Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blood Elf druids are probably the race/class combination I'd like to see most, alongside undead paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see Belf druids since I personally hate the Horde race choices. Only reason I have an alliance character is because of Nelf Druids. I just hope that if they do make Belf druids that they use the raven model for flight form or at least a flight form with sit animations.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    your timeline is wrong

Druidism was already prominent before the sundering, Malfurion and the Druids were instrumental in the War the Ancients the the Highborne were not exiled until a couple 1000 years after that.

In WCII there is mention of rune stones created by High Elf Druids (it's an instrumental Horde-side quest line) and High Elf Rangers were using nature magic and have a deep connection to nature.

and finally, there was a Blood Elf experimenting with corrupted druidic magic in Tempest Keep in TBC, so yeah it DOES exist in the game.
    Your timeline is wrong. You haven't read War of the Ancients obviously, since in the novel it's quite clear that the only druid in Night Elf society at that point was Malfurion and partly Illidan. Malfurion didn't manage to get followers till AFTER the War, and the Highbourne were exiled a few years after, because they were so desperate to try and reclaim all that they had lost that they accidentally created a storm in Ashenvale, which lead to them being exiled.

Warcraft 2 the game doesn't matter anymore, the only lore from that period that truly matters is the lore found in such books as "Tides of Darkness" and "Beyond the Dark Portal", the games doesn't matter anymore.

And finally, a blood elf mage experimanting does *not* make him a druid. And as for the Rangers, we don't really know much of their skills in regards to nature magic, as it's a subject that was never really expanded upon.

So yeah, read the books, then come back to me.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-08-28 at 02:20 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Ergh... No. There are Night Elves wearing paladin armor yes, but they are NOT paladins.
    Is true, they are not paladins as we know it, cause they are using Elune's light instead of the normal light, just like the Night Elf priest use elune's light isntead of normal light, but in the end, is the same concept, with different source

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Night Elves playing arcane were punished with death
    The same treatment was reserved for some of our guild mages back in the first raiding tier of MoP.

Ergh... No. There are Night Elves wearing paladin armor yes, but they are NOT paladins.
    they use crusader strike and divine storm.

Deleted
    Back when I was Horde, I wanted Blood Elf Druids so badly. I don't really care about it anymore (unfortunately), but there are lore reasons that could support it that I always referred to.

- High Elves had keepers of the gardens, who preserved the nature of Quel'thalas. Why couldn't some have become Sin'dorei?

- Blood Elves actually seem quite caring for nature - they regret killing the wild creatures in Eversong, and they were allies of the treants once. That farstrider who sends you to kill the corrupted treants actually mourns their leader, whom she was once a dear friend of.

- There's the famous example of the botanists in The Botanica, which I don't need to describe.

- The farstriders use nature magic - Sylvanas was horrified by how she couldn't use her nature magic upon turning undead. That's why she created the dark rangers - a twisted form of the living rangers who had connections with nature. Why couldn't some use this command of nature to become a Druid?

- Perhaps they could find druidism a new source of power? Like, the eco-friendly counterpart of the Sunwell? :P

Did everyone forget about the blood elf druid boss in Botanica? It could eaasily be possible for blood elves to become druids, just twitch the lore a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I would've imagined the goblin to be neutral too, but there are more than one cartel, and eh, it's not like the Bilgewater were given a proper choice. And the Worgen? I dunno, I've seen quite a lot of avid fans.

- - - Updated - - -

The Goblins who were part of the Horde during the Second War were from a different cartel than the Bilgewater, they were from the Steamwheedle Cartel.

- - - Updated - - -

The Sunwalkers never took any sort of inspiration from the Night Elves, and why would they? The Night Elves revere the Moon and Elune, the Sunwalkers the Sun. Also, the Night Elves *have* "battle priests", they are called Priestess' of the Moon. And a Paladin isn't a battle priest either, that's more of a classic D&D Cleric.
    Do you even know how the human paladins came to be? Or the Tauren ones for that matter? Seems unlikely.
    'tis dialogue from pre cata between Aponi Brightmane and Tahu Sagewind may help you understand the latter:

"Tahu Sagewind says: All right, Aponi. I've enough on my mind to share. Have you ever spoken to the elves of Moonglade?
    Aponi Brightmane says: Not much.
    Tahu Sagewind says: The elves speak of a moon goddess, did you know? They put great stock in the light given by the moon.
    Aponi Brightmane says: Like Mu'sha.
    Tahu Sagewind says: Just like her. The parallels I've heard are interesting. And it's no secret all druids, Shu'halo and elf alike, can call upon Mu'sha's light.
    Aponi Brightmane says: Where are you going with this?
    Tahu Sagewind says: I wonder. Hamuul has guided us well, and I've learned so much from. The legends say that our people were druids when time began...
    Aponi Brightmane says: I hear the "but" in your voice...
    Tahu Sagewind says: ...but what Hamuul teaches is what the elves know. The night elves. They put such stock in their moon goddess, as creatures of the night."

(rest of the Dialogue here http://wowpedia.org/Aponi_Brightmane)

This ended up with Tauren Priests and Paladins.

And as for the Human Paladins, the original in game paladins, here's the WC2 unit description

"By the time of the Second War, Archbishop Alonsus Faol had perceived that the pious Clerics of Northshire, who suffered such terrible attrition in the First War, were ill-suited for the dangers of combat. Along with many of the surviving Clerics of Northshire, he sought those of only the greatest virtue among the knighthood of Lordaeron and tutored them in the ways of magic. Led by the crusading Uther the Lightbringer, it now rested upon the new paladins — christened the Knights of the Silver Hand — to heal the wounds sustained in combat and to restore faith in the promise of freedom from Orcish tyranny."

They pretty much got some priests, put them on some plates and gave them combat training. Then the Paladins came to be....

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    they use crusader strike and divine storm.
    They do not, they use re-named versions of said abilities. Besides, that doesn't matter, as these soldiers you fight, you fight aprox. 10.000 years before the creation of the first Paladin Order of Azeroth (Knights of the Silver Hand).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    What a useless comment.

And OP,druid blood elf seems a bit wrong,at least for me anyway.
    Actually, it's a really useful comment, since it's true. Never in a million years would Blood Elves transform into animals to do the dirty work.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do not, they use re-named versions of said abilities. Besides, that doesn't matter, as these soldiers you fight, you fight aprox. 10.000 years before the creation of the first Paladin Order of Azeroth (Knights of the Silver Hand).
    Paladins is just a title, because paladins were created in the way after that doesn't mean they didn't existed in the past..., they could have existed and not have been called paladins

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Do you even know how the human paladins came to be? Or the Tauren ones for that matter? Seems unlikely.
    'tis dialogue from pre cata between Aponi Brightmane and Tahu Sagewind may help you understand the latter:

"Tahu Sagewind says: All right, Aponi. I've enough on my mind to share. Have you ever spoken to the elves of Moonglade?
    Aponi Brightmane says: Not much.
    Tahu Sagewind says: The elves speak of a moon goddess, did you know? They put great stock in the light given by the moon.
    Aponi Brightmane says: Like Mu'sha.
    Tahu Sagewind says: Just like her. The parallels I've heard are interesting. And it's no secret all druids, Shu'halo and elf alike, can call upon Mu'sha's light.
    Aponi Brightmane says: Where are you going with this?
    Tahu Sagewind says: I wonder. Hamuul has guided us well, and I've learned so much from. The legends say that our people were druids when time began...
    Aponi Brightmane says: I hear the "but" in your voice...
    Tahu Sagewind says: ...but what Hamuul teaches is what the elves know. The night elves. They put such stock in their moon goddess, as creatures of the night."

(rest of the Dialogue here http://wowpedia.org/Aponi_Brightmane)

This ended up with Tauren Priests and Paladins.

And as for the Human Paladins, the original in game paladins, here's the WC2 unit description

"By the time of the Second War, Archbishop Alonsus Faol had perceived that the pious Clerics of Northshire, who suffered such terrible attrition in the First War, were ill-suited for the dangers of combat. Along with many of the surviving Clerics of Northshire, he sought those of only the greatest virtue among the knighthood of Lordaeron and tutored them in the ways of magic. Led by the crusading Uther the Lightbringer, it now rested upon the new paladins — christened the Knights of the Silver Hand — to heal the wounds sustained in combat and to restore faith in the promise of freedom from Orcish tyranny."

They pretty much got some priests, put them on some plates and gave them combat training. Then the Paladins came to be....
    Of course I know that, and the conversation you linked prooves that they didn't take inspiration from the Night Elves, if anything they did the opposite by saying how the Night Elves are in fact wrong, and how the tauren DRUIDISM is based upon the Night Elf druidism, which only involves Elune and the Moon, where as Tahu here is basically saying that there is more to being a druid than the Moon and Elune, thus the order of the SUNwalkers and the Seers.

And yes, the Order of the Silver Hand consisted of clerics with warrior training, your point? A Paladin still isn't a "battle-priest" as such, that's a cleric - classic D&D'esque fantasy rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Actually, it's a really useful comment, since it's true. Never in a million years would Blood Elves transform into animals to do the dirty work.
    They already are warriors, i'm pretty sure they do many dirty's work in that way

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Paladins is just a title, because paladins were created in the way after that doesn't mean they didn't existed in the past..., they could have existed and not have been called paladins
    It's more than a title, it's an order with unique traditions and doctrines and beleifs.

the point is, that night elves clearly had the ability to be paladins at one point. there's no reason they couldn't take up the abilities again.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Did everyone forget about the blood elf druid boss in Botanica? It could eaasily be possible for blood elves to become druids, just twitch the lore a bit.
    No one forgot him, so far, he's been mentioned on every page in this thread...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Blizz would let BE's be druids so badly, I would come back if they would.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    the point is, that night elves clearly had the ability to be paladins at one point. there's no reason they couldn't take up the abilities again.
    Clearly? Hardly. Random mobs in an instance use random abilities which are paladin abilities that were slightly reworked - proves nothing. We have Orc Priests and Mage in instances such as HFP, and that was before the orcs could be mages, and so far, there still aren't any orc priests. Mobs found in instances means nothing and are proof of nothing other than the designers re-use abilities.

There has NEVER been any mention of male, holy Night Elf warriors of Elune. It wasn't until vanilla that male night elves were even allowed to join the Priesthood of Elune, and only just recently during Cataclysm were they allowed to join the Sentinels as serve as soldiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if they allow gnome druids