Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is just outrageous.

Welp, fucking called it.

The need half an year at least to make 1 race. What about 10? They aren't just going to reskin them, they are remodeling them, it's like creating an entire new race.

Let's just hope they are fucking with us, but I doubt it. Atleast they say they might not wait to release them all the same time.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Yet on the timeless isle all mobs are either re-skins or re-uses, so where NPCs in the 5.3 questline. And 6 out of 14 raid bosses in SoO are either re-skins or re-used models.
    ... Seriously? I mean seriously?! They aren't re-skins and re-used models to save time, they are re-used models because that's what they are supposed to be, don't try to make such a moronic strawman...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I get the sense that they are saying they will be partially complete for next expansion. Maybe they had intended to be done by next expansion but realize that's not happening and so will release some with 6.0 and others through patches.

Do we know when they really started putting in an effort to construct new models for the player model redesign? For all we know it may have been half way through MoP or even more recently.

Unless we know when they started we can't really approximate when they'll be done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Logic is beyond the reach of a lot of people here, especially when they have no idea the ammount of work that goes into this, its pretty hilarious.
    A LOT of work goes into the modelling,that's true,but please don't tell me that more then 30% of work isn't achievable in 3 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Blizzard still only has 25% of the update of the old races done, maybe for the next expansion there are not new races ... only the updated models...

What would be a pity... since updating the old races is not a new feature, is only an upgrade that should not be a decent selling point of a new expansion.

Or maybe they are giving higher priority to create a new playable race for the next expansion (the Naga for example) than to update the older models, which would be something in the longer term...

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Logic is beyond the reach of a lot of people here, especially when they have no idea the ammount of work that goes into this, its pretty hilarious.
    Exactly .

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Well you guys are forgetting this isn't just 12 new models, its actually 24 new models. Male and Female versions.

So if we are talking about 25% being done there are 6 models completed.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Please no!
    What? You don't like more wolf-like appearances, just plain BETTER customization options (not to mention more of them), cool glowing eyes, and a face that doesn't look like a chihuahua wearing make-up?
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2013-08-24 at 06:03 PM.

This makes me feel sad... I actually wanted to give WoW a try again...

they better announce something amazing and NEW for the next xpac.
    No, not new dailies and raids, new FEATURES for the game.

I was hoping so much for these models...

Underpromise and overdeliver.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

Edited the rest of the interview into the OP after comment by UnifiedDivide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Seriously? I mean seriously?! They aren't re-skins and re-used models to save time, they are re-used models because that's what they are supposed to be, don't try to make such a moronic strawman...
    Come on, Venziir, we know that Blizzard is lazy, we should be fighting Mice-People from the Azeroth's Second Moon mounted on six-legged bears in Orgrimmar!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I made the statement to tell the guy, who thought the timeless isle was an accomplishment on the level of new models, that it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No, because that excuse they made for it doesn't at all justify it (for me) so it doesn't make my rage, from my viewpoint, any less or more appropriate.
    No, it's very inappropriate. A lot of people assumed we were getting them next expansion(Me included). I mean maybe if they said "WE'RE DOING X RACE ONLY UPDATED MODEL" Yeah it would be sad but honestly there were a lot of Vanilla Races

Humans,Dwarves,Gnomes,Night Elves, Orcs,Trolls,Tauren,Forsaken(Undead) Heck I believe even the BC races will get these updates as well. They have to fit all the gear pieces on them in the new models. New animations for all the races like spell casting animation melee animation, Twohanded, one handed shield bash animation/shield block. Monk animations for a kick and punch and so on. It's a lot of work if you put your mind tot it.

I wager they are working on it as a side project so they don't fuck up their own expansion super horribly and we all bitch that there's crap content in the next expansion. It sucks that we have to wait but this isn't an ideal world.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    As Blizzard still only has 25% of the update of the old races done, maybe for the next expansion there are not new races ... only the updated models...

What would be a pity... since updating the old races is not a new feature, is only an upgrade that should not be a decent selling point of a new expansion.

Or maybe they are giving higher priority to create a new playable race for the next expansion (the Naga for example) than to update the older models, which would be something in the longer term...
    And now a wild strawman argument appears...

They only talked about the side project of the old models rework. Who said anything new races?

Deleted
    As long as Orcs and Undead are in the initial cycle im happy :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    This makes me feel sad... I actually wanted to give WoW a try again...

they better announce something amazing and NEW for the next xpac.
    No, not new dailies and raids, new FEATURES for the game.

I was hoping so much for these models...
    How is a new model a new feature? MoP *did* bring a new feature to the game, like it or not, it's called Pet Battles, not to mention that MoP actually had the Tillers Farm, which is probably about as close as we'll ever come to player housing in WoW - again something completely new.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggid View Post
    Well you guys are forgetting this isn't just 12 new models, its actually 24 new models. Male and Female versions.

So if we are talking about 25% being done there are 6 models completed.
    I'm more thinking that they meant 25% of the races (Classic and TBC). So they are basically done with the Dwarves and the Orcs and they just started on another race.

Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    A LOT of work goes into the modelling,that's true,but please don't tell me that more then 30% of work isn't achievable in 3 years.
    If we count both male and female models they have 24 models to work on and if it takes the 4-6 months to create newer races then 25% would be 5 models done.

It is understandable how long it would take and it is understandable why people are upset, even if it is still stupid, but I would rather them take their time and make these just as awesome as the Pandaren models.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866