Poll: Who stood out in this issue

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Reasons I dislike One Piece:

- I don't like the art style. At all. A big part of a manga or anime to me is the art, and this one's just too... Childish and random and bluh...

- I don't like the story concept. I'm not even going to get into all of it. I just don't.

- I don't like the characters. They annoy me.

- I don't like the voices in the anime. They annoy me.

- I don't like how it feels like a kids show/book.

You made a valiant attempt, but I still find nothing but disdain for it ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Deleted
    I hate Onepiece.

The characters look... retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched 2 episodes of it, detested. Im not american though. But the theme is lame, the characters arent fun or interesting and the plot is, if any word can describe it, "terribad".
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

@Sarac.

Not flaming, I just really lament how people cannot see One Piece is a good series after seeing the 4kids dub.

Deleted
    No way in the world One piece is for kids. I'm 21 years old and still read / watch the manga/ anime. Give it the japanese dub a shot, and then you'll see that it's not for 'kids'.

@kratoes.

Do you think Bleach is still enjoyable >.<
    Bleach had so much potent, but now i really do not see where the series is heading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Watched 2 episodes of it, detested. Im not american though. But the theme is lame, the characters arent fun or interesting and the plot is, if any word can describe it, "terribad".
    I also started that way. I was a naruto only fan and had this friend bugging me to start watchin One Piece. I started and wasnt that excited at first, but continued and got used to it.

Unlike naruto (which is at a more serious stage now), One Piece always manages to have some humour, even at the serious parts.

Yea I am going to have to say the "very dark, deep, tender, and emotional moments" as you described them are not why I dislike the show. I am just not a fan of the characters. And that shouldn't be a big deal so I don't like a show about a kid that is very stretchy and wants to be king of pirates. Also you are aware that most people will watch anime online even if you watch american dubs like I do there are uncensored versions. 4kids is a channel for kids in elementary school. And Funimation usually releases things uncensored but only airs censored versions for tv.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kratoes View Post
    No way in the world One piece is for kids. I'm 21 years old and still read / watch the manga/ anime. Give it the japanese dub a shot, and then you'll see that it's not for 'kids'.
    I would think it is for kids mostly, and don't forget I typed "MOSTLY". It's not becuase you are grown up you can't enjoy a kid show.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    @Sarac.

Not flaming, I just really lament how people cannot see One Piece is a good series after seeing the 4kids dub.
    It's called personal taste, some enjoy watching animes who work slow and with a lot of random talk. I enjoy animes where the plot moves/changes, where fights only last max 2 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    Reasons I dislike One Piece:
    - I don't like the art style. At all. A big part of a manga or anime to me is the art, and this one's just too... Childish and random and bluh...
    - I don't like the story concept. I'm not even going to get into all of it. I just don't.
    - I don't like the characters. They annoy me.
    - I don't like the voices in the anime. They annoy me.
    yup... pretty much nailed it.

Not all animes for kids. There are plenty of genres within on the anime theme.
    Also, One Piece is a shounen anime/manga which is actually for teenagers, not for kids.

Deleted
    I should be a massive One Piece fan but I just can't bear getting into an anime with that many episodes.

The problem with massive animes like Dragonball Z, Inuyasha, D. Gray-Man, Naruto, Bleach, Reborn! and etc. is simply that the makers feel obliged to drag out the plots to infinity. This is obtained through shitty filler arcs or turning one manga chapter into 10 episodes.

Now I've never watched One Piece but when all the other animes of it's type left you disappointed due to pacing issues you feel reluctant to get dive in. Especially when you have 400+ episodes to get through...

Fairy Tail though, now there's an anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've watched every single episode of One Piece up to the most current release, in Japanese of course. The dub did indeed completely ruined the show, but isn't that the case with most dubs?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This happens to a lot of good animes when they come over to the US, personally I have only seen a few episodes and I felt it was much like Naruto (A show plagued by the same problem in the US from what I understand) and too kiddy for my taste. Tbh if it had more adult situations in it I still don't know if I would like it, only because I find it hard to watch that sort of thing when the main character is portrayed in my mind as a child. I also REALLY REALLY hate long show animes, usually 50 episodes is great imo 100 is pushing it.

Its been a while since I saw an Anime I really liked, I watched Guran Legan a few months ago and though it was great. I need to see the Trigun movie....

Deleted
    No, it's still pretty bad, censored or not

Honestly I love the One Piece manga, and I don't feel like any version of the anime does it justice. Though what 4kids did with it is pretty made it completely unwatchable.

If I watch an anime.. i choose for the Japanese ones. 4kids/funimation with their dubs and cutting makes it beyond bad.

Clear example is Dragonball GT with the funimation cutting... a lot of ppl hates it. If they watch the original they would think otherwise.

@Soahar.

Japanese dub is still enjoyable to watch, due to the extremely high quality voice actors for some of the characters (Blackbeard being voiced by Akio Otsuka). But the animation compared to something like Naruto, can be flinchingly poor.

Also the anime suffers some minor censorship even in japanese (Akainu nearly splitting Whitebeards head off is toned down).

American Dragonball Z, FMA, and Cowboy Bebop were better.
    I accidentally my signature