Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    People often think i'm British until i open my mouth XD My Galician accent is very noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I have this Chinese female friend who grew up here (not china) and she went to china for a few months.
    Yes, quickly and easily. I've dated Asian-American women and women from Asia, and it's generally pretty easy to tell if someone's American or not before they ever speak. I can't really pinpoint how exactly, just little accents in terms of appearance and mannerisms. It's amazing all the very small cultural things that you'd never think about, but show immediately. I'm sure I can immediately be identified as American when traveling abroad even though I'm almost entirely ethnically German and look the part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You not liking that English girl wouldn't have anything to do with her birth certificate at all, would it? She seems pretty enough to me, and after allowing for your choice in photographs, she's on a par with 1 and better than 2.
    /off-topic

Not really, no. There are plenty of great British models (e.g. Lily Donaldson). But this unprofessional milksop is definitely not one of them:

A real looker, huh?

And "better" than Freja Beha Erichsen? What is this, I don't even. Google some pictures of both. You either have no taste, or cataracts in both eyes. Go get the number of an ophthalmologist, pronto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylphen View Post
    /off-topic

Not really, no. There are plenty of great British models (e.g. Lily Donaldson). But this unprofessional milksop is definitely not one of them:

A real looker, huh?

And "better" than Freja Beha Erichsen? What is this, I don't even. Google some pictures of both. You either have no taste, or cataracts in both eyes. Go get the number of an ophthalmologist, pronto.
    I don't really like my women to look like Mick Jagger c.1968.

Stop picking photos where she is pulling a face. Here's a more natural one of her...

10+ Year Old Account
    It might have been possible 1000 years ago, but it's virtually impossible now. This is especially true for the Americas and Oceania.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Stop picking photos where she is pulling a face. Here's a more natural one of her...
    I do not find her particularly attractive. I don't mean to be internet "I bang models" guy, and I'm not saying she's ugly or anything, but I don't find her appealing, particularly compared to other models (Emily Ratajkowski would be a good example).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I do not find her particularly attractive. I don't mean to be internet "I bang models" guy, and I'm not saying she's ugly or anything, but I don't find her appealing, particularly compared to other models (Emily Ratajkowski would be a good example).
    Do you find most models to be attractive? I personally don't. Well, they're not ugly, but they seem bland. I see hotter women every day than the generic fashion model.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I've never heard of any of these women, my browser history is going to look like I have an obsession with models now.

Deleted
    Baltic and Slavic people - yes. Others - nope.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Do you find most models to be attractive? I personally don't. Well, they're not ugly, but they seem bland. I see hotter women every day than the generic fashion model.
    I'm not a fan of tall women in general, so models aren't usually my deal, but I think they're attractive.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never heard of any of these women, my browser history is going to look like I have an obsession with models now.
    I only knew the one I mentioned from her being in the Blurred Lines music video. Make of that what you will!

Deleted
    Stop picking photos where she is pulling a face.
    Idem. And anyway, she's still shit on the catwalk. She's only popular for the cohort of 17yo fangirls that follow her around. She's like the Justin Bieber of fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might sound horribly racist, but I find it hard to distinguish between a South African accent and a New Zealand accent.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Idem. And anyway, she's still shit on the catwalk. She's only popular for the cohort of 17yo fangirls that follow her around. She's like the Justin Bieber of fashion.

Woah...

That gif... this cattiness - i like it.

/popcorn.

I think there's a difference between being able to tell "Not one of us," and being able to specify what nationality someone is. A foreign born or raised XX, particularly when raised in a culture significantly different from the local, is probably going to stand out to the locals. The way women in particular behave (physical mannerisms, how loudly they may speak, whether they'll haggle over prices, how polite they may be) is probably rather different between a local Chinese and a foreign raised Chinese.

It's not how their faces are put together, or their body types. Cues are cultural rather than physical. At least, that's what OP's friend experienced. The question posed by OP seems ... partially "wrong," compared to the experience the friend had. That said, I can't tell one nationality from another visually. I can hear differences in languages, and specify certain kinds of languages from others, though. Apparently a lot of people haven't heard enough languages to manage even that. (totally off topic, but hearing a young-ish father speaking the occasional Russian, some bad Spanish [only because I'm much more familiar with Spanish pronunciation], and what may have been Hebrew to his American English accented kids is a very strange experience, when rounded out by French speaking neighbors to the other side)
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account

How can you be shit on a catwalk? Walk up and down, don't fall over...not exactly rocket science.

Meh, Maggie Smith. I have no interest in the words of any Dame other than Diana Rigg - now she was a goddess in her day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    gif... this cattiness - i like it.
    Thanks. I aim to please.
    How can you be shit on a catwalk? Walk up and down, don't fall over...not exactly rocket science.
    *Laughs hysterically* That's actually funnier than your usual cheap jokes.

She makes me gag. She walks as if she had a porcupine nesting in her cooch.
    Meh, Maggie Smith.
    You're dead to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Laughs hysterically* That's actually funnier than your usual cheap jokes.

She makes me gag. She walks as if she had a porcupine nesting in her cooch.
    That's just a gif of somebody walking, then putting her hands on her hips. I see nothing odd in that.

You're dead to me.
    If you think Maggie Smith is even vaguely comaparable to the living legend that is Diana Rigg, then your opinion is not worthy of my consideration.

What do you mean my 'usual cheap jokes'?

Deleted
    Yeah, no. You might be able to distinguish the major archetypes. But telling the nationality of a random stranger just by looks?
    I'm pretty sure he just meant major archetype. Of course there are exceptions.

For example, in my country it's easy to identify someone from Poland as they all have square heads. But I don't think everyone in Poland looks like that.
    Some features are just more common in certain people, so it's not weird to guess someone's nationality. You might be wrong in a couple of cases, but you're probably right in a lot more.

Deleted
    Certaintly can, I honestly can't believe people can't, Take Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese they really don't look like eachother.
    when people are mixed it is a bit harder.

Though i wonder if your "story" really happend, as the majority of threads are mostly about race/ethnicity imo you just wanted to start another thread. I could be wrong ofcourse:P
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2013-08-25 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    That's just a gif of somebody walking, then putting her hands on her hips. I see nothing odd in that.
    I'd link the Dsquared show that gif is taken from, but I fear you still wouldn't get it. *Pats Kalis's head* It's ok.
    What do you mean my 'usual cheap jokes'?
    Well, you know, that tepid brand of British humour, that consists mainly in silly puns and plays on words, that you seem to favour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he just meant major archetype. Of course there are exceptions.

For example, in my country it's easy to identify someone from Poland as they all have square heads. But I don't think everyone in Poland looks like that.
    Some features are just more common in certain people, so it's not weird to guess someone's nationality. You might be wrong in a couple of cases, but you're probably right in a lot more.
    I would say that's only true for populations that are ethnically homogenous. But Western Europe has mingled way too much to say that every nationality has the same (or very similar) physical traits. While there might be more blondes is Sweden than Italy, you will also be able to find clear differences between the girls in northern Italy and those in Sicily (for instance). My point basically is that there's not just a single "look" for every nationality, but rather many of them. And saying that all people from <insert country> are <insert description> is incredibly reductionist.