Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Cash Shop sub-races

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah, but Wildhammer normally have tatoos and you could also change their voice tone and their comments (what they say with their voice actions)
    Getting in to lengthy discussions about the similarities and differences of High Elves and Blood Elves without mentioning the equal differences of every other "sub" race the OP listed isn't worth a full discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah, but Wildhammer normally have tatoos and you could also change their voice tone and their comments (what they say with their voice actions)
    their accents could be different? less scottish more welsh perhaps?

Unless you could change once for free (at the beginning of the expansion for ex.) or through something like the barber shop ingame (which would make no sense in lore) wouldn't this advanced charcter customization and sub-races be a gigantic kick in the teeth for people with 10 characters? After 10 years, surely a lot of people have absolutely no room for sub-races?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Getting in to lengthy discussions about the similarities and differences of High Elves and Blood Elves without mentioning the equal differences of every other "sub" race the OP listed isn't worth a full discussion.
    That's why i am ignoring the high elves and blood elves discussion, also in the other cases the differences is more obvious (most of them have different skins colors, or have a big notable different -Blood elf -> Wretched-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    Unless you could change once for free (at the beginning of the expansion for ex.) or through something like the barber shop ingame (which would make no sense in lore) wouldn't this advanced charcter customization and sub-races be a gigantic kick in the teeth for people with 10 characters? After 10 years, surely a lot of people have absolutely no room for sub-races?

the barbershop make no sense in lore, how can a troll change the shape of his tusks in a barber shop? how can a tauren change the size of his horns in a barber shop?

people need to stop trying to make 'lore' the basis for all in-game mechanics, it constrains the game beyond playability. Lore is an overlay to the mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    Yes, that's more reason for Blizzard to do that, cause that will make many people want to change the race of their character, so they will have to pay for it XD, also the players will never get angry when they get more options like these (new races are different cause many people would prefer one race over another, but in the case of subraces is not the same, cause is a sub-race of the actual race)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Iciya Sunwing View Post
    Cash Shop sub-races

it would drive me crazy

...then I'd pay...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    the barbershop make no sense in lore, how can a troll change the shape of his tusks in a barber shop? how can a tauren change the size of his horns in a barber shop?

trying to make lore the basis for all in-game mechanics, it constrains the game beyond playability.
    Plastic surgery! , maybe they take out their actual horns/tusks and attack another pair... who knows XD, but worgens can even change their human form skin color XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    it would drive me crazy

...then I'd pay...
    Just add the option of sub-races and many people will pay for race-change to be X subrace

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they add DragonMaw orcs with the tattoo too.

In game High Elf NPCs have different models from in game playable Blood Elves.

since we are talking about playable character model options, then the fact that the different characters models exists in the game puts them on the table to be added to the playable chararcter model options.
    What different models? They have BE's model with blue eyes which is accurate lore wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    their accents could be different? less scottish more welsh perhaps?
    yeps, that could be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    I hope they add DragonMaw orcs with the tattoo too.
    Yeah, they look great, they should also add Maghar orcs (brown orcs)

Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    People are paying way too much attention to this thing.
    It's definitely bullshit (the origin link), but a sub-race idea would be a fine one, and the OP specified the conditions for the thread ("as if it were true").

I believe that we will see one or more races be selectable crossfaction soon. Despite the "didn't like it" tweet from GC, I think that there will be more support for it regardless. The deal would be, you would need to have subfactions.

The obvious and longest needed one is high elves in the Alliance. It would not be unreasonable to see a rebel faction of undead there, but there's no existing lore to back it up.

Meanwhile, you already have several splinter factions of humans in the game world. One being in the horde wouldn't be much of a stretch at all, but it would be a very hard sell with the other races- but not impossible.

The thing is, only the high elves are set up right now, and not by much- they would probably want to give some background before springing that kind of thing over.

