Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Syria is so insignificant, it's not going to cause a world war lol.

everyone noes the outcomes of us shooting off nukes so no one wants to do it. I foresee wars being fought with soldiers and technology rather than with WMD. Drones are starting to become mass produced easier would not be to suprised to see robotic type things in the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    No one actually has the balls to launch a nuke. Not even the US. I don't think the world leaders want to commit suicide just yet.
    Having balls or not isn't the issue. Irrationality, destabilization, fanaticism etc are the biggest problems we currently face. If a nuclear exchange occurs it will most likely be between India and Pakistan. With Russia and China you can apply/assume some sort of rational behavior. That's not true when it comes to Pakistan/India.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    Pht - the US is in the process of collapsing its dollar anyway with unsustainable deficit spending, unfunded liabilities, devaluation, and inflation. There's no need to start wars in Iraq and Syria to prevent the dollar from collapsing. Just stand back and let Obamacare do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post

Can you provide a counterexample? I know they've been attacked, invaded, occupied (Iran-Iraq War, WWII, WWI) and suffered from civil unrest, but I'm not aware of Iran attacking any other country in centuries.
    War by Proxy, since Everyone likes to point out when the US does it, you should realize when other nations do it as well.

Iranian Agents have attacked the following list of nations, on some occasions they do this fairly often.

India, Israel, United States, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Lebanon, Argentina, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Soviet Union, Russian Republic, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Turkey, and Panama. I'm sure there is more, but I stopped reading though the list.

Granted each of these attacks were done by Terrorists funded by Iran, only India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Lebanon have actually seen Iranian trained soldiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    Pht - the US is in the process of collapsing its dollar anyway with unsustainable deficit spending, unfunded liabilities, devaluation, and inflation. There's no need to start wars in Iraq and Syria to prevent the dollar from collapsing. Just stand back and let Obamacare do it.
    I think the more prominent issue is people so desperate to see their misinformed opinions vindicated that they won't do anything to attempt to stop the supposed "slide into collapse" - such as yourself, for instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Pakistan/India.
    People have been saying that for 20 years, I am sure nether nation will.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the idea of the 3rd World War is incorrect, since the actual Third World war was the Cold War, that war ended in 1990. So if anything we are looking at the Second Cold War, or World War 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    It's almost like it's some third tier-country on the periphery. History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

World war 3 probably won't happen. The cold war never ended and we're only going to keep seeing proxy wars by the major powers. And no one will be held responsible for their actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    It's almost like it's some third tier-country on the periphery. History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
    Honestly, Russia, China, and Iran warned the US not to Invade Iraq.

But lets look into it closer, China which is now the worlds largest manufacture of trade goods, and is the unholy combination of Marx and Capitalism in such a way that only China could balance, if they took offense at the US invading Syria, would they jeopardize their entire economy to retaliate? Or will they opt to the typical response of "America you bad nation, we raise your price for trade good now." (sorry for the broken egrish sentence but it is meant for humor and to make a point that China might openly disagree, but all they will do is raise the price to the US by about 1%.)

As for Russia, they will in typical Russian manner act insulted that the US took out another Russian trade partner, publicly they will denounce the US, while asking for a raise in aid because the Olympics are costing too much.

The end result, the US will destroy Bashar al-Assad and his people, we will kept troops on the ground for a couple of years, unless Turkey agrees to help, when the dust clears everyone will still hate the American Foreign policy, including Americans, Iranians will rally to destroy the Anti-Christ America, Hamas will attack Israel and Blame America, and nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    This forum - indeed every forum I've ever been a part of, routinely gets "This will start World War III?!?!" or "Who Would Win in a Major War" threads.

I think they're all made by very insecure teenagers who want to know when the world will blow up, so they can further avoid confronting their insecurities. People with responsibilities and bills to pay generally don't sit around worrying about if The US can take Russia+China+North Korea+blah+blah+blah in a Nukefest / Tank Battle / Naval battle.

Deleted
    They all need my country so no bombs for us.
    Ima just buy some popcorn and watch the fireworks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    This forum - indeed every forum I've ever been a part of, routinely gets "This will start World War III?!?!" or "Who Would Win in a Major War" threads.

I think they're all made by very insecure teenagers who want to know when the world will blow up, so they can further avoid confronting their insecurities. People with responsibilities and bills to pay generally don't sit around worrying about if The US can take Russia+China+North Korea+blah+blah+blah in a Nukefest / Tank Battle / Naval battle.
    I would agree, if it wasn't for the insane fact I'm 42, my father is 65 and he talks about similar concepts all the time. He is convinced that the war of Armageddon is coming soon, and it will start with the US invasion of Iran. His proof is the bible, and even though I can prove to him his prophecies are so vague that I can make them fit over a 100 wars in history he is convinced.

