Deleted

What's wrong with me and my computer? :O

Hey guys so I'm just doing some work infront of the computer and I have my monitor set to go dimmer after 1 minute of inactivity... And I noticed that everytime it dims, my right ear starts to ring (The sort of noise you get from listening to music too loud for a long period of time then take them out, like a very high frequency noise) and I tested 5 times and exactly everytime my computer monitor dims, my right ear starts going weird, then I take move the mouse - and it's gone O_o
    Really bizarre... anyone know anything about this? Had it happen before?
    My computer is an imac btw (Windows 7 installed on it inb4 all the h8 thxbye)

Deleted
    Does it happen with anybody elses computer?

Deleted
    Only just noticed it with this one, keeps happening though it's really weird

Deleted
    Clearly it's the CIA messin' with yo brain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    Clearly it's the CIA messin' with yo brain.
    Haha anno it's not such a big deal it's just pretty weird >.< And I'm a sucker for weird shyt. ^^

Sounds like a bad capacitor is getting just the right situation once the monitor enters a dimmed state causing it to whine which sounds like ears ringing. Reason for your right early only ringing may be because your left hear can not hear the frequency of the sound emitted by a bad capacitor.

There's a component in your monitor that's emitting a high frequency that you're able to hear, most likely bad caps, but it could be others.

Make sure there's nothing with magnets or things like that near your monitor, there are also a bunch of ways this can possibly be fixed by changing settings on your monitor, I won't list them as you can just google it.

Go into power options and set "Turn Off The Display" to "Never".

If changing settings doesn't fix it, then try using a different monitor if possible and see if it persists.

http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/...-hearing-test/