New 5.4 Windwalker and Brewmaster changes (Build 17331)

Right normally I have no problem figuring out what are buffs and what are nerfs when They change the numbers around within spells But this time I'm having a bit of trouble figuring it out, I think I'm stupid though because I'm reading it as a flat out buff but I'm looking at the numbers as if they're a nerf anyone care to have their say on these changes?

Monk (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Blackout Kick (Brewmaster) weapon component of damage increased and AP scaling reduced by 21%.
    Fists of Fury (Brewmaster, Windwalker) weapon component of damage increased and AP scaling reduced by 21%.
    Jab (Brewmaster, Windwalker) weapon component of damage increased and AP scaling reduced by 21%.
    Swift Reflexes (Brewmaster, Windwalker) weapon component of damage increased and AP scaling reduced by 21%.
    Tiger Palm (Brewmaster, Windwalker) weapon component of damage increased and AP scaling reduced by 21%.

Brewmaster
    Keg Smash (Brewmaster, Windwalker) weapon component of damage increased and AP scaling reduced by 21%.

Windwalker
    Fists of Fury (Brewmaster, Windwalker) weapon component of damage increased and AP scaling reduced by 21%.
    Rising Sun Kick (Brewmaster, Windwalker) weapon component of damage increased and AP scaling reduced by 21%.
    Spinning Fire Blossom (Brewmaster, Windwalker) weapon component of damage increased and AP scaling reduced by 21%.
    (You will need to look on the offical post for the mouse over details as it is a lot to type out here http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-17331)
    Apothecary Wormcrud says: Touch my chicken and I will kill you in your sleep. Am I understood?

Deleted
    Tooltip fixes for brewmasters. Calm down.

Wait a minute, WW gets Keg Smash?

They aren't tooltip fixes for brewmasters since there is more than just brewmaster changes on their and it would say they are tooltip changes to match what it is actually doing
    Apothecary Wormcrud says: Touch my chicken and I will kill you in your sleep. Am I understood?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eravoron View Post
    They aren't tooltip fixes for brewmasters since there is more than just brewmaster changes on their and it would say they are tooltip changes to match what it is actually doing
    https://twitter.com/devolore/status/372057967123648512

They are tooltip changes.

Ok. Thanks for sourcing that would have been easier to post that with your original comment. thanks though

Quote Originally Posted by Fredz View Post
    Wait a minute, WW gets Keg Smash?
    Almost every monk spec has all of the abilities in the code for every spec, but you still can't use them. That is nothing new for monk data mining.

Deleted
    Well if they are tooltip fixes it is all well and good then, Windwalkers were already very weapon damage dependent.

I'm all for damage shifting more to the weapon than to AP scaling (for BrM damage that is) Vengeance scaling is pretty ridiculous - though I think it'll make us even more of a threat whore when there's no vengeance going... good luck getting agro off a BrM now! I don't know where other tanks will be following vengeance changes + riposte implementation but I feel they may need a similar treatment. I'm 100% for tank damage being meaningful, and even in rare cases to top (or close to) the meters, but the amount that comes out of vengeance is really absurd.

I have long been campaigning that the scaling (particularly in MoP) has gotten out of hand - there should be a smaller delta based upon gear than there is. If Blizz insist on keeping gaps between H old content and Norm new content then the only way to do this is shift more damage to a baseline number and then reduce scaling numbers (it has to happen across all classes/roles etc obviously to be successful).

I hope come 6.0 we see more of this sort of philosophy

Tanks are the only role that doesn't benefit much from a weapon upgrade (though it could be argued pali/warr upgrading their shield is very similar) so it would be nice if a little of the active mitigation/self healing scaled a little more based upon weapons (this is just my opinion feel free to disagree)

Deleted
    Can anybody insight me if it's a boost or nerf? I see a much larger damage numbers in the spells but I also see lowered AP scalling. So is this just making us much more weapon dependant or is it a boost for our dps? Can someone calculate this as I'm waiting for the PTR to get up?

Quote Originally Posted by lolczyslaf View Post
    Can anybody insight me if it's a boost or nerf? I see a much larger damage numbers in the spells but I also see lowered AP scalling. So is this just making us much more weapon dependant or is it a boost for our dps? Can someone calculate this as I'm waiting for the PTR to get up?
    Tooltip fixes
    No actual changes.

I keep seeing all this talk about "tooltip fixes" but I think it is still a change, rather it is a tooltip update to an earlier change in the PTR cycle.

I don't think what we have live reflects these tooltips.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the tooltip update which reflects the following change from ages ago on the PTR:

"Fixed a bug that caused the damage of some abilities for Brewmasters with Vengeance to scale incorrectly."

And also, if you were to pay attention to the tooltips you get when you hover over the abiltiies on MMOs page, you can see that it simply removes the Brewmaster scaling and adds Brewmaster to WWs existing scaling for all abilities.

Deleted
    Yep it's jus ta tooltip change. Dps the same as it was before rev. Nothing new.

seems stupid to me to be SO SURE that this is not a WW change when you have no facts to back it up. The blue post was not full of confidence. "I believe" and "Should" are not facts

Quote Originally Posted by Jurio View Post
    seems stupid to me to be SO SURE that this is not a WW change when you have no facts to back it up. The blue post was not full of confidence. "I believe" and "Should" are not facts
    How about the fact that if you read the actual tooltips themselves, only the listed BrM damage formula changed, the WW one for each skill remains exactly the same. OP is wrong, seems stupid to be SO SURE that anything in WW changed at all when even datamining shows that it hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurio View Post
    Look at the actual changes to the tooltips if you aren't convinced. They just combined the BrM and WW sections together, and the numbers are exactly the same as the WW numbers were previously.