So I see this tin foil hat stuff as thinly veiled attempts to get people to follow religious beliefs. By fitting things together to make what preachers say sound true. This way a preacher can call up a 'Secular' source as proof their prophecies are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    He is convinced that the war of Armageddon is coming soon, and it will start with the US invasion of Iran. His proof is the bible, and even though I can prove to him his prophecies are so vague that I can make them fit over a 100 wars in history he is convinced.
    my dad does this shit over some supposed nostradamas prophesy. except the "antichrist" is whoever just got elected president. he still prattles on about this nonsense regardless of how many times he gets the antichrist wrong, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

People have been saying that for 20 years, I am sure nether nation will.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the idea of the 3rd World War is incorrect, since the actual Third World war was the Cold War, that war ended in 1990. So if anything we are looking at the Second Cold War, or World War 4.
    I wasn't addressing the probability. I was saying if it were to happen it would be between them.

10+ Year Old Account
    World War III will not begin until my plans are ready for it to begin.
    Putin khuliyo

The only country ever to use nuclear weapons was and is the USA. The people here are beyond ignorant. whenever a fight breaks out somewhere and we interpose ourselves in it, or start it ourselves the ignoramuses here start chanting "just nuke em" or "we gave peace a chance, nuke em".

They're dumb enough to believe it wouldn't have world wide implications.

The reason iran and north korea want nuclear weapons is so america won't impose it's will upon them. pakistan and isreal have nuclear weapons for this sole reason. So they can deter their enemies.

The only country that will readily nuke, or moab bomb somebody out of existence is the USA. just ask hiroshima and nagasaki. Furthermore, ask the vietnamese, laos, and cambodia how fun agent orange was/is today.

Ask the middle east how goes it with the uranium depleted munitions have affected their children and environment. This has nothing to do with "it's war what do you expect". it has everything to do with america being morally bankrupt, imperialist, christian, and colonially capitalistic. As such, the only response other nations would have against nuclear america is after nuclear america nuked them. america will be the first to nuke everybody not the other way around.

Ask america to come to a nuclear arms treatise or an environmental treatise and see how fast they leave without signing anything. Greedy, destructive, usurping. That's the usa and we'll do anything to keep it going. moabs or nukes pick your poison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, Russia, China, and Iran warned the US not to Invade Iraq.

But lets look into it closer, China which is now the worlds largest manufacture of trade goods, and is the unholy combination of Marx and Capitalism in such a way that only China could balance, if they took offense at the US invading Syria, would they jeopardize their entire economy to retaliate? Or will they opt to the typical response of "America you bad nation, we raise your price for trade good now." (sorry for the broken egrish sentence but it is meant for humor and to make a point that China might openly disagree, but all they will do is raise the price to the US by about 1%.)

As for Russia, they will in typical Russian manner act insulted that the US took out another Russian trade partner, publicly they will denounce the US, while asking for a raise in aid because the Olympics are costing too much.

The end result, the US will destroy Bashar al-Assad and his people, we will kept troops on the ground for a couple of years, unless Turkey agrees to help, when the dust clears everyone will still hate the American Foreign policy, including Americans, Iranians will rally to destroy the Anti-Christ America, Hamas will attack Israel and Blame America, and nothing will change.
    This sounds like one of my Civ 5 sessions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    World War III will not begin until my plans are ready for it to begin.
    You're on a list now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    The only country that will readily nuke, or moab bomb somebody out of existence is the USA. just ask hiroshima and nagasaki. Furthermore, ask the vietnamese, laos, and cambodia how fun agent orange was/is today.
    So if I logically follow, you're also saying that the most likely country to wage a first-strike attack against the United States is Japan, right? Because everything in World War 2 is applicable to today. I guess that Poland better freak the hell out if Germany ever starts expanding its military, because Poland would obviously be one of their first targets. Also, Russia would also be best served to preemptively burn their farmland to stave off Hitler II's invasion.

I could go over how Hiroshima and Nagisaki were indeed thought to be legitimate war targets: that the generals and military personnel that thought it wasn't needed were of the minority opinion. But that's been done to death, and is irrelevant. We do not live in the mid 1940's.
    Ask america to come to a nuclear arms treatise or an environmental treatise and see how fast they leave without signing anything. Greedy, destructive, usurping. That's the usa and we'll do anything to keep it going. moabs or nukes pick your poison.
    And even if that were true, what are you going to try and do about it?

Jack shit. You just sit on the internet nation-bashing the US because they've become the whipping boy of history. Vietnam? Oh, never mind the shit the French did that actually STARTED the whole fiasco (including condoning the potential use of Atomic arms against Vietnamese forces attacking Dien Bien Phu.) The middle east? Are you forgetting what Russia rolled in and did a few decades ago?

We need to change the term from "soapboxing" to "armchairing"
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-08-29 at 02:48 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

People are forgetting China/Japan/Korea shit.

Now those Asians hate each other, as much Pakistan and India. For real, if the US backed out of that area, you can sure as bet that one of the Koreans would do something.