Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    Exactly. It's like Rugby -- You kick seven shades of shit out of each other and then buy each other a beer afterwards and laugh it off.
    Sounds like me and the neighbour discussing who cuts the hedge this year

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    http://www.thelocal.se/49914/20130828/

I was wondering when that school was going to be closed down, there's been people saying such things has been going on there for year after year with the staff not really doing anything about it. There's some articles linked in the linked article that should give you a hint as to what's happened there, not everything but some of it such as this:

Does hazing happen to this degree in a lot of private schools or just some? What does it look like for private schools in other countries?

It seems to me as if other schools are doing relatively well compared to that specific school. I've been expecting it to be closed down for quite some time but it hasn't happened until now.. Gets kind of ridiculous when there's a movie that's partially based on what happened at that school and it still doesn't get brought to attention and investigated and proper action taken in a decent amount of time but it goes on year after year.
    I've listened to a former student of Lundsberg and he had a pretty different view to give than that of the mainstream media.
    This closing of the school is excessive and is mostly motivated by political pressure and opinion, not facts and reality.

This isn't as one-sided as the media makes it out to be and the school wasn't as bad as that either. Serious steps had been taken prior to this incident, like anti-bullying groups that Skolinspektionen thought were great.

What WAS needed, was that the entire staff and board should be replaced COMPLETELY.

This is very one-sided. There are a lot of public schools out there that are just as bad as Lundsberg, but they don't get this publicity or effective treatment. It's a bunch of BS to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    This is very one-sided. There are a lot of public schools out there that are just as bad as Lundsberg, but they don't get this publicity or effective treatment. It's a bunch of BS to me.
    The reason Lundsberg gets so much attention is because it's very likely that most people going there are going to end up running Sweden, being board members of major companies or similar things.

Also, I don't think Lundsberg will get closed permanently, considering many of the people that are in power in Sweden has attended the school.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I've listened to a former student of Lundsberg and he had a pretty different view to give than that of the mainstream media.
    This closing of the school is excessive and is mostly motivated by political pressure and opinion, not facts and reality.

This isn't as one-sided as the media makes it out to be and the school wasn't as bad as that either. Serious steps had been taken prior to this incident, like anti-bullying groups that Skolinspektionen thought were great.

What WAS needed, was that the entire staff and board should be replaced COMPLETELY.

I dont understand your post really, you acknowledge the problems and say that there are too few events to warrant closing the school?
    The board of education just finished their supervision of the school and the new term has barely started before two students gets burned with an iron and pseudo-water boarded.
    The school can't guarantee the safety of the students and hence they are forced to shut it down.

Doesn't matter how media report it or not the board of education spent months supervising the school and obviously not enough has been done.

Also why compare with public schools, it is a boarding school. They dont get to go home after the day and seek help or talk to the parents which limits the probability of abuses being noticed.
    They are stuck among their abusers so hell yea it is taken more seriously.

Slam dunk case to me.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-08-29 at 12:48 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Errr, what?
    Kancho is a prank played in Japan;[3] it is performed by clasping the hands together so the index fingers are pointing out and attempting to insert them sharply into someone's anal region when the victim is not looking

Deleted
    So, some news about stuff that happened there now:

http://www.thelocal.se/20131119/nine...-school-hazing

Nine students and one employee at prestigious Swedish boarding school Lundsberg have been charged for burning a 14-year-old boy with an iron in a hazing ritual in August.

All nine of the students were charged with making illegal threats, with two additionally charged with causing actual bodily harm (vållande till kroppsskada).

The school, which is the alma matter of Prince Carl Philip, was forced to close its doors temporarily following the hazing scandal, which saw one 14-year-old boy taken to hospital as his burns were so serious.

Police had initially labelled the crime as aggravated abuse.

The Swedish Prosecution Authority (Åklagarmyndigheten) wrote in a statement on Tuesday that the charges were filed after the students harassed four younger students and threatened to burn them with the iron.

"In my opinion, the threat was such that the plaintiffs felt serious fear for their personal safety. In any case, it was with ruthless behaviour that they molested these boys, all of whom were new at the school," Vice Chief Prosecutor Niclas Wargren said in a statement.

Besides the charged boys, all of whom were born in 1995, the school's house supervisor was also charged for complicity, as he knew about the hazing plan and had allowed it.

During the incident, the victims were told to lie on the floor and were made to believe they were about to be burnt with a hot iron. Some of them were then burned on their backs after one of the attackers said "Now this is going to hurt". The students responsible claimed they didn't intend to burn their fellow students, rather that they didn't think to check if the iron was still warm after it had been unplugged.

The incident did not mark the first time Lundsberg made headlines for students behaving badly. In May last year, students at the school spoke out after being forced into oral sex and eating manure and in 2011, a student had their nipples burned with an electric fly swatter.

Principal Staffan Hörnberg was sacked in the wake of the hazing scandal. The prestigious school reopened in early September and the decision to close it in the first place was criticized by an administrative court (förvaltningsrätten).
    Hope they'll get a sentence that'll actually affect them and not just something that is a pat on the shoulder and a "Don't do it again.".

Deleted
    Burning someone with a hot iron goes a little beyond a prank, hopefully they get punished harshly for it.

Deleted
    Hasn't that kind of stuff been going on at that school for generations? How come it's serious all of a sudden, when it's been going on for decades?

I mean, such matters should always be treated seriously, but why havn't they before?

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Hasn't that kind of stuff been going on at that school for generations? How come it's serious all of a sudden, when it's been going on for decades?

I mean, such matters should always be treated seriously, but why havn't they before?
    Because sociaty change with time and so does the values and what people find acceptable.
    Hazing has always been a tradition, it was quite rampant at the schools I went to. The introduction and indoc when I started uni was soft compared to my high school.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...