On same faction subraces, the obvious thing is Wildhammer and Dark Iron dwarves, and trolls, who even have different models in some cases. Brown orcs should be possible, but does that even count as a sub-race, really? Meanwhile, humans are available in colors that don't actually appear to hail from anywhere in Azeroth already, and the gnomish variants seem rather unsuitable for use as PCs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is very important to have a slider for penis size. Granted, once I put on my gear, nobody is going to see it -- the same way that nobody sees the hair, eye color or most other features of current models, and the same as nobody will see most of the changes people keep demanding for new models -- but for RP purposes I want to be able to select penis size.

Seriously guys, half the things like eye color and tattoos aren't going to be visible most of the time and even if you want them to be visible they won't be unless somebody bothers to zoom in. So, why is it any more relevant than a slider for penis size?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    High Elves would not be "blood elves with blue eyes". High Elves would be High Elves. Blood Elves are High Elves with green eyes, and a slight red tone to their otherwise pale skin.

Blood Elves are a sub-race of High Elves who are so close to being the same race that there has been alot of debate as to wether Blood Elves are actually their own race or just a faction of High Elves (constituting some 90% of the former High Elven population) who renamed themselves Blood Elves and started practicing Arcane magic using Fel energy. Nowadays it has been established that this use rapidly changed these High Elves so much that Blood Elves are, in fact, now a race of their own - although extremely closely related to High Elves.

High Elves should be their own race and be part of the Alliance. Including a race with such a rich lore and history in a discussion of sub-races is simply awful!
    Exactly, thank goodness I'm not the only one who thinks that.

There may be many solutions for the High Elves finally become playable in the Alliance, but certainly, the ideal thing would be that the High Elves are a race in themselves, an autonomous race with their own models, emotes, animations, their unique voices, different customization features, etc ...

And it is not unreasonable at all, at the end of the day the Alliance have already two equal races: the humans and the humans with lycanthropy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I think it is very important to have a slider for penis size. Granted, once I put on my gear, nobody is going to see it -- the same way that nobody sees the hair, eye color or most other features of current models, and the same as nobody will see most of the changes people keep demanding for new models -- but for RP purposes I want to be able to select penis size.

Seriously guys, half the things like eye color and tattoos aren't going to be visible most of the time and even if you want them to be visible they won't be unless somebody bothers to zoom in. So, why is it any more relevant than a slider for penis size?
    There are some things that like you said, cant be seen unless you pay attention to it (the hair doesn't count cause many people hide their helm or have helms that doesn't cover the head), but in the end people like the to have options to modify their characters, also many of these changes can be easily noticed, for example, many of the tatoos that are asking are for Dwarfs and Orcs, is true that we may not see it on orcs but Dwarfs have tatoos on their faces, so we will see it..., also others changes are skin color and body composition and those things can be easily seen

If this is true, it will only be 'subraces' within the realistic confines of lore, such as Wildhammer and Dark Iron Dwarves, Dragonmaw and Blackrock Orcs, Taunka, etc. These 'subraces' are already officially a part of their respective factions, be they Alliance or Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post

I wouldnt mind having sliders + colour circles like APB o+r PERFECT WORLD

I don't see any new sub races coming if the leak is correct. You'll get humans, goblins, crab people etc of stuff we've seen already.

Quote Originally Posted by Qithlorien View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...quot-Leak-quot

This isn't about speculating whether or not the purported "leak" is all true but specifically the "leaked" sub-races IF IT WERE TRUE. (Not having updated character models on launch day because of the "leaked" sub-races taking the updated character models more time)

So what Sub-Races do you think they are and how do you think they'll be implemented?

-Adding different color dwarf e.g. Wild Hammer?
    -Adding Sub Race "units" Forsaken: Skeleton, Ghoul, Abomination?
    -Adding High Elves to Blood Elves?
    -Adding Furbolgs, Naga, Murloc, Ogre to Neutral Panderan?

Let the speculation commense
    Not gonna happen, any subrace would then require an updated model as well. with how long it has taken Blizz to do remodels on the current playable races, I dont see how they would want to take remodeling all subraces as well.