Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    I used to love to pile up my gold. I stocked it into the millions. I watched markets and played the AH.

Then one day I realized it's just an imaginary currency in a fantasy game.

There's absolutely ZERO reason to stockpile it. It means nothing in the real world.

So, I started buying mounts, gear, pets, whatever I wanted. It doesn't matter. It's so easy to make. Enjoy it, don't stockpile it.
    The mounts, gear, pets and whatever are also imaginary objects in a fantasy game. The same way you think there's zero reason to stockpile it, I think there's zero reason to spend it. Not that I have millions of gold; I'm sitting at 200k. Any gold above that I can spend, but I will not touch that 200k. I don't know, I hate spending gold. It seems the more I have, the less I wanna spend it.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    i hate spending gold & will try & do anything not to. i transfered my priest to a friends realm a few months ago with about 20k & a few bits i could sell on my new realm. im now sitting at 125k & still refuse to spend my gold on anything other than the enchants or gems i may need. im so tight i even use guild repairs when raiding so i dont have to spend any of my own & i still only have 280% flying. again, im too tight to spend the gold on 310% lol

I have like 210k between all my characters right now. Not really spending them outside of essentials (gems, enchants, 310 mount, 600 professions on every lvl90).

I would buy mount but i don't really like any of those available... I did get the bike back in WotLK (first on the server actually, payed a friend to level engineering :P) and vial of the sands... I will be getting myself the Sky Golem ASAP after 5.4 hits.

I got quite a lot of cash, I used to do these 1-2 hour farming sessions by farming ore, herbs, farming random mobs with pot on, doing a few dungeons on my war tank also net me almost 1k an hour if I was doing pre made group.

Now days I just made a guild got some mates to help me get it to 25 then randomly invite people, with like 500+ members and about 90-100 on each day you get quite a lot of cash automaticly.
    Just this week people have donated close to 50k to my gb, because I boosted them free of charge and made them have fun in my guild. 3 months ago I helped one guy kill Kael Thas in tk and he got mount, he donated 100k to my gb because he was so glad.

So I don't need to farm intensively and got like 900k total with my gb and personal stack, but as you I don't got anything to use it on however I do want to buy a swift spectral tiger but it's mostly up on ah for 999999g so missing a bit and it's kinda not good to use your entire stack of gold on 1 item lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I got quite a lot of cash, I used to do these 1-2 hour farming sessions by farming ore, herbs, farming random mobs with pot on, doing a few dungeons on my war tank also net me almost 1k an hour if I was doing pre made group.

Now days I just made a guild got some mates to help me get it to 25 then randomly invite people, with like 500+ members and about 90-100 on each day you get quite a lot of cash automaticly.
    Just this week people have donated close to 50k to my gb, because I boosted them free of charge and made them have fun in my guild. 3 months ago I helped one guy kill Kael Thas in tk and he got mount, he donated 100k to my gb because he was so glad.

So I don't need to farm intensively and got like 900k total with my gb and personal stack, but as you I don't got anything to use it on however I do want to buy a swift spectral tiger but it's mostly up on ah for 999999g so missing a bit and it's kinda not good to use your entire stack of gold on 1 item lol.

Psst

Guild bank gold is not your gold. It's the guild's.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Uh yeah, especially as the guild bank is not your personal bank.

I accumulate it very slowly as I don't really know how to make it, or at least make it outside of dailies. I'm not a professions person, never have been. Got 600 jewelcrafting after my mate made loads of money with it in Wrath but gems are selling for less than what they were back then.

Anyway, recently spent a large portion of what I have on 30 Living Steel and 300 Ghost Iron Bars for Sky Golem mount. Made 3k back since then, though it's been like a month now. Here's to hoping they don't add Orb of Mystery to the recipe, but I guess I can just sell the re-sell the mats.

sitting at cap gaining interest...oh wait, we STILL dont have that ingame >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Gotten crafted gear and MoP BoEs for all my 85s, even tho i haven started to lvl 3 of em (spent a lot of on lower lvl BoEs when they were low lvl)
    Pets, sometimes i go on a rampage buying mats for like 300 flasks whenever its alot of cheap herbs so i got "some" in stock
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I will Go all Scrooge mode and spend only on the bare essentials while stockpiling up heeps of the stuff.

Then when I make it to a amount here I feel I am rich (last time I had 100k) I will become far looser with it, and buy any pet that I think will become rare later or various mounts. And normally completely abandon making gold until I fall below a point where I feel I can no longer be frivolous without losing my buying power to get more (around 20-30k for me).

Then I turtle up and go Scrooge mode again.

Deleted
    I've been hovering around 150-250k since Cataclysm. Main income is alt leveling and selling pets (I don't care about vanity stuff). I can craft pretty much everything I need, and only spend gold on mats cause I cba to farm them.

Over the course of every expansion, i go from 30k-500k, it really fluctuates... Once I have a lot, i stop bothering doing anything, i waste money buying gems/flasks instead of making the,

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly spend it on Enchants / gear/ gems for all my characters. Sometimes Tmog gear as well.

I used to stockpile it without reason before I realized it was a complete waste.

Now a days I just buy everything I like but it never seems to run out. It's really easy to make gold.

I pretty much only spend gold on repairs and mounts. I have most professions covered with my alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive spent close to 2 mil on mounts so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    My pile of gold increases from x-pac to x-pac...but currently only in small steps. Closing in on 500 000. Probably should spend some....
    I have the same thing going on. I keep gaining more (evenly distributed across looting, questing and AH) and barely spend anything. I'd like to buy mounts, pets and (rare) profession recipies, but I'm too cheap to get them. I'm at 715k, but I'd never ever buy the Grand Expidition Yak. I bought the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth during Wrath, but that's because it's been very useful to have. 108k just to be able to reforge anywhere is nowhere near worth it, especially with item upgrades around. Maybe I'll buy it when I reach gold cap on my main, but I'd need to get another 650k on that character first.

Mounts, pets and haircuts. I was a pet and mount horder before all these fancy achievements and pet battling.

10+ Year Old Account
    flasks, food and other essentials. Not one to care for bells and whistles so i don't really have much use for gold outside of the bare essentials
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I blow it on AH gear.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)