Poll: Shaving legs: (poll for men only)

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Men and shaving legs, why is it so bad?

Why do guys get the "gay stamp" when they want to shave their legs?
    I was on another forum yesterday and a guy seemed to be interessted in shaving his legs as he doesen't like all the hair he has on them.
    He basically got attacked by some "real men". apparently it's only ok for athletes to shave their legs because otherwise it's gay.

What is your opinion on it and do you or want to shave your legs or doesen't it bother you?
    And women, what is your opinion about guys shaving their legs?

excuses for the typos*

Doesen't the shaved leg looks nicer than the hairy one?

Deleted
    I prefer that they would not. Same with chest hair, unless it's like a forest.

I don't think gay is the word I would use, It's highly feminine though imo. Personally I think the hairy leg looks better for a man.

I think it looks much, much better. And I like smoothness, personally. I could imagine it'd be nicer if a potential male partner had them like that. Why is it so bad..?
    ....I have no idea. It sucks that it's taboo. Nonsensical.

Deleted
    I prefer hairy legs. They just look manlier to me.

Deleted
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaay

Infracted - please post constructively
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-08-20 at 01:51 PM.

Well, as a man with abit hairy legs I sometimes feel like sliming it. Haven't tried it before. Less hair on my body just makes me feel less sweaty and easiere to clean.

I think most men only do it cause off sports. Athelets shave there legs inn cycling etc, NOT BECAUSE off some wierd thing or whatever but because its easiere to get message done on smooth legs.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Because mens legs don't look better when they are shaved, unless you are the epitome of manliness and have perfect definition without those disgusting vein-pops.

Or, trying to look feminine to attract men (or lesbians I guess?).
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not bad, and it's definitely not about what other people think.

You think shaving makes your leg look better, go with it. There are many, a LOT of women/men out there who like their men shaved and many that don't. But most importantly it's about what you think looks better.

The people that tell you it's "gay" obviously have never seen a gay bear (I will NOT include links :P) -AND- they might as well not shave their pubic hair either cause that makes them so manly. Having no leg hair makes you no less of a man than any other man.

Deleted
    Its enough men shave their beards but their legs too! Hair and it is, makes a man, a man! And ofcourse other personality stuff... but mainly the hair!

10+ Year Old Account
    Shave your legs. Don't shave you legs. Who cares? #yoloswag

(In all seriousness, why care about what other people/strangers think about your personal appearance? Do what you like).

unless you are a professional sports athlete there is no point in shaving them.

Chubby, flabby legs and/or very pale, cheesy complexion = better keep the hair
    healthy skin tone and defined physique = shaving can work

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    unless you are a professional sports athlete there is no point in shaving them.
    That's like saying there is no point in having a beard unless you're an orthodox priest or a wizard.
    Last edited by Vordie; 2013-08-20 at 10:56 AM.

Deleted
    Guys who aren't athletes shouldn't shave their legs imo. I find it to be extremely gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaving legs makes you more neotenous and removes a good chunk of the dominance factor that is crucial to obtaining bitchez. So yeah probably not a good idea. Unless you're trying to be obtained

waste of time to shave - rather use that time to play video games

As a man, I don't mind my legs having hair on them... looks fine and natural to me....
    Refering to the pic, I find the non-shaved leg to be better looking for a man than the shaved one... but it's not a big deal eitherway.
    Assuming one is really bothered with the hair on his legs, I don't see what's the problem in shaving it off... but tbh, that's a weird thing to obsesse about... nobody cares about leg hair unless you're extremley hairy in an unnatural way..

I'm ussualy attracted to women who are attracted to manly men.
    May be old fashioned, maybe even sexist but I like to show off I am a real man and attract women who look very feminine.

Furthermore I see no reason to shave my legs for my own benefit.

When other guys do it I'm not too bothered by it but it does make you look less manly in my opinion.

Semi off topic: It's always bothered me that most men in movies are fully shaved.
    There's a rough tough man surviving on an island for the past 10 years.. with shaved legs and chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, if a guy does or doesn't, don't really care too much. I'd prob just assume he's athletic or some other reason of is own. If it's an average amount I don't see too much of a point, though if a guy was blessed with thick carpeting and wasn't comfortable with it I could understand wanting to.

Just be glad that if it's blazing hot out in the middle of summer and need to run to the store you wouldn't have to put on pants just because you haven't taken a razor to your legs recently enough. *sweats to death* lol

Please though, everyone should know how to use tweezers between the brows however... /public service announcement
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-08-20 at 10:12 AM.