Deleted

arena tips for my healer plz

Hey, well myself and a m8 are doing arena again, to be 100% honest we are BG Heros lol, we do 2s for our cap, not for rating, but he decided to play his priest and I was helping him get his full catchup conquest cap, by the time he got it we ended up at the the 1886, I ended up on 1971 , but dropped down to 1931, was so close to the 2k achievement then we started hitting 2.2k teams,

one in particular, a holy priest/unholy dk, the dk wasn't great but the priest was amazing, he won the games, dominating my priest, mine said he hadn't a chance vs that healer, just outplayed,

is there any tips you could give to push to 2k and up,

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kheart/pvp#2v2

I'm playing BM Hunter, on the list he is fearlessone

Thanks

No one can really give you tips unless there is a video or ect of him playing.

On a side note.. I would've deleted that team a long time ago.. Such a bad win ratio lol.

Deleted
    lol I know the win/loss is poo, it was a team for alts just just gets caps each week, but now as its near 2k, just want to hit that before season ends

The fact your priest got flat out outplayed by another priest could a good thing.
    He will need to emulate what the enemy priest did. Will take practice.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    No one can really give you tips unless there is a video or ect of him playing.

On a side note.. I would've deleted that team a long time ago.. Such a bad win ratio lol.
    Why even say something like that? 1500, or technically 1700 with inflation, is considered average. They're playing, learning and improving. "Better make a new team every day until we go 30-0 and people will think we're better than we are", is the reason the community is filled with so many egotistical players.

On a side note, 79% as a ret paladin isn't much better. hehehe

holy seems to be really strong these days. you should give it a try. many teams you have to outplay so focus on getting a good cc rotation going (even if you have to call out everything on skype, it will get better as you play together more trust me). unholy dks are a pain so make them play defensive. take note what cooldowns they use (ie if the dk doesn't have lichborne up you could fear/silence shot on priest)

Hmm, the healer is plenty geared so that should not be an issue. The thing that makes BM/Priest and Feral/Priest so devastating is the amount of CC they put out. BM can't necessarily land kills on their own so they need the CC chain. The reason UhDK/Priest can ride to the top is because they have enough CC breaks and do so much raw damage that they are a sort of countercomp to feral/BM teams.

I would say that the thing you need to work on is probably more about positioning and CC chains than anything else. Would be interesting to see why the priest thought he was getting outplayed, because priests have so many tools to CC the hell out of people. Spectral guise->feathers->fear bomb is nice, mind control is very good, psyfiend placement can win games if he chooses that over MC.

Are you having problems landing traps because of teammates eating them? If so I would communicate with your priest that you need to cross CC when you can trap. Right now you can stop DK/Priest teams from eating traps by simply disengage rooting the DK when it is time to trap, but in a couple of weeks that won't work anymore. I would wait until the priest can land a fear on DPS and then you can scatter->trap the healer freely. Then you can start to follow that up with your CC chain.

Against DK teams you can also stop a lot of their control and damage by killing the pet. At your rating you should be able to burst down a pet easily enough, and simply turtle/line the gargoyle while it is out. Your priest can also dispel diseases with normal dispel and use mass dispel to get off CC if needed (although you should not be caught in very much CC). He would be better running holy as well as you gain extra CC and you won't need shells to handle rush down at the start. He can still assist on damage as holy as well.

Deleted
    thanks for the tips,

my healer is geared now but this is the first time he's ever been geared lol, he would level the priest as shadow and never touched healing until now, he only dinged 90 2 weeks ago or so, so its inexperience basically, thats why I was asking for any little tips the priest class can do, and some of you have replied and helped

landing traps is ok iv been doing the disengage wep in to trap, and scatter trap never works, priest will walk over trap for 3 secs and dk will eat it lol, we are losing cause they just grinding us down, then cc and i'm dead, dunno what's up with my healer now he was playing better with leveling gear on lol. we hit 1800 with him still having some green leveling items. now hes geared we dropped again, hes playing poo and i raged a bit and he doesn't want to do any now lol.. I was sooooo close to 2k, only needed 29 points. now im down to 1858 ... for fuck sake
    Last edited by mmoc50cda6f559; 2013-08-26 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    BM can't necessarily land kills on their own so they need the CC chain. The reason UhDK/Priest can ride to the top is because they have enough CC breaks and do so much raw damage that they are a sort of countercomp to feral/BM teams.
    BM Hunters can't necessarily land kills on their own ? Wrong they can.
    UhDK/Priest counters feral/BM teams? NO LOL, Ferals and BM rape DKs like there were no tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by donzo View Post
    BM Hunters can't necessarily land kills on their own ? Wrong they can.
    UhDK/Priest counters feral/BM teams? NO LOL, Ferals and BM rape DKs like there were no tomorrow.
    Feral and UH/healer combos are better than BM/Disc.