Deleted

[MW] 5.4 - Do we have any raid saving abilities?

First of all i'd like to say no matter how bad we do end up in the healing meters i will continue to play my monk, i'm not raging, i'm purely speculating and curious

Do we actually have any raid saving abilities now that revival has been nerfed to the power of a TFT uplift? All other healers have a 'o crap' healing button/ cooldowns to use and now we have nothing?

Deleted
    Revival will still heal alright for burst, however we fall extremely short when there's no burst

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well actually I can use Revival now even more for oh shit moments when 1-3 people drop low. I only wished Zen Meditation would be something more use full for the raid. We will see how things work out in 5.4.

In 25 man ReM only reaches a potential 15 targets even at the height of TFT, so while 2 Uplifts may do the same raw healing, Revival is spread across all 25 so it's better at saving an entire raid than only 15 people getting Uplifts. There's also the whole thing about needing to plan TFT to the exact second which can be difficult to do with some boss timers (damn you, Ji-Kun), so it has some marginal use there. Compared to HTT/Hymn/Tranq/AM/Barrier though, it's a joke.

However, in 10 man, you have ReM on most of the raid even outside of TFT, leaving Chi Brew Uplifts to be something you can get literally any time you want, which makes Revival quite useless.

Yes, it's dumb, no we don't care that much that Revival is instant and would rather have a similarly powerful raid cooldown. No, we don't like that our only other utility button is Life Cocoon. However, it's far too close to patch day for any of that to change.