Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    It's disappointing how easily Blizzard forgets about Mekkatorque, Velen, Genn Greymane, the Dwarf council and Aysa.

Though they also tend to forget about Gallywix and Ji Firepaw.
    I don't really consider those two pandas as racial leaders anyway, they are more equal in terms of status/power/ influence than say a human and king varian or a space goat and velen

Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    It's disappointing how easily Blizzard forgets about Mekkatorque, Velen, Genn Greymane, the Dwarf council and Aysa.

Though they also tend to forget about Gallywix and Ji Firepaw.
    Mekkatorque, Moira and Aysa are all in SoO at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    where'd you read that? Varian dies choking on a pretzel three weeks after picking a new Warchief for the Horde.

shit

- - - Updated - - -

I think Taran Zhu would be an ideal leader for both Pandaren after this expansion ends.
    Considering they have no central government and the shado pan is their 'army' one could make the arguement he's already the closest thing to a pandaren faction leader for the Pandaria Pandaren, though I don't see the Houjin and Tushui serving under him instead of their respective factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    They are effectively a leaderless people. Aysa and Ji are just ambassadors and nothing more. The devs said relations between the Horde and Alliance are going to change dramatically and having Taran Zhu be a mediator as a representative for both factions makes sense to me.
    Ji and Aysa are, so far as I can tell, the leader of the Houjin and Tushui pandaren, it's just that they're both very small groups hence only having a camp and not a city or anything. Taran Zhu isn't a full blown faction leader, but he is, imho, the closest thing to one, and I kind of like the pandaren not having a central leader, makes them more unique.

Damn, that is pretty cool actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I know. though I'm going to guess if that vision is right and Garrosh is just a corpse at the end, Thrall will probably bury him next to grom.. though he doesn't deserve it.
    I love Grom, but really, he's not that better than Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    This was alluded to in the Blank Scroll story; Garrosh went on to exterminate the "lesser races" of the Horde and Alliance, most of whom make a last stand in Stormwind.
    Aye. In that event, it was kickstarted by Gallywix hiding the eponymous Blank Scroll, which 'has the ability to turn story into reality.' Gallywix dies during a duel with Garrosh due to a poorly-aimed shot from his bodyguard, who was seriously injured at the time, and Garrosh gets his hands on the Scroll, using it to create an unstoppable, endless army of orcs. This army sweeps over Kalimdor, forcing the trolls, tauren, what goblins survived Garrosh's raid on Bilgewater Harbor, and night elves across the ocean, where the Alliance and Horde throw aside their differences and make a last stand at Stormwind Harbor. As the narrative tells it, they inevitably fail because the Scroll-born orcs continue to rise up regardless of their wounds, overwhelm the defenders, and Garrosh reigns supreme. Then the Legion returns and N'Zoth surges forth from the depths, and Azeroth is destroyed without the Alliance and Horde to defend it.

The same fate would await Azeroth if Garrosh were to break the Siege, likely as not, except with real orcs and even less chances of defending Azeroth on his own without the Scroll-born orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Ji and Aysa are, so far as I can tell, the leader of the Houjin and Tushui pandaren, it's just that they're both very small groups hence only having a camp and not a city or anything. Taran Zhu isn't a full blown faction leader, but he is, imho, the closest thing to one, and I kind of like the pandaren not having a central leader, makes them more unique.
    They're the current masters of those two schools, but pandaren as a race don't have one set leader anymore. Kosak tweeted that after Emperor Shaohao ascended, power shifted to the local governments--ergo, politically, the Tillers, Shado-Pan, Golden Lotus, et al., are all on equal footing and live symbiotically. The Tillers supply food, the Golden Lotus tends to their holy ground, the Order patrols their skies, the Shado-Pan defend them from their enemies.

The Tushui and Huojin are an odd case because the Wandering Isle has no apparent governmental structure at all. It's an agricultural utopia where elders are given heed and respected, but the closest thing there is to a ruling body are your master, Shang Xi, and the other master monks. Not even Aysa and Ji, the masters of the Tushui and Huojin philosophies, seem to hold any governmental power. On the Isle, everyone's an equal, more or less. It's almost an odd sort of peaceful anarchy.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

What if this isn't a vision of if Garrosh Isnt defeated, but if he is? What if with the end of y'shaarj, n'zoth finally comes out of hiding and Blizzard actually kills off a lot of lore people for say an Expansion Release Event?

Idk, just a thought that tugs at the back of my mind.

