Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Species View Post
    He suspended the article of their constitution that allowed them to protest. The suspension, so far, only takes place around the Olympics. To be honest the way the country is handling things I could see them completely removing the Article.

The American equivalent would be "Obama repels the first amendment."
    The federal government ignores huge swaths of the Constitution on an almost daily basis, never more in our history than now, so if the US protests Putin's move, it would probably have to be on the substantive issue (gay rights) and not in defense of the rule of law, because Putin will throw that right back in our face.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    yes it is.. i feel like tapping a girl, i do.. a guy, i do.. none, i do. your argument is still stupid.
    I just registered to tell you, you are the dumbest person I've ever seen in a forum. Congratz!

I just prayed god to take your genes out of the genetic pool. As much as I dispise violence, if something happened to you I would consider it an humanitarian action.

Deleted
    Considering that Krasnodar Kai is one of the regions that have enacted a ban on propaganda of LGBT, and article 29 says that "Propaganda or agitation instigating social, racial, national or religious hatred and strife shall not be allowed", I would say that the executive order is consistent with the spirit of Russian law. It sucks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylphen View Post
    Considering that Krasnodar Kai is one of the regions that have enacted a ban on propaganda of LGBT, and article 29 says that "Propaganda or agitation instigating social, racial, national or religious hatred and strife shall not be allowed", I would say that the executive order is consistent with the spirit of Russian law. It sucks, though.
    I don't see how bringing up the topic counts as hatred. Or asking for equality under the law for that matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Putin is really trying to bring back the USSR
    Except that Russia was a lot freer, more liberal (and more democratic, although being more democratic than Putin is not a significant achievement) and more economically sound back in the times of Gorby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhert View Post
    I just registered to tell you, you are the dumbest person I've ever seen in a forum. Congratz!

I just prayed god to take your genes out of the genetic pool. As much as I dispise violence, if something happened to you I would consider it an humanitarian action.
    Wow, you really felt the need to make a sockpuppet account just to say that? It's so meaningless it's not even offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    He's banning protests during the Olympics? What's the big deal? People want to pout and furrow their brows in anger when they get cameras on them and the Olympics is a big stage for those scumbos to push their agenda. That means all protesters, the ones that like to stamp around and cry and scream oppression this and dictatorship that. They want to make a big scene at the Olympics and Putin, once again, shows commendable leadership and authority by banning it. I wish my nation's own leaders had that kind of nerve to stand up to the tyranny of the weak.
    Spot on.

I find it hilarious, it's the same people every time posting in these threads related to Russia, gay rights or protests. It's honestly just turned in to group of "let's hate on everything Russia does" group here on MMO-champ. The Olympics purpose is not there for people/groups to get coverage on there agenda, it's essentially banning people attempting to divert attention away from the Olympics, for there own sake.

I think Putin made a good decision in doing this, but I await for the same select few who are no doubt bias to disagree.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2013-08-24 at 12:54 PM.

yes it is.. i feel like tapping a girl, i do.. a guy, i do.. none, i do. your argument is still stupid.
    You really have no clue. Please inform me of the time of your life when you made a conscious decision on your sexuality. That's right, you can't. No one can. The closest anyone can get is someone who is bi/pansexual deciding what sex interests them at the time.

Spot on.

I find it hilarious, it's the same people every time posting in these threads related to Russia, gay rights or protests. It's honestly just turned in to group of "let's hate on everything Russia does" group here on MMO-champ. The Olympics purpose is not there for people/groups to get coverage on there agenda, t's essentially banning people attempting to divert attention away from the Olympics, for there own sake.

I think Putin made a good decision in doing this, but I await for the same select few who are no doubt bias to disagree.
    This is a protest about every single minority that suffers abuse daily at the hands of its citizens and its agencies. It is not just about gay people. It is about the disabled, different races, heck, even religions that suffer abuse. And it's just a step away from being state sanctioned because of archaic laws like the anti 'propoganda' rule. The entire country needs to be educated, otherwise it will continue to persecute its own and get weaker for it.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2013-08-24 at 01:01 PM.
    RETH

Incidentally, if he has banned all protests at the Olympics, regardless of the subject matter, he would probably be on pretty sound legal ground under the US Constitution (1st Amendment jurisprudence tolerates content-neutral restrictions on the time, place, and manner of speech if they can survive intermediate scrutiny and leave open other channels of communication), which would make it all the more preposterous for the US to try to take a swipe at him over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I don't see how bringing up the topic counts as hatred. Or asking for equality under the law for that matter.
    If you don't see how LGBT issues are a controversial topic that stirs up social conflict in Russia, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not defending the tyranny of the majority, or Russia's deplorable stance on LGBT rights — all I'm saying is that Putin's decision is coherent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the best way to get back at this will be to pull a Jessie Owens, rather than protesting.

