Nintendo Characters Who Could Qualify for Limbo?

So, probably a bit of a strange title but here's the deal: I want to get a tattoo on my leg leading through all 9 circles of hell according to The Divine Comedy, or as some of you may have seen represented in the game "Dante's Inferno" when it was released a few years ago.

The twist is each circle rather than being dark and grusome will be "animated" with some effort of humor, all reprsented by classic game characters (mostly from the nintendo universe, but really any from back in the day as I'm going for an animated style over a realistic style).

I'll be doing the tat in 3 segments, each having 3 circles. So 2 weeks from now I'm looking to get the first 3 circles done. I need help with the first circle however since I can't really think of a character that fits the "requirements" to be tossed into Limbo.

The definition as per dante:
    The concept of Limbo--a region on the edge of hell (limbus means "hem" or "border") for those who are not saved even though they did not sin--exists in Christian theology by Dante's time, but the poet's version of this region is more generous than most. Dante's Limbo--technically the first circle of hell--includes virtuous non-Christian adults in addition to unbaptized infants. We thus find here many of the great heroes, thinkers, and creative minds of ancient Greece and Rome as well as such medieval non-Christians as Saladin, Sultan of Egypt in the late twelfth century, and the great Islamic philosophers Avicenna (Ibn Sina) and Averroës (Ibn Rushd). For Dante, Limbo was also the home of major figures from the Hebrew Bible, who--according to Christian theology--were "liberated" by Jesus following his crucifixion (see Harrowing of Hell).
    Src: http://danteworlds.laits.utexas.edu/circle1.html.

I can't really think of a game character that fits that exactly; it'd obviously have to be a character that either directly has something to do with God or has no affiliations with any gods whatsoever. (e.g. the concept of any kind of god isn't brought up in their games).

What I've got so far for the first 3:

1. Limbo: ???

2. Lust: Peach and Daisy blowing a kiss to Mario and Luigi.

3. Gluttony: Kirby sucking up everything and anything. (probably mostly the "powerups" from Smash Bros and Kirby's games, maybe a few Shyguys and Waddle-dee's for good measure ;p)

Suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems like a bad idea.

Deleted
    Geed: Mario, he is on a quest to save his love one, but he stop to pick up coins.

Treachery: The guy who say "the princess is in a another castle" Obviously he know about a secret rut to the castles because he is always a step before Mario, but he do not tell Mario about them.

The concepts of gods are actually brought up in Legend of Zelda, so there's probably something to be found there.

And just as a little note, the true gluttons of Nintendo are Wario and King Dedede, though Kirby still works :P

So, like Botticelli but with video game characters? Interesting concept, have you been reading Dan Brown's Inferno by any chance ? :P
    Limbo is tricky indeed, since I doubt any video game character can portray the Original Sin.
    What about Dante? (the video game character). Not a portrayal of the original concept, but since its the first circle, it could be a homage to Dante Alighieri .

EDIT: Woops, just noticed you said NINTENDO not GAME characters, my bad. Morning coffee, please!
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2013-08-31 at 08:21 AM.

I think a decent choice for Limbo would be Kid Icarus. He would fit your criteria of having something to do directly with God seeing as he's an angel.

chibi robo for limbo.

greed should be wario

pikmin should also be used for wrath, preferably red pikmin.

heresay should be ghirahim, gannondorf or demise.

blasphemy should be ratatta (my rattata is in the top percentage of all rattata!)

fraud should be sudowoodo

treachery should be tingle
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfyre27 View Post
    I think a decent choice for Limbo would be Kid Icarus. He would fit your criteria of having something to do directly with God seeing as he's an angel.
    He's actually called Pit. Sorry, just felt like pointing out, always nudges me the wrong way whenever I hear main characters just being called whatever the series is called. Either way, Pit's not a bad choice.

also i think jigglypuff would be a funnier choice for lust
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552