Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    My head hurts only thinking about choosing between the both of them but if i realy need to i go for Elvis ofc freddie and queen was a very good band but the music of elvis touches me more eventho im from neither generations my parents use to listen too elvis when i was young.

[edit] Actualy its pointless to do a elvis vs freddie coz both of them are from a different generation the older people will say elvis and the younger generation will say freddie and most people on this website are from neither of those generations.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2013-09-02 at 03:17 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a silly comparison, since Freddie himself admired Elvis.
    Crazy little thing called love... Freddie wrote the song as a tribute to Elvis.

And btw. The day has arrived.. Released today. The entire Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert on DVD.
    I've been waiting for this for so long. Seen the concert live on TV that day it happened. And ever since I wanted to get it in full length and top quality..
    http://www.queenonline.com/en/news-a...itive-edition/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Having the most record sales does not make an artist the best. For one thing, don't forget that Elvis has a good 30 years head-start on Queen when it comes to selling records.
    And Elvis doesn't go through the kind of self destruction committed by May and Taylor.
    I'm a hardcore Queen fan, since the early days. I have every single album bought when it was released, from the first to the last. And yet, I find it outright disgusting how May and Taylor are milking the legacy of Queen. I would agree with every homage paid to Freddie. I was already confused when they started touring with Paul Rodgers, whom I admire too for his voice and works with Free and Bad Company. But Adam Lambert? Seriously? I am totally disgusted about that bullshit. That isn't paying homage, that's milking the cow, and an insult to Freddie as well..
    Why am I saying this? Because I know I am not alone, and there are tons of Queen fans who are pissed off at them, and turn their back on them because of it.

Praise to Led Zeppelin in that regard... When John Bonham died, the band called it quit.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-09-02 at 03:40 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

And btw. The day has arrived.. Released today. The entire Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert on DVD.
    I've been waiting for this for so long. Seen the concert live on TV that day it happened. And ever since I wanted to get it in full length and top quality..

- - - Updated - - -

And Elvis doesn't go through the kind of self destruction committed by May and Taylor.
    I'm a hardcore Queen fan, since the early days. I have every single album bought when it was released, from the first to the last. And yet, I find it outright disgusting how May and Taylor are milking the legacy of Queen. I would agree with every homage paid to Freddie. I was already confused when they started touring with Paul Rodgers, whom I admire too for his voice and works with Free and Bad Company. But Adam Lambert? Seriously? I am totally disgusted about that bullshit. That isn't paying homage, that's milking the cow, and an insult to Freddie as well..
    Why am I saying this? Because I know I am not alone, and there are tons of Queen fans who are pissed off at them, and turn their back on them because of it.

Praise to Led Zeppelin in that regard... When John Bonham died, the band called it quit.
    That's the only thing Zeppelin did right. Fuck jimmy Page, his best skill was stealing other peoples music quite fitting for a thread involving Elvis.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    That's the only thing Zeppelin did right. Fuck jimmy Page, his best skill was stealing other peoples music quite fitting for a thread involving Elvis.
    I guess by that logic, Clapton and every other white blues rocker was stealing other people's music too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I guess by that logic, Clapton and every other white blues rocker was stealing other people's music too.
    No not at all. Theres a huge difference between making similar music to some one else and flat out copying them lyric for lyric and note for note. There is several easy to find examples of Zeppelin doing this maybe change the tempo or a word here or there but completely copying some one else song.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    No contest your talking 2 different generations
    Yes I know, not a fair comparison and I was expecting the current result, but I thought it could be nice to see what people thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I find it worth to bump this up.

- - - Updated - - -

C'mon peopel, post your favorite songs!

Freddie is the best vocal singer / frontman ever.

Hmmmm now this is a tough one. These two are from two totally different generations of music, and both are certified legends of rock music. Freddie was the front man of Queen, but Elvis was, and is, the King. To be perfectly honest? I don't like one better than the other. I love them both for different reasons, because they were different types of performers. Elvis was a solo act that had a backup band. Freddie was part of a group, the other members of Queen were more than just a backup band. That may sound like a cheating answer but it's the best I can come up with, and the most honest.

As for songs?

For Elvis: Burnin' Love, and In the Ghetto (what? I like the song, sue me)

From Freddie: Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy and Don't Stop Me Now and Princes of the Universe
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Deleted
    Hmm. It's not fair to pitch two giants against each other like this. Especially two quite different ones. Queen are my favourite band and Elvis is my favour solo artist. But, if I had to pick the best of the two. It has to be Freddie. Not only did Freddie's voice have more range and flexibility (allowing him to sing a variety of melodic and artistic styles and still sound natural and strong (compare Mustapha and Doing Alright for example or just the variety in The Millionaire Waltz)), but Freddie was also an immeasurably more prolific and creative song-writer than Mr. Presley. Sure, Elvis co-wrote a couple of his earlier songs, but he never left his Rock'n'Roll comfort zone.

They were both equally powerful entertainers and showmen though, I feel. I think Elvis has the edge on Freddie in terms of raw coolness and sex appeal however. Just look at his '68 Comeback Special full-leather attire. Very few men could pull that off and make it look so boss.

My Melancholy Blues is one of my favourite examples of why I enjoy Freddie's singing so much. It's got so much soul. It feels like one of the most public displays of off-stage Freddie to me and as such, it's really powerful: