10+ Year Old Account

In the market for a new Comp. Orgin anygood?

I'm in the market for a new comp (Desktop computer mainly, laptop maybe?).. And let's be honest, I'm not all that tech savy even considering there are guides on how to build a computer. I just get lost every time.

I saw a video that swifty made (yeah I know..), about Origin PC computers. That they run very well, awesome parts considering price, best yet their costumer service. But that's only from what I looked up during and after I saw Swifty's video of Origin PC.

Has anyone bought anything from Origin PC, do you like what they offered, what was your overall experience?

Those who have looked up Origin, do you think they offer great computers for a great or standard price? Should I go for it? I've read that they'll actually help you over the phone when building your computer. Hmm..
    The cat is out of the bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt recommend any pre-built really. Origin... is.. expensive? Swifty probably got kickbacks for it. And I wouldn't recommend anything from swifty anyway >.>
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Ive heard good things on Origin. Never really dealt with them myself tho.

In terms of pricing, no not really good there. Like practically every Pre-built / chose your part they build it, company.. They tend to Over price their sells. I mean its a way how they also make profit.

If you got the money and really can not build a PC yourself, then go for whatever you feel is right. I used to be a Pre-Built buyer myself, Dealt with CyberPowerPC and they / the PC I got from them was/still is flawless. Just about 2 months ago tho I purchased parts and built my own PC from scratch spending about 2 hours watching Youtube guides. Very good knowing you know exactly what is going in, and how it goes in. for easy repairs / upgrades later on.

If something ever happens to your PC that you buy as a Pre-Built, shipping damage. or something as little as something fell out a socket. And you got no knowledge on what to do, would kinda suck. I'd personally recommend just watching a youtube video, this one is what i used to learn it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuzWUCXp5Ro very detailed guide. And then just make a budget post, buy the parts and build it yourself. Best bang for the buck

Thread moved to sub-forum.

1) Swifty is bad at games and he is sponsored for things he recommend.
    2) Origin is not crap, but they are not an option that gives you good value for your money spent.
    3) Building for yourself might be scary, but it is so satisfactory when you do it right (and you will do it right). Asking for help is a great idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tetris pretty well said it but in general anyone who uses a WS board with dual xeon's and quad sli titan's for gaming... their opinion on computer parts is completely and totally invalid.

Building a computer is no harder than building with lego, if you make a post we can help you tailor a build. Hell even if you order the parts and find a local shop to put it together for $100 you get better value then buying prebuilt (without the 50 bloatware apps that slow a machine from the get go).
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210