Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If you were back in Vanilla as a level 1....

Would you make sure that this time you would be in a guild that could raid?

I mean I was lucky and were in such a guild. But so many others weren't. Seeing as people were intimidated back then (they felt unworthy to raid and only some special very hardcore players could do it).

I'll let you in on a little secret: I never farmed Tubers. I never farmed all those potions/elixirs/scrolls/foods. I just had my manapots and healthpots. Maybe at times I had some elixirs. But overal nope. Too expensive and time consuming to make. Still while it was current me and my guildies took about 50% of Naxx and got near killing C'thun.

In our guild mostly only the tank had an Flask. The rest did not.

So in terms of farming consumables, you can scratch that unless you went for world first.

So again: would you this time grab your chance at vanilla raiding?

I would not with the knowledge I have today tho. Would be a bit boring to do it all over again. Especially since I know what it was like to buff the raid with a 5 minute buff per person etc.

I would this time make sure I had the best spellpower item+crit on my slots. As I had no clue really how to (for the time) play a paladin, I just went with whatever would look nice = lightforge armor. So I would actually crossdress this time and get the best perks (if there were any) on the crafting professions. I would have nice macroes and other addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably not even bother playing the game let alone leveling or raiding.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I raided into naxx but even still i always thought the game had plenty to offer without raiding just between 5 mans and pvp or just plain trying to farm up the 900 gold for your first mount. Or doing one of the many long and pretty epic quest chains.

Everything took more time to do back then, hell most 5 mans (actually for a while most were 10-15 mans because they were THAT hard) would occupy you for a few hours between getting a group out there and then setting up cc on all the pulls. I remember being first of 5 on server to get my paladin mount when we spent at least 3 hours just clearing to rattlegore's room in scholo as 5 paladins to do the quest.

To be honest because the game was slower, classic always felt like there was more than enough to do even without raiding, the difference is you needed to make friends and be in a guild to get it done. I'd probably try and raid for nostalgia's sake but tbh I doubt I would have time to commit to a serious raid guild like I did back then. 7 days a week does get pretty tiring.
    Last edited by Zylos; 2013-08-26 at 11:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I would probably not even bother playing the game let alone leveling or raiding.
    Ofc after playing this long no one could stand playing classic. The game evolved soo much.

OT thinking back then i wouldnt play much differently. I raided spider wing of naxx. Maybe i would have PvPed more. I was only Knight-Captain.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a perfect world? Yes,I'd do it all over again. Arms/Prot and I DID HAVE to farm, My got shit on when I had to offtank. We farmed black lotus, we farmed tubers, we farmed everything we could. We logged in early to run our happy asses to zone lines.
    I loved Classic because it was new, and required a huge amount of dedication (which you were rewarded for)
    The me of today is spoiled and would likely never raid again, had it not been for the slog that was 40 man raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I was lucky that my guild could. We only dabbled in Naxx and I don't think we got further than Twin Emps in AQ40, but it was enough for me.

I farmed for Purple Lotus before I left for work in the morning, but was never mad enough to farm tubers!

If I would have the same guild and the time I had during TBC and Wotlk, yes and I would farm everything

In the situation where I am now, I would not raid with a bunch of nowhere

I guess I would be rolling shammy or warrior and skipping all exploring and pvp. When I was high enough level, I would try to find a decent grp to farm UBRS and then try to make a guild for Molten Core and Onyxia. I would deffo play a lot less than now.
    Mother pus bucket!

I was in a guild that raided, but if I were back there again I'd probably quit. Vanilla content was fucking terrible compared to now and I wouldn't want to repeat everything again. :|

I would know how to earn gold from the auction house. I would seal consumable deals across the whole server and not just a few select guilds, I would get rank 11-13. I'd wouldn't pass on raptor mount in ZG. I would get my second ZG fist weapon, I would get my ZG rogue trinket finished and go have some fun using trinket+thistle tea in AV on 2k hp mages <3. Lastly I would love to have cleared naxx and in hindsight have a warrior with corrupted ashbringer or generally a genuine vanilla char that I didnt level past 60

i whould play just as hardcore as i did back then. AND EVEN MORE!
    naxx was pretty much the first instance you were expected to bring flasks and foodbuffs and wizardoils to every boss.

if i had started playing vanilla again now, i whould have conusmables with me already in mc

15+ Year Old Account
    I would've rolled a female night elf/human priest and leveled to 60 ASAP. then joined a raiding guild as a healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    To be honest because the game was slower, classic always felt like there was more than enough to do even without raiding.
    Pretty much this.

The world felt huge because of how you were travelling. It was either on foot, or sometimes a flightmaster, and if had grinded enough and saved up during your leveling, you might have had a mount.

Everything took its time, and it was fine, and I miss that. Everything now is instant, and people go nuts if nothing is faster than the speed of light.

I would play Classic all over again if I could. I would even pay a subscription fee, and an extra ''membership'' fee if it was needed to play on a Blizzard created Classic server.

People can go ''rose-tinted glasses'' all they want, but I know what I know. I know the game had ''flaws'' and I think that's what made the game great, and giving its charm.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    I would've rolled a female night elf/human priest and leveled to 60 ASAP. then joined a raiding guild as a healer.
    Go Dwarf because they were the only Priest race that had Fear Ward, it was a great raiding/dungeon spell put on tanks.

I never got to raid Naxx or BWL back then, so i would definetly try to get those done if i were back in vanilla.

Deleted
    I wouldn't play i guess.

Now only if there was a way to place 8 years ago me, in the game of today, now that would be epic.

I remember being a Warior who tried to farm some resist gear for my first MC run. Want to know what happened? I died... REALLY fast

That being said I think I would enjoy doing everything over again and to be fair we have become a little better and organising ourselves so getting raid ready and all the bufs that come with it souldn't be too much of a chore. I'd probably go to being a buff bot probably. Paladin's were not anything if not needed for those. That and well i would open the door for healing which was more fun then more because it was 1 buton spam. I hate healing and the simpler the healing the better in my eyes.

I wonder if Druid would be better then...
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

I was in a raid Guild back then but raided either on my Hunter or Paladin, did a lot of Zul'Gurub raiding the only problem was the guild leaders were cloth wearers so we always did the cloth dropping bosses first then go do the others but by the time we down those bosses most had to leave thus never got a single item from that place. Did get a good pet from there though, a Wind Serpent that did ranged lightning attacks, (that was when pets were worth a damn) which awesome for sniping near the bridge in AV as the Horde tried to cross in to the base.

I would probably focus more on 5-10 man dungeons, and PvP than raiding. Raiding in vanilla was hell. In the end, it's all about the loot. It makes people horrible.

Also someone said this:

I WANT MY ASHBRINGER!!!!!
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    This is all that needs to be said.