtly insulted America repeatedly like you have, it'd be seen as awful but I suspect you don't think people would see any problems in what you've posted. You might not realise this but negotiations and talking actually work. You don't need to use the military for everything. You'd think Americans knew this well considering the Cold War - sure you stockpiled weapons enough to disintegrate the planet but you didn't go and start actually fighting.

Using the military is fine and there is a time when it has to be done, but the US has a history of going to that option far sooner than the rest of the world would like, and sometimes, that makes the situation far more dangerous. Even then, you don't always win. Look at Vietnam. Call it a draw or an American victory all you want but a good chunk of people including myself think that call it a victory if you want, but at what cost? That wasn't worth it. Not even the films about it were that worth it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question one- Do you think we are weird for driving on the right side of the road and the wheel on the left.
    Well, no? We do that too here, in Denmark.

Question two- What do you guys think Euro trash means. Like what do you think their stereotypes are?
    Gipsys? I dont know

Question three- What do you think would happen if ( use your country ) if a European country git ti the Americas and took over the land. for their control.
    Free healthcare and paid education. I'm not sure if I'm understanding the question properly.
    I like juice

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    European cultures are extremely similar

- - - Updated - - -

Left drive dominated.... When exactly?
    Well I don't know about other countries but we changed to right side 1967.

H(H för höger, höger=Right)-Day, 1967, chaos, but "we shall overcome". lol
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Well I don't know about other countries but we changed to right side 1967.

H(H för höger, höger=Right)-Day, 1967, chaos, but "we shall overcome". lol
    [IMGhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Kungsgatan_1967.jpg[/IMG]
    You may want to put the picture in the thumbnail.

But yes, you're right. It sure was a chaos when we switched over to the right. The majority wanted to continue to drive on the left side, we even voted to keep it the it was. But the politicians for some reason wanted to change it.

Deleted
    Eurotrash refers to the negative stereotype that Europeans are not achievement-oriented, and Europeans worry only about mindless fun while their culture, society, and standard of living decay. The stereotype that Europe will eventually lose its status as a first world society, and degrade into more a third world status and basically no-one cares anymore over there. Its like there was a better breed of European men and women a few hundred years ago that focused more on achievement, and that is now lost.

I think this negative stereotype stems from the fact that the United States used to be some backwater colony out in the wilderness, and it only took about 100 years for that colony to completely surpass all of Europe and usurp it as the world's power. It makes it seem like Europe is full of losers, hence, Eurotrash.

One thing that reinforces this negative stereotype is the way many Europeans tend to whine and bellyache about the US playing world police, while they sit back and do nothing. If it bothers them so much, why not assemble their own army and take a load off the US? Its like they are too lazy to care. It would at least be a measure of respect if Europe put together their own army and told the US to back off. Instead, its just more whining.
    well it did surpass europe at the end of the WWII theater but that's 70 years ago (how long have you guys been independant?) also the fact that the US is a unified nation contrary to the fragmented nature of europe (the EU was started After WWII) and you had a fresh new continent to rape and pillage makes it a whole lot easier (ever had that rerolling on a fresh server feeling? aaaaaaah) to start something anew instead of having to contend with the powers that be.

Apparently the fact that the US plays world police makes it the greatest country in the world, just the bully who can ask anyone's lunchmoney out of fear. you never had war on a scale of europe, you never had the tales from your grandparents when they took people out of their houses and shot them or beat them to death. Europe doesn't want war nor does it need it. Warmongering is not something to be proud of, it's not a goddamn quality. Europe should help you police the world out of respect? hah, what a load of bollocks.

btw you do know that we have armies right? it wasn't only you who defeated Hitler in WWII, they were called the allies for a reason, they also helped you invade Iraq, just saying.

Imo this just goes to show how little you even know of europe or history. Also you're one of the richest country with the poorest, unhealthiest and least educated citizens. You allready have third world problems in a first world country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    So seeing that I live in america and I don't really know to many Europeans in America. So I thought I would ask the forum because their are quite allot of europians on the forum.

