Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,882
    Alliance racials are op as shit, humans = free pvp trinket + 10% rep.
    Should have changed my main to human back in wotlk when I farmed the insane :/
    Would have made my life easier.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Horde bias, of course.

    Seriously though, Horde is better. The only reason I'm Alliance is because I rejoined my old guild who refused to go Horde. I'd much rather be Horde.
    Well you could at least be a dwarf or drenai instead of a human if racials matter.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    Blizzard nerfed Will of the Forsaken into the ground, supposedly for being over-powered in PvP. Then they gave the same ability to humans and nobody seemed to mind. Horde favoritism indeed.
    The funny thing about when that got nerfed was that very shortly after they put in faction change was interesting timing.......

  4. #24
    Epic! gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    Blizzard nerfed Will of the Forsaken into the ground, supposedly for being over-powered in PvP. Then they gave the same ability to humans and nobody seemed to mind. Horde favoritism indeed.
    Let's not forget that when they gave it to Alliance they included other stuff and then later buffed it to include silences because it was supposedly too weak.

  5. #25
    How many bosses in ToT were beasts? In the world of Min/Max, 5% is a lot. I can't count the number of times I've seen 3% wipes....

    Prepot/Lust/Trinkets/Professions/MetaGem...and add to that a 20% haste buff? In the world of Snapshotting, that extra haste is huge when every buff is rolling. For example, as a demo lock, not getting meta proc during your first UVLS proc can be the difference in 50k dps or more...

    There is a reason Blizz is messing with RPPM on pulls, they specifically said the ability to line all your buffs is breaking the scaling of encounter designs.... so why they would leave a 20% haste racial around I really don't know..

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    How many bosses in ToT were beasts? In the world of Min/Max, 5% is a lot. I can't count the number of times I've seen 3% wipes....

    Prepot/Lust/Trinkets/Professions/MetaGem...and add to that a 20% haste buff? In the world of Snapshotting, that extra haste is huge when every buff is rolling. For example, as a demo lock, not getting meta proc during your first UVLS proc can be the difference in 50k dps or more...

    There is a reason Blizz is messing with RPPM on pulls, they specifically said the ability to line all your buffs is breaking the scaling of encounter designs.... so why they would leave a 20% haste racial around I really don't know..
    I don't think you can make that comparison, the difference in whether lei Shen trinket proced and a small racial bonus are not even close

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    How many bosses in ToT were beasts? In the world of Min/Max, 5% is a lot. I can't count the number of times I've seen 3% wipes....

    Prepot/Lust/Trinkets/Professions/MetaGem...and add to that a 20% haste buff? In the world of Snapshotting, that extra haste is huge when every buff is rolling. For example, as a demo lock, not getting meta proc during your first UVLS proc can be the difference in 50k dps or more...

    There is a reason Blizz is messing with RPPM on pulls, they specifically said the ability to line all your buffs is breaking the scaling of encounter designs.... so why they would leave a 20% haste racial around I really don't know..
    Kinda going off-topic but couldn't avoid commentating on your last sentence... Adding more RNG isn't a solution to the problem. You're going to have awesome pulls and meh pulls a lot more than we're seeing now, with no real nerf to the syncing of abilities given that most burst/snapshot happens in the first 10 seconds for most classes.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

    i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

  8. #28
    The Patient MyCelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway, Bergen
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    No they didn't. It may have helped them get world first but for the kills? Yeah right comes to mind.

    Anyway OP, I'm glad bosses magically fall over at a much faster rate for you now you have horde racials and that you put efficiency over faction pride (and you seem to very much care about faction pride)

    Anyway, off to make a "y r ally racials OP for pvp" whine thread.
    Did you watch the Spiritbinder/Elegon/Durumu kill video?

    Also Paragons Lei Shen vid. In all of them 90%+ of the raid was dead, and on Durumu 100% of the raid was dead!

    20% haste on the pull + 5% beast damage is actually a really really really big deal. More than most of you realize as dps in this game is almost purely based of procs and stacking CDs. :P
    Last edited by MyCelar; 2013-08-27 at 09:01 PM.

  9. #29
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    For PVE, Horde have pretty solid racials. But in PVP if PVE trinkets are ever a problem, Human is pretty stupid. I wouldn't argue that it is a faction issue. Tauren and Blood elf racials are extremely meh, for instance.

