Deleted

lei shen heroic advice/tips? (Ret)

is there any general advice/tips anyone can give?
    Also, glyph of mass exorcism worth using? (typically the balls are down within 4-5seconds)
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmoca1dceb134b; 2013-08-27 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Speed of light for helm. Purity on tanks is great in the last phase but you might want UBS for more ss soaking. Devo aura also super useful on Thunderstrucks in last phase. You can hammer stun diffusion chain adds if they're up when you need to stack for Overcharge, this way they don't chain lightning spam the group. Divine protection also useful for helm/bolts/thunderstruck, just everything on that fight generally.

Deleted
    Although the balls don't last long, there isn't much crying out to go into your glyph slots on this fight. There is also the possibility of adds due to a missed soak or a bad diffusion chain. These will still need taking care of and any cleave is useful here. Also remember to have 5 holy power saved up (and a good amount of time left on inquisition) just before they spawn so that you can help burst them down.

One thing I've found is to stand away from other melee at the start as you run a lower chance of having to move from crashing thunder when all you really want to do is tunnel the boss with your cooldowns up.

I definately take Unbreakable Spirit as it means you can take a static shock solo in both transitions if necessary. It also gives you a fighting chance if you get a static shock in phase 3 as well. With regards Helm of Command, certainly you need Speed of Light; but make sure you wait to see whether or not you get Helm before going to soak. If you get caught near the edge you may still go over even with SoL active otherwise (I've done that). Also ensure that you know when to leave the boss and get to your position just before a transition; you really don't want to leave it too late and be forced to use SoL to get there in time - sod's law you will get Helm and there will be no gateway for you.

Deleted
    thanks a lot for the tips. crashing thunder is a pain. struggling with it a bit, died couple times to it. a kill is looking likely. unbreakable spirit was definitely the best choice. best attempt 27%.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're also working on this and I feel like we're getting there as well. We saw the end of T2 although it was breaking down quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaling View Post
    We're also working on this and I feel like we're getting there as well. We saw the end of T2 although it was breaking down quickly.

IMO, phase 3 and first transition are the 2 roughest parts of that fight.

Glyphs:

Templar's Verdict/Mass Exo/3rd one of your choice (i took blinding light just in case i needed to stun adds)

Talents:
    The only mandatory one is Speed of Light imo.

Phase 1:
    Standard, remember you can use DP for Crash of Thunder.

T1:
    The rhythm of this transition is: Overcharge goes out first, then diffusion chain (note this ability cannot target a melee, so you can stack with other melees), then you stack for overcharge, and immediately after it goes out, you should towards the center to counter helm of command. Bouncing bolts come out (only use DP if you have to double soak bouncing bolts, you should save DP for static shocks stack points).

P2:
    What i found useful is to pool up 4 HoPo, and an Exo, so that as soon as the balls get pulled/stunned, you mass exo to spread debuff, DS > Hammer of Right > DS. But again, it depends on how good your ball dps is.

T2:
    Same thing as T1, only I never bubble static shock, because I want bubble going into phase 3 for the static shocks (this will vary depending on your guild strategy)

P3:
    Our strat involved melee soaking bouncing bolts, so I get the furthest balls, since speed of light helps us get there quickly.