Question one- Do you think we are weird for driving on the right side of the road and the wheel on the left.

Question two- What do you guys think Euro trash means. Like what do you think their stereotypes are?

Question three- What do you think would happen if ( use your country ) if a European country git ti the Americas and took over the land. for their control.

I am just really boread and thought I would ask the EU champs.
    1. No i do not, because in mainland Europe we also drive on the right side of the road with the wheel on the left.
    2. Euro trash, can't say i heard that expression before so no comment.
    3. Sweden is not capable to launch an invasion, heck its not even able to defend itself for more then 1 week tops against a larger attack. I find that scenario to be highly unlikely to happen with any other european country either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    So seeing that I live in america and I don't really know to many Europeans in America. So I thought I would ask the forum because their are quite allot of europians on the forum.

I am just really boread and thought I would ask the EU champs.
    1: I think it's wierd that North Americans are so uneducated, that they think that, just because FOUR countries (Great Britain, Malta, Cyprus and Ireland) drive on the left side, that all 800 million people of Europe does the same.

2: No idea, what you percieve as Euro Trash, but I sure, it's supperior to all you Hillbillies..

3: What???
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-08-24 at 02:39 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

15+ Year Old Account
    Eurotrash refers to the negative stereotype that Europeans are not achievement-oriented, and Europeans worry only about mindless fun while their culture, society, and standard of living decay. The stereotype that Europe will eventually lose its status as a first world society, and degrade into more a third world status and basically no-one cares anymore over there. Its like there was a better breed of European men and women a few hundred years ago that focused more on achievement, and that is now lost.

I think this negative stereotype stems from the fact that the United States used to be some backwater colony out in the wilderness, and it only took about 100 years for that colony to completely surpass all of Europe and usurp it as the world's power. It makes it seem like Europe is full of losers, hence, Eurotrash.

nice, insulting 700+ million people at once, i take my hat off to you sir
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Things like that though, the US is practically a continent run as a country though.
    So you admit, being inferiour to Canada, then?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    amazed at how many people from the british isles consider themselves european!

i mean, i don't even like the term british. call me british and i'll shudder.. call me european and i'll just ignore you. that said, i don't much care for being english, either, so.. *shrug*
    We are European, and we are British, and we are English.

You not liking the terms is irrelevant.

This is quite interesting if some in US really think this way. Well, obviously Europe is not a single entity... So it´s hard to speak about culture and the standart of living on a unified scale. But this is bizarre since Western Europe has such a high quality of life with cheap/free healthcare, education and lower corruption. East seems to be improving, but i don´t know facts about most of those countries. As for the world power thingy, well... Germany, France and England are not the biggest boys anymore, but neither do they seem to value anything else but economic stability when it comes to foreign relationships(Aside from the retardet military operations that they seem to jump on with US). The rest of Europe has not been important for a long time, and they don´t really care aside from keeping the status quo.

About the wars, well, most of us don´t have anything to do with them in the first place. Half of the problems you are seeing today with radical Islam and general cultural degrodation in the middle east has to do with US and USSR being retards during the cold war. Theres also the thing where US likes to resolve theese issues by bombing the shit out of something, installing puppet regimes and financing terrorists to cause instability while selling national resources to corporations for pennies, then everyone acts suprised when people get mad after 20-50 years of shit. Not that im excusing Germany's, Englands or Frances actions on some of theese same things with collaboration, but the scale is different.
    Last edited by Arlon; 2013-08-24 at 03:07 PM.

Deleted
    I think someone missed the memo where the CIA acknowledges that the EU creating some form of coordinated military command, and taking care for the responsibility of our own defense, both go against the geostrategic interests of the US, hence they try to hinder it as they see fit.
    No, not making it up.

10+ Year Old Account

1. Huh. What? Europeans drive on the right side of the road as well, with the driving wheel on the left. Except for Englishmen.

