Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Look her into the eyes, as if you're trying to comprehend what she just asked you. Then start with a smile and slowly turn it into amused laughter. Then look her straight in the eye and say "no!". Then continue doing what you were doing before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    "Oh, I look so fat in this dress! "
    Yes, yes you do.
    "Oh, glad that you mention it. I already thought I'm the only one who noticed it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    I tell her my honest opinion. Don´t ask questions if you don´t want to hear the answer.
    The Laws of Logic do not apply to women.

I would tell them the truth plus gentle give your opinion. For example:

"It won't change how much I love you, but I usually prefer women with long hair"

Now if it's something that's particularly unsatisfactory – you might up the stakes:

"It won't change how much I love you, but I usually prefer women with long hair. If you go short, I'm gonna have to grow mine out so I can run my hands through my own luxurious locks. Because of this, it may seem that my hair is getting more love and attention than you are."

I prefer the honest approach. If I'm asked a question that I think she might not like the answer to, I'll ask her straight out if she wants my honest answer. If she says yes, then she doesn't have any real right to complain (though she undoubtedly will.) In the case of the hair thing, I'd say it wouldn't change my opinion of her really, but that I strongly prefer long hair on all women no matter what. If she doesn't like the answer, she shouldn't have asked, and I won't apologize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    "Does this dress make me look fat?"
    "No dear, your fat makes you look fat."

Seriously though OP, be honest but in the nicest possible way.
    "I prefer long hair on women. If you cut it short I'd still love you, but I think you'd look nicer with long hair."
    Loaded questions like this suck though. If she wanted your opinion, she could have just asked you "Do you think I would suit short hair" or something like that. Why she had to bring "Will you still love me?!!!" into it is beyond me.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    When she says "will you still like me?", does that mean "Will you still love me?" or "Will you still find me attractive"?

If it's the former, you should, if not then... I dunno.
    If the latter, answer honestly, be a man, I don't find women with short hair attractive AT ALL, my girlfriend knows this but If she wanted to do it i'd put up with it.

Deleted
    I really hate piercings to the point they make me vomit. My gf allways bitches about one, but if she get one I told her we are finished. Unfortunately, every girl today wants that crap.

"If you think I don't love you for who you are, then why are you with me?"

You should say no. Girls ask questions like that. Women don't. if she's going to be a drama-queen little girl then you shouldn't even be with her. Don't justify that behavior.

If she asks "Will you still like me if I deliberately do something that I obviously think would make me less attractive?" Then say "No.". And unless you detect some sarcasm in her voice you should end the relationship immediately RE: Being completely neurotic.

I'm not even kidding. Questions like that are a major red flag. They might sound cute at first, but run like hell.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by various
    Love
    Also, don't even get me started on love. Anybody under the age of 25, when they are temped to say "love" should replace the word love with "selfish, petty, inconsequential, childish infatuation"
    Last edited by Gheld; 2013-09-02 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashadelo View Post
    If she (inset phrase/clause here) will you still like her.

Example.... If I cut my long hair really short will you still like me?

How do you respond? How do you get out of a situation like this when these types of questions are asked without getting her upset?
    as long as i keep gettin some then do with your hair whatever you want

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't answer loaded questions period. Doesn't even matter who it is because its just manipulative and reeks of self esteem issues or validation from others, especially if you're already with them. You chose to be with them in the first place. Why should they have to test whether you like them or not with shitty phrasing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashadelo View Post
    If I cut my long hair really short will you still like me?
    The right thing to do is to slap her for asking such a silly question.