Isn't the ban of "homosexual propaganda" itself, independend of the olympic games a violation of the russian constituation, especially Article 29:

Article 29

1. Everyone shall be guaranteed the freedom of ideas and speech.

2. Propaganda or agitation instigating social, racial, national or religious hatred and strife shall not be allowed. The propaganda of social, racial, national, religious or linguistic supremacy shall be banned.

3. No one may be forced to express his views and convictions or to reject them.

4. Everyone shall have the right to freely look for, receive, transmit, produce and distribute information by any legal means. The list of data comprising state secrets shall be determined by a federal law.

5. The freedom of mass communication shall be guaranteed. Censorship shall be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I think the best way to get back at this will be to pull a Jessie Owens, rather than protesting.
    Who is it you foresee being in a position to do that? I haven't really seen any event predictions broken down by whether the athletes are openly LGBT, and only one standing at the top of the podium with the Star-Spangled Banner playing while Putin is in attendence would be "pulling a Jesse Owens".

Hello fellas Im from Russia, living near Sochi. It's cool place, but, but in our country almost no democracy aswell as in USA havent. Yes, maybe in USA a little more democracy. Now about homosexual ppl:
    Here in Russia you can be homosexual, U can kissing with another male/female on the street and etc.. But you cant advertise gays, or homosexual living on TV, Radio, Parks etc.. That's all U can be even have a badge with Gay flag, It's not a crime, but crime is telling on radio, tv, to childrens what it's cool.

I'm married and dont give a f*** about gays and theirs rights.. But many of you (from foreign countrys) didnt read this law, and u thinking what putin burning gays on the bonfires every sunday .

So if u wanna hate putin. Hate him for new Internet censorship law. As so do I.

Sorry for my BAD BAD english. Im trying.

I thought that Putin's government had banned homosexual PDA. Hard to separate fact from fiction though on politically divisive topics, especially in countries other than one's own.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    For the sake of experiment convince yourself that you like buttsex with men. It's ok there's no danger here, you can always change back at any time if sexuality is a choise like you say, right? Right?
    sure, if i like it, why not..... and then i dont like it....or want to try something else.

one of my exs got off sticking vibrators up my butt (cant really describe the rest here) and i had no problem with it.. heck, i would prob have a threesome with a girl and a guy while the guy is behind me.... certainly doesnt make me "like" girls less and if it feels better then yay.

i am perhaps missing the point of your experiment.. as it happens, before, i liked women, now i like 2d girls... yet i can totally say that irl guy is cute/hot/has a nice body/face/whatever without being ashamed or freaking out about what others might think about my sexual preference or w.e....

Quote Originally Posted by icyfresh View Post
    Hello fellas Im from Russia, living near Sochi. It's cool place, but, but in our country almost no democracy aswell as in USA havent. Yes, maybe in USA a little more democracy. Now about homosexual ppl:
    Here in Russia you can be homosexual, U can kissing with another male/female on the street and etc.. But you cant advertise gays, or homosexual living on TV, Radio, Parks etc.. That's all U can be even have a badge with Gay flag, It's not a crime, but crime is telling on radio, tv, to childrens what it's cool.

I'm married and dont give a f*** about gays and theirs rights.. But many of you (from foreign countrys) didnt read this law, and u thinking what putin burning gays on the bonfires every sunday .

So if u wanna hate putin. Hate him for new Internet censorship law. As so do I.

Sorry for my BAD BAD english. Im trying.
    If what you say is true, then I'm starting to believe this uproar is nothing but... blatant crying from none sense...lol.

i am perhaps missing the point of your experiment
    You sure are.

it's true and it's funny. From russian side we can't understand why you protest against not letting childs to watch adv. of homosexualism. So we thinking about what you teaching your childrens 4-16 years to buttf**k and this kinda absurd, you know ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    Except that Russia was a lot freer, more liberal (and more democratic, although being more democratic than Putin is not a significant achievement) and more economically sound back in the times of Gorby.
    At least the Russian economy isn't as horrible as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    People are continuously surprised by Russia's actions. Why should we expect any better? Putin is an elected dictator and Russia hasn't improved much since the end of the USSR.
    Please stop comparing golden age of USSR with this shitardery called "democracy", aka "you can pass any insane law as long as you get enough votes in a country where you have lots of people, so you can always find some obscure demographic to rally and outvote anybody else". Why, aren't you westeren guys pushed it through all the cold war? So, happy now?