2. Scumbags. Chavs. You name it.

3. I cannot understand what you're saying.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
    This is quite interesting if some in US really think this way. Well, obviously Europe is not a single entity... So it´s hard to speak about culture and the standart of living on a unified scale. But this is bizarre since Western Europe has such a high quality of life with cheap/free healthcare, education and lower corruption. East seems to be improving, but i don´t know facts about most of those countries. As for the world power thingy, well... Germany, France and England are not the biggest boys anymore, but neither do they seem to value anything else but economic stability when it comes to foreign relationships(Aside from the retardet military operations that they seem to jump on with US). The rest of Europe has not been important for a long time, and they don´t really care aside from keeping the status quo.
    Europe is still very much important, it's one of the largest(and wealthiest) markets in the world. With some of the largest and most influential companies in the world, around 31% of the companies on fortune 500 for example. I realize people like to dismiss soft power and the importance of commerce but thats just retarded. Innovation, technology and science are also still fields were Europe is at the forefront.

As the economy becomes increasingly more globalized it's up to Europe to remain significant and keep on producing quality goods and services. I don't really give a shit about military excursions though, what is important is that we remain competitive innovators.

But think about this... as long as you can buy a new Q(product), X workers in Y country got a job.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-08-24 at 03:21 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Europe is still very much important, it's one of the largest(and wealthiest) markets in the world. With some of the largest and most influential companies in the world, around 31% of the companies on fortune 500 for example. I realize people like to dismiss soft power and the importance of commerce but thats just retarded. Innovation, technology and science are also still fields were Eueope is at the forefront.

As the economy becomes increasingly more globalized it's up to Europe to remain significant and keep on producing quality goods. I don't really give a shit about military excursions though, what is important is that we remain competitive innovators.

But think about this... as long as you can buy a new Q(product), X workers in Y country got a job.
    Well, yes, i was only talking about military influence. Since that´s usually the thing that constitutes as a "world power" on this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    That would be because our politicians are afraid to step into the domain of international politics the way the US has and that's only because they think they need support from other European countries. And that's true, they do need that support because individual European armies can't do jack shit. That's where the fact that Europe isn't united steps in. There's no common foreign policy and no European country will participate in large foreign policy issues like, say, the (successful) liberation of Libya unless there's unanimous support (both political and logistical) in the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
    Well, yes, i was only talking about military influence. Since that´s usually the thing that constitutes as a "world power" on this forum.
    Militaristic world powers are an outdated concept. In the modern world, you can be a random relatively non-significant country, an economic power (like Germany) or a country that polices other countries (like the US and sometimes European countries, mostly France).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    amazed at how many people from the british isles consider themselves european!

i mean, i don't even like the term british. call me british and i'll shudder.. call me european and i'll just ignore you. that said, i don't much care for being english, either, so.. *shrug*
    what on earth do you identify as then?

whether you like it or not, the UK is part of Europe. you not liking them doesn't make them not real.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    1. Doesn't matter.
    2. Eurotrash was a really dodgy softcore porn programme back in the day here in the UK.
    3. If you mean what would I do or feel if my or another European country assumed control of the US, well, it's not something I'd really want. The US is pretty fucked up, almost beyond repair, or at least requiring generations upon generations of phasing things out.
    The U.S. is shit, I can admit that. The UK is even worse than shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record........
    We are no more EUROPEANS, than people from US are North Americanians (is that even a word?)....

I'm Danish first, second and third.. Then MAYBE you can call me Scandinavian fourth, but only if you are a fellow Scandinavian..
    Fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth and nineth I'm Danish..

On a very distant 10th place, I can accept being called European..

For North Americanian Hillbillies to think Europe is one generic pulp of people, is a pretty big insult. We are seperate countries, with seperate cultures, seperate curriencies (yes, I know a small partof Europe have adopted the failed Euro-curency, but it will be phased out again some day) and seperate flags..

Don't insult people, who are stronger, more beautiful and more intelligent than you, as you will loose..

Infracted: Please don't be insulting towards other posters and entire countries.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-08-24 at 04:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    The U.S. is shit, I can admit that. The UK is even worse than shit.
    Cool story, bro.

I'd rather take this 'worse than shit' than live somewhere like the US. It's almost third world in certain aspects.