Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevii View Post
    I tried to eat spider mines with Dampen Harm on Iron Juggernaut as WW & I just got completely destroyed. Guild had a good laugh.
    Our misweaver does it just fine, and lots of other people with only a 50% cd. Sure you weren't low already or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevii View Post
    I tried to eat spider mines with Dampen Harm on Iron Juggernaut as WW & I just got completely destroyed. Guild had a good laugh.
    I wonder if WW can ToK the damage from the mine back to the boss.. if its close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    I wonder if WW can ToK the damage from the mine back to the boss.. if its close enough.
    This is how I sponge a mine if our tank is slacking.

Does ring of peace silent Embodied Gloom in heroic The Fallen Protector?

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    Does ring of peace silent Embodied Gloom in heroic The Fallen Protector?
    Never tried, i just spear hand strike it and drag it into our kill pile then a rotation of interrupters get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated everything I see recently. Should have the display rebuilt on MonksHit.com (just redirects atm) rather than my old guild's site this weekend. Also should have it setup to automatically update the first post with any updates to the site rather than me manually syncing them.

If there's stuff in other threads that I haven't caught, linking from this one to those posts is helpful.

Tips that I might've mentioned in another thread but figured they'd apply here as well:

Malkorok - stack some mastery, get the vial of living corruption (somewhat tricky without this trinket, the blood rages are exactly 2:47 apart), and just solo tank the blood rage portion. Especially with 4pT16, healers can just dps and dispel during this portion, and the lack of movement for the rest of your raid will contribute far more raid dps than any crit gearing you bring. PS: 1.1 million vengeance by the time you're done = super fun for the next 20 seconds.

Thok - stand in front of the boss even while you're not tanking for further tank debuffs (works best in the first phase 1.) You take more damage = more vengeance, and with decent amounts of mastery + fort brew, you're more or less still unkillable. Spikes of around 1 mil dps for the first couple of minutes is not unheard of

Siegecrafter - glyph guard & abuse diffuse magic + zen med to take more tank debuffs than you should - an order like tank A A A B A B A B B B B is what we used. Get your debuff stack high enough (4+ in normal, 5+ in heroic) and you should be able to just zerg through the shredder add while it's getting healed (for more effective cleave.)
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-09-26 at 06:29 PM.

Deleted
    How much mastery did you have to do that, without getting oneshot by him (Malkorok)?

The hardest he'll cleave for in 25H is 8.35 mil damage per swing.

-25% Brewmaster passive = 6.26 mil damage
    -20% Fort brew = 5.01 mil damage
    -10% Weakened blows = 4.5 mil damage

To be healable, you probably want to reduce that damage further to about 700k per hit.

700k/4.5 mil ~= 15% so you'll need about 85% stagger.

20 from ox stance, 20 from shuffle, 20 from fort brew, 8% from passive and raid buff = you need to supply about 17% stagger ~= 16k mastery rating.

That's not easy, but it's not terribly challenging either, especially when you can just go and grab an on-use mastery trinket like vaporshield medallion or lao chin's liquid courage which gives you ~4k on use.

Obviously, calling out externals during the rampage would further reduce mastery needed, but then you have to deal with other peoples' mistakes plus you need to be concentrating at a decent level to purify each hit before stagger ticks once (you're staggering 3mil+ damage, a tick + next swing likely = death).

Deleted
    Thank you for the input / numbers.

Malkorok Normal, used FB/Guard and then Zen Med for both of our Blood Rages solo. was pretty easy to say the least. Mastery reforges/crit gems, tank meta/dps cloak. 10k crit, 9k mastery, 622k hp, all unbuffed. I did receive vengeance from this and got up to roughly 422k AP. So just kept him after both Blood Rages and used EB/Guard till the high vengeance dropped. I do not know if this will work on heroic, but wanted to get this thread and the website link updated.

Damn it, Daught just beat me with his post a little above, but at least I provide a different look via 10m.
    Last edited by Feawen; 2013-09-27 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Daught beat me

Deleted
    FYI, on heroic nazgrim, Grapple weapon gives you the buff but doesn't avoid the damage done by the sniper.

Quote Originally Posted by lairpie View Post
    Our misweaver does it just fine, and lots of other people with only a 50% cd. Sure you weren't low already or something?
    On heroic it will kill you, only thing you can take them with is with Zen Med.

Pop Zen, float next to it and click it.

As a cheatsheet, these are the values the use does on them:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=144791

School Damage (Physical)
    Value: 1218750 to 1281250
    Value: 1462500 to 1537500 - 10 Player (Heroic)
    Value: 1462500 to 1537500 - 25 Player (Heroic)
    Value: 633750 to 666250 - Looking For Raid
    Value: 853125 to 896875 - Flexible

Note that it's physical damage so you can't absorb it with anything else but Zen and Dampen Harm (though unless you use another CD/external CD it will still kill you).

Normal and heroic fallen protectors, you can pit clones on He and Rook, while interrupting sha sear on the caster boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    Normal and heroic fallen protectors, you can pit clones on He and Rook, while interrupting sha sear on the caster boss.
    Funny thing about Sha Sear though for those that haven't noticed, when you interrupt Sun she immediately starts another cast that takes about 1.5 seconds, there's no school lockout for her. You need like a 10 person interrupt rotation on Sun on 25 heroic if you actually want to keep her down.

Malkorok - TEB + Chi Burst can provide a lot of shield building to the raid.

Deleted
    These worked on 25man Heroic, so it is more than likely they will work on all other difficulties too.

- Diffuse Magic can be used to soak up the Orbs of Corruption from Essence of Y'Shaarj.
    Generally you can soak plenty more orbs using Diffuse Magic rather than Dampen Harm.

- Zen Meditation with Zen Meditation Glyphed can also be used to soak up the Orbs of Corruption from Essence of Y'Shaarj.

- Diffuse Magic can be used to remove the Displaced Energy debuff (without dealing AoE damage to allies). In Heroic difficulty this also removes the root.
    Normally other Dispels do not work, or cause Displaced Energy to deal AoE Damage, however Diffuse Magic appears to be different.
    Last edited by mmoc1212586755; 2013-10-07 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    This is actually a very good post
    Agreed.

I've been using zen sphere on Thok but chi burst does seem to be the better option since we're all stacked.

Deleted
    For Blackfuse: You can roll / FSK back from the assembly line back to the platform with the boss. The images for transcendence seem to sometimes despawn, sometimes not, when going to the line. So they're not that viable. And to SEF: SEF on the boss when going to the line doesn't work, it despawns as soon as you're on the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    The images for transcendence seem to sometimes despawn, sometimes not, when going to the line. So they're not that viable.
    Are you sure that's just not because of how transcendence works? (switching spots as opposed to how demonic circle stays in place)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    Are you sure that's just not because of how transcendence works? (switching spots as opposed to how demonic circle stays in place)
    Yes, I placed a new spirit every time I was going to the assembly line. I did test this some weeks ago, though. The last week I just rolled back. If it was a bug, they probably could have fixed it.