  10. #30
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,846
    There's a problem with racials as of now, and i too believe it should be taken care of.
    However, if you put that 5% damage increase versus beasts before playing the race you wanted, i'm afraid you're one of the people who make it easier for Blizzard to keep it this way and make more money.

  11. #31
    Right, World First races need every ounce of performance.

    Regular heroic level raiding guilds would rarely (if ever) miss them.

    Before you say, "BUT BUT, WE'VE WIPED AT 0.1% BEFORE AND RACIALS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN US THE KILL" - I'm sure you're not top 20 World material, and therefore there were probably numerous other issues in your 0.1% wipe that, when corrected, resulted you the kill.

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    How many bosses in ToT were beasts? In the world of Min/Max, 5% is a lot. I can't count the number of times I've seen 3% wipes....
    Yep, everyone re-rolled Troll because of the immense difficulty of Tortos...

  13. #33
    I see a lot of Horde PvP complain about Alliance racials, and of course Alliance about Horde racials in PvE.

    No doubt Horde racials are great (wouldn't mind the Worgen sprint, that said), but the Troll 5% to beasts really stood out particularly in this tier. Maybe there will be changes to racials in the next expansion as there has been a lot of complaint about it in this expansion in particular.

    Out of interest, has a blue poster ever actually addressed this complaint on the official forums?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    Blizzard nerfed Will of the Forsaken into the ground, supposedly for being over-powered in PvP. Then they gave the same ability to humans and nobody seemed to mind. Horde favoritism indeed.
    well said indeed

  15. #35
    Pandaren Monk Fullmetal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Between the Spiral and Anti-Spiral dimensions.
    Posts
    1,762
    Horde = PvE
    Alliance = PvP
    Been like this since preCata /shrug, they wont bother balancing racials. If anything they will eventually get rid of them or just make them all the same.
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
    -
    Issac Asimov, Foundation.

    Pokémon Safari: Rock Type (Magcargo/Barbaracle/Dwebble).
    FC: 0447-5673-4977
    MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Fullmetal89

  16. #36
    Troll racials just worked out way too strong this tier. You can't say a flat 5% damage increase on some fights and a haste buff isn't really unfair when it is only obtainable by part the population. The argument of "L2P you can do 5% damage by playing better" is the most stupid thing ever. If blizzard was to say "your race now does 5% less damage on certain fights" there is no way in hell anyone would be making that argument. Gaining slight increases is the definition of min-maxing. An easy fight only gets easier with more damage.

  17. #37
    Dwarf tanks break Iron Qon without even needing a paladin in the raid.

  18. #38
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,154
    Quote Originally Posted by MyCelar View Post
    Did you watch the Spiritbinder/Elegon/Durumu kill video?

    Also Paragons Lei Shen vid. In all of them 90%+ of the raid was dead, and on Durumu 100% of the raid was dead!

    20% haste on the pull + 5% beast damage is actually a really really really big deal. More than most of you realize as dps in this game is almost purely based of procs and stacking CDs. :P
    Funny, I didn't know that spiritbinder, elegon, durumu, and lei shen were beasts.

    Also a lot of classes don't get haste snapshots anymore (Although they yoyo about with who does)

    Also alliance (ok, humans mostly) 95% dominance in pvp seems to counter any argument of favoritism.

    Trolls are only "OP" because of RPPM being the most broken mechanic blizzard refuses to remove yet. Haste scaling with RPPM is getting nerfed and be extension the troll racial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  19. #39
    High Overlord Stackodude1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Wokopoly View Post
    This has been a problem that's been known for a long time. I've been playing Horde for a while, but at first i was Alliance up until seeing the advantages the horde had. Since then, i have spent hundreds of dollars moving alts to a high populated server (Illidan) in order to progress in Heroic raiding at a very fast pace. But in the back of my head, i know i want to be Alliance, and i would much rather be on the other faction.

    Why hasn't blizzard fixed the racial's so people can play what they want rather than what they need? Have they said anything about fixing this in the future? by no means will i quit the game because of this, but i'd enjoy it a whole lot more being able to play my faction of choice.
    WAIT WAIT WAIT..... You're complaining about Horde racials when Humans can break out of just about anything...?

  20. #40
    Human racial is far better than anything Horde has.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •