MMO Champ ads defeating ABP

I use AdBlock Plus on Chrome and have had an ad-free experience on most websites including this one until yesterday, when FFXIV crap started plastering itself all over the sides and top of the main page. Anyone else having this problem? I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and that seemed to fix it for about 6 hours, but when I came back this afternoon I could see ads again. :-/

I use ABP and Chrome. No ads here.

open up adblock and manually update, this happens to me from time to time and doing that fixes it

Deleted
    No ads here, just you I think.

Deleted
    Hi there Treima6, have you recently installed any new software? The only reason I ask is because it keeps appearing and this could be because there is a file on your computer have a hunt around see if you can see any Add ons etc, also do a virus check at the same time. It doesn't hurt. Hope it goes away soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bargiddle View Post
    open up adblock and manually update, this happens to me from time to time and doing that fixes it
    This could also be an issue, maybe try uninstall the add on then re-download it

This strikes me as particularly disrespectful to be discussing here, no?
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

Deleted
    It was just to make sure the system in discussion doesn't have any bugs on causing interruption of Adblock.

I actually stopped using Chrome because of how crappy it's pop-up blocker is. It's one of the only times I'd say that IE is better.

Your problem is using ABP. Join the NoScript Master Race and never have to worry about ads again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    This strikes me as particularly disrespectful to be discussing here, no?
    Not really. While the community here is awesome, this site has had numerous runs of malicious ads compromising people's systems. Not to mention how obtrusive some of them are.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

sounds like you have an ad-ware or malware on your computer giving you those adds, I haven't updated mine in a long time, and I never see adds.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Adblock still works for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using Adblock plus on firefox, ad (and virus) free. Maybe if they can secure their site a bit more and screen the ads in a way to prevent malicious garbage, I might unblock them.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Works fine, as well. Although, I was surprised when I clicked a video on Youtube yesterday and an add popped up. I refreshed the page and then it's gone. Using ABP, of course.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"