Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    There isn't a man in the last 100 years who has had the vocal diversity that Freddy Mercury had.

Edit: I could give other reasons, but I might start a nerd rage war or something.
    even freddie knew it wasn't just about singing, he was also a performer. elvis was the original though.

Freddie Mercury. Elvis was an ass hooking up with a 14 year old child.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Pppfff there is only one choise , just look at this http://i.imgur.com/2zN6yvf.jpg

Comparing these two is like saying "Peanut Butter, or Jelly?" You just can't. Both iconic music legends. You should have pitted them against "musicians" of this generation. seriously, try and find one, and no Nicki Donky or Justin Beaver or musicians. Can't even write music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bohemian Rhapsody nuff said

I dislike them both equally. So, I guess my vote goes to neither because they're both pretty bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Freddie, why no poll?

This is mostly just going to show the age of posters more then which singer was better. This will be like the Babe Ruth Ty Cobb comparison in baseball. Until about 1950 Ty Cobb was just about unanimously considered the best baseball player of all time. Then the kids that grew up idolizing Ruth got into the mix and even though neither had played in several years it quickly swung to Babe Ruth. Elvis was a trail blazer and was one of a few people that created the way singers/bands delivered their music to people. You can take away who was better or not and just based on the fact Elvis was making it up as he went along it would be hard not to vote for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schicklgruber View Post
    even freddie knew it wasn't just about singing, he was also a performer. elvis was the original though.
    If you don't think Elvis was a performer then you should look into him a bit more.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    Elvis' cultural and social impact through WW2 and after war cannot be compared.
    I knew he was good but thats impressive! He was only 10 when the war finished

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Elvis could take him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I should elaborate a little more. Elvis, without a doubt, was more INFLUENTIAL. Although if I had to compare Elvis's songwriting and singing abilities to Freddie Mercury, then Freddie would win hands down in my opinion.

Freddies my hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Not that Queen wasn't a great band, but there's no contest really. Elvis was clearly the most iconic and influential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I would have to say Elvis, no matter how much I like Queen. But Elvis was HUGE

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdoZEmiNXJY

he is not from this world.

Deleted
    Don't really like any of them, but I'd vote Mercury I guess.

kinda obvious its freddie

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Elvis was marketed well, and did a ton for "rock". Mercury was a fucking god.

I am by no means a elvis fan AT ALL, so it's no contest. Mercury was a star that burned so bright, and burnt out far too fast. I often wonder what would have happened if him and/or hendrix had lived longer...

Freddie Mercury was literally a musical god, Elvis was so overrated, its really not funny. Don't get me wrong he had some good moves, and a lot of great (stolen) songs, though.
    Last edited by Xyanide; 2013-08-30 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Not that Queen wasn't a great band, but there's no contest really. Elvis was clearly the most iconic and influential.
    Elvis may have had a larger impact that's unquestionable, but Freddie was a real talent. Elvis was a guy who started a cultural revolution because he copied others without fame and brought it to the mainstream. Ford didn't invent the automobile but he brought it to the masses. Theres very little chance of someone having an impact on entertainment like Elvis or the Beatles had because of the time frame. They existed in the right moment when a vast amount of changes where happening world wide.

Being influential is more about timing then greatness. Cultural and technology are evolving faster then ever in our history. If we reach a point were that stops and it stagnates for several generations only then can a new artist become so revolutionary again. It doesn't mean theres not better people out there. The timing is just wrong.