Me personally? I would LOVE it if Blizzard did something dark like this, can't stand everything being dumbed down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-n-Ike234 View Post
    Me personally? I would LOVE it if Blizzard did something dark like this, can't stand everything being dumbed down.
    Blue tweets already confirmed that this is all in Hellscream's head.

edit: Never mind that 5.3 and 5.4 currently center around deposing a genocidal dictator. Is that really not dark enough? We're talking someone with Hitler's Ubermenschen views and a body count to rival WWII in its entirety at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Blue tweets already confirmed that this is all in Hellscream's head.

edit: Never mind that 5.3 and 5.4 currently center around deposing a genocidal dictator. Is that really not dark enough? We're talking someone with Hitler's Ubermenschen views and a body count to rival WWII in its entirety at this point.
    Well, no more fun then, still, would be interesting don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-n-Ike234 View Post
    Well, no more fun then, still, would be interesting don't you think?
    Not really. I got sick of 'dark for dark's sake' back during the 90s Dark Age of Antiheroes in comics. These days, if I'm getting into a situation where swaths of characters who have almost a decade of characterization and build up are killed off unceremoniously, the story damn well better bring something to the table to counter my response of "Why bother, then? We're fucked regardless, you have succinctly demonstrated this in one fell swoop."

FFs give us some Malfurion action the lack of him in all the important part of this xpack is outrageus
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vawugz View Post
    Velen's people already experienced genocide from the orcs once. You'd think he'd want to get involved in this conflict of orcs trying to commit genocide.
    That they should. They were also heavily involved with Anduin, but aren't seen with him at all. Velen was called for to heal Anduin in 5.1. He didn't appear and was apparently replaced by nameless Mistweavers healing Anduin.

I'm really at the end of the line with Draenei just not existing in WoW. I think if they're not involved again next expansion then I think there's no hope of them ever appearing. This is the third expansion in a row where they just do not play any role in the storyline. Even then they haven't really been developed much outside of the game either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    That they should. They were also heavily involved with Anduin, but aren't seen with him at all. Velen was called for to heal Anduin in 5.1. He didn't appear and was apparently replaced by nameless Mistweavers healing Anduin.

I'm really at the end of the line with Draenei just not existing in WoW. I think if they're not involved again next expansion then I think there's no hope of them ever appearing. This is the third expansion in a row where they just do not play any role in the storyline. Even then they haven't really been developed much outside of the game either.
    Agreed, and they need to get Velen out of his damn visions and giving a crap about actually helping to fix the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Am I blind, or are Velen, Gen Greymane, the Goblin leader (who's been mia since Cata) and Gelbin all missing?

Now, I know that they don't tend to get a lot of screen time, if any, but at least it's not a total loss if Garosh wins, right? Right? Oh, who am I kidding, an Azeroth run by an alien race devoted to serving another alien race, a race of midgets, a race of shape changing xenophobes and a race who would sell his mother to the highest bidder is awfull too.
    The more technologically advanced races take the Exodar and high-tail it outta Azeroth.
    The dogs snuck on board.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Am I blind, or are Velen, Gen Greymane, the Goblin leader (who's been mia since Cata) and Gelbin all missing?
    Well if they couldn't show Velen impaled. If I'm remembering correctly hes pretty much as strong as Archimonde/Kiljaeden so he has the power to wipe Garrosh off the face of the earth with a simple thought. But then again who am I kidding? They probably do have Velen impaled with the others missing but we simply don't see them in the two pics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Agreed, and they need to get Velen out of his damn visions and giving a crap about actually helping to fix the world.
    If Velen wants to play the patient waiting game then fine. So long as when he does appear he does it in style. While it's tough to swallow Velen staying out of the conflict does make some sense. He does not personally look for fights hence why he will send aid and stay and meditate. Also another thing mentioned on SoL on just this issue is that if Velen's short story is anything to go by then the Draenei are incredibly protective of Velen.

In the mean time give us a Draenei Vindicator who wants to push for action within the Alliance to reaffirm their position within it. Somebody who pushes for justice and for the Light in a crusader like manner. Heck Maraad would be a good choice because he's already in the world. Even then characters like Dezco demonstrate that given the right support a new character can become an instant hit. They could very easily do this with the Draenei.

Why the hell is Sylvanas there!?

Doesn't matter what was said in the Blank scroll story but seriously, they let her garrison up with all the shit she has been doing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meloreandor View Post
    Why the hell is Sylvanas there!?

Doesn't matter what was said in the Blank scroll story but seriously, they let her garrison up with all the shit she has been doing?
    Because she is part of the siege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I love Grom, but really, he's not that better than Garrosh.
    Grom never forced subjugation, and well he killed many humans, night elves and draenei, he never went out and slaughtered his own allies (well, maybe he went batshit when he drank mannaroths blood a second time, but thats a valid reason for being insane). Grom was crazy, ravaging and unforgiving in battle, but at least he held regret for past mistakes and even learned from it, leading to his self sacrifice.
    Garrosh has all the bad parts of grom, but none of the good parts.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    The biggest difference between Grom and Garrosh is that Grom learned with the defeats. He knew that sometimes the best choice was to run and survive to fight another day. Garrosh, in the other hand, got more and more... lets say "disturbed" on each defeat that suffered.