Thread: Facebook

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Facebook

Whats so fun with it?
    Never understood:S
    Sure its nice to chat with your friends
    But all the "Like for justin bieber and ignore Hurr durr devil will kill you"
    Last edited by Narwhalosh Whalescream; 2013-08-27 at 09:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you answered your own question then.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno... I can only be on it so long, it gets boring. And it's so plain. I always figured it got popular because uncreative people didn't have to suffer anymore from having boring pages on Myspace while their friends made theirs look good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Im a internet troll View Post
    But all the "Like for justin bieber and ignore Hurr durr devil will kill you"
    It's usually the other way 'round. "like for hurr durr, comment for hurr durr, ignore for bieber."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Im a internet troll View Post
    Whats so fun with it? ....
    .... to chat with your friends
    You asked a question, and answered it yourself

Though to me Facebook is more of a useful thing than a fun thing.

I only use it to stalk the like 30 people I do have as friends. And then I liked some people, and read what they post (mostly artistest and public known people / tv / shows etc).

Basicly, another time waster, with abit off news on the side. Oh also use it to write to my brother instead off texting.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Keep in touch with family members and see what they have been up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Keep in touch with family members and see what they have been up to.
    Pretty much this, and close friends. People don't send invitations to things, even things as big as weddings, by mail much anymore. I pretty much just have facebook for event invites. Comment on things now and then. Don't know that I've ever hit the Like button.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

It breeds narcicists. People that go for a walk just so they can post ot on facebook at psychopaths in my book

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like facebook.

Pretty much just use it for events and posting photos.

Nice to see how old friends as we are all heading into different stages in our lives (kids/marriage... well they all are).

It lets me deal with the people I actively want to without having to deal with the other people in society who I really don't have much time for (y'know, junkies, scumbags, people from the town where I live) - it's harsh but ultimately it's so much easier for me & my stress levels!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it for family and good friends....

But I mainly use it for mousehunt... >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    It helps me stay in contact with people without me having to leave the computer. It's thanks to Facebook that I found out my roommate had gotten engaged.

Deleted
    I use it to chat to people I have no way of seeing on a regular basis. My family and old school friends are in Finland (I've lived in UK for 3,5 years), I have friends all over the world and even my old college friends are scattered across the country because of uni / work.

It's also a really nice way for me and my friends to share holiday / event memories with each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hide news feeds from people who post stupid crap but it works well for me as a tool for communicating with a lot of people at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a great way of getting laid.

It's also a great way of keeping in touch with friends and family regardless of where they live.

Deleted
    I never understood the whole Facebook hype myself, when I want to talk to my friends I simply send them a message (either by phone or e-mail), call them or visit them. There are plenty of chat applications I can use instead of integrated chat on Facebook, such as Skype, msn, mIRC etc.

Most people on Facebook probably post some pointless and unnecessary posts like, "it's raining" or "I bought marmalade today!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    I never understood the whole Facebook hype myself, when I want to talk to my friends I simply send them a message (either by phone or e-mail), call them or visit them. There are plenty of chat applications I can use instead of integrated chat on Facebook, such as Skype, msn, mIRC etc.

Most people on Facebook probably post some pointless and unnecessary posts like, "it's raining" or "I bought marmalade today!".
    Most people have Facebook though, so it makes it easier if all your contacts are in one place.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use it mostly to know to who i have to say happybirthday.
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    I could never see anything in it. People think I am weird being 22 and not having a facebook page. I realy don't give a shit what someone else is doing and if I want to contact them a phone call or face to face is enough.

Believe it or not some girls are turned off because I don't have one. Which I find realy pathetic.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-08-27 at 03:04 PM.
    Aye mate