Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    My personal hope is that in the next expansion he's involved in the fight against Azshara and the Old Gods and is killed during a Tomb of Sargeras raid. Then the essence of Sargeras passed down from Medivh latches itself on to the dormant Avatar in the Tomb. We walk out of the raid with Azshara defeated and then the camera zooms in and the Avatar opens it's eye.
    Sounds legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Catersu View Post
    Med'an is a terrible character imo. Dave Kosak has recently stated in an interview that they had no plan for us to see him in game so hopefully we'll be able to forget him. Forever.
    Source?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkan View Post
    Anyone else have any theories what they may or may not do with such an Overpowered character?
    I don't think the problem is his power. Medivh was powerful, Aegwynn was powerful. I think the problem comes from him being a teenager and basically being multiple classes and races at once.

Deleted
    Source?
    It's the interview by Jesse Cox, which you should be able to find on his youtube channel, at around 23:10. I can't post the link directly, sorry.

Deleted
    oh god never allow med'an into the actual games

MED'AN IS HALF HUMAN HALF BLOOD ELF HALF ILLIDAN HIS DAD IS THE LICH KING AND HIS MOTHER IS VARIAN HE HAS GREAT POWERS HE HAS REALLY STRONG HE HAS REALLY FRIENDLY HE HAS LOTS OF FRIENDS HE IS SAVE THE WORLD A GREAT PROPHECY CHOSEN ONE
    Last edited by mmoc74731061a7; 2013-08-31 at 02:36 PM.

I don't know, he might work as a character if they somehow manage to make him completely powerless, such as cutting off his connection to magic/holy light/whatever. Personally I'm not bothered by the fact that he is a child of many races, that could be used in interesting ways to develop him as a character. At this point however it seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamvillain View Post
    oh god never allow med'an into the actual games

MED'AN IS HALF HUMAN HALF BLOOD ELF HALF ILLIDAN HIS DAD IS THE LICH KING AND HIS MOTHER IS VARIAN HE HAS GREAT POWERS HE HAS REALLY STRONG HE HAS REALLY FRIENDLY HE HAS LOTS OF FRIENDS HE IS SAVE THE WORLD A GREAT PROPHECY CHOSEN ONE
    I know this is suppose to be Satire..or atleast i hope i do..lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is why i have such an issue with the lore in WoW, they tell so much story and introduce so many characters (awesome or not) outside the game that many people have no idea who they are, or they bloat the characters power to unbelievable levels.

some of the earlier, first published books about Warcraft were ok, but theyve since taken on a new life of their own and started to get out of hand. being a lore nerd it sucks spending money on a book just so i can find out whats going on in the game im playing. im not saying this happens all the time but i do believe some story elements told in the books shouldve been in the game

Quote Originally Posted by trebor View Post
    I don't know, he might work as a character if they somehow manage to make him completely powerless, such as cutting off his connection to magic/holy light/whatever. Personally I'm not bothered by the fact that he is a child of many races, that could be used in interesting ways to develop him as a character. At this point however it seems like more trouble than it's worth.
    I think the easiest way to do this would be to make him an the Antagonist, Lore wise it says he could be Bringer of chaos or peace..So instead of another Messiah type Character, it would be much easier to make him Sargeras's new Body and/or other.

This may be a bit strange, but what irks me most about Medan isn't that he's the child of two lore characters who had no romantic or sexual relationship in previous lore like out of some bad fanfiction, also not the shamagadin thing though it's annoying, but that they tried to resurrect the guardian of tirisfal storyline with him. It was a good storyline in The Last Guardian, but what the hell happened to Medivh's speech at the end of wc3?

"As for me, I cam back to ensure the world had a future. To teach the world that it no longer needed guardians. The hope for future generations has always resided in mortal hands." Bad enough the ending of cataclysm had very strong correlations to his speech, but he was the LAST guardian. Kind of undermines that whole story when you decide 'hey people liked Medivh, let's make him have a son and make him the guardian too! But not just as a mage but a paly and shammy too!'

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    This may be a bit strange, but what irks me most about Medan isn't that he's the child of two lore characters who had no romantic or sexual relationship in previous lore like out of some bad fanfiction, also not the shamagadin thing though it's annoying, but that they tried to resurrect the guardian of tirisfal storyline with him. It was a good storyline in The Last Guardian, but what the hell happened to Medivh's speech at the end of wc3?

"As for me, I cam back to ensure the world had a future. To teach the world that it no longer needed guardians. The hope for future generations has always resided in mortal hands." Bad enough the ending of cataclysm had very strong correlations to his speech, but he was the LAST guardian. Kind of undermines that whole story when you decide 'hey people liked Medivh, let's make him have a son and make him the guardian too! But not just as a mage but a paly and shammy too!'
    Good Point, a lot of "Encouraging" speeches have been made to saying mortals will inherent Azeroth, (Tolkienish take on the the matter Imo). And yet on the back shelf just waiting for blizz to unleash him on the populace is sitting this Character..

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post

Yeah, that's always been a little weird.

Personally, I don't have that much of a problem with Med'an. I'm not going to defend him, and if he started to influence a bunch of the story I would hate him, but right now he's just an anomaly.

I'm actually curious if one of the reasons Blizzard dropped him so quickly isn't just the fan reaction, but his heritage. When I think about it, Blizzard really does not seem fond of half-breed races. I can't say specifically why, but when you think about it, it is pretty silly. Yeah, it's a fantasy world, but when two species who have evolved on two separate planets can have fertile offspring, and you don't even mention magic, it doesn't really make any sense. The mok'nathal are one of the only major groups of half-breeds I can think of off the top of my head, and in the magazine Blizzard revealed that orcs and ogres are closely related, so it's actually justified there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Yeah, that's always been a little weird.

Personally, I don't have that much of a problem with Med'an. I'm not going to defend him, and if he started to influence a bunch of the story I would hate him, but right now he's just an anomaly.

I'm actually curious if one of the reasons Blizzard dropped him so quickly isn't just the fan reaction, but his heritage. When I think about it, Blizzard really does not seem fond of half-breed races. I can't say specifically why, but when you think about it, it is pretty silly. Yeah, it's a fantasy world, but when two species who have evolved on two separate planets can have fertile offspring, and you don't even mention magic, it doesn't really make any sense. The mok'nathal are one of the only major groups of half-breeds I can think of off the top of my head, and in the magazine Blizzard revealed that orcs and ogres are closely related, so it's actually justified there.
    Two? Hell he's three different races from different Planets..Orc,Draenei ( Garona) and Human..So does that mean in some strange way all the races are compatible sexually? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope he is featured in game, but in a caverns of time instance where we go back and perform an abortion on Garona. Maybe also a few other Knakk characters, too. They've already written out Rhonin and refuse to use Med'an. Good sign.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Two? Hell he's three different races from different Planets..Orc,Draenei ( Garona) and Human..So does that mean in some strange way all the races are compatible sexually? lol
    A wizard did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    literally. medivh did it with garona and out popped the worst lore character ever.
    Yeah, I realized the pun after I posted it, lol.

I'd love to see him in game.

It would be hilarious to find one of those lore books laying around and have it be a crappy comic about a ridiculous character. Even better, a slap stick stage play put on between etc# concerts at the Darkmoon Faire.

edit:
    it would have to have humans wearing "green face" for the orc parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Med'an died on the way back to his home planet.

Is what I heard.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Catersu View Post
    Med'an is a terrible character imo. Dave Kosak has recently stated in an interview that they had no plan for us to see him in game so hopefully we'll be able to forget him. Forever.
    Honestly, I'd argue that Med'an in and of himself isn't a bad character, but he's a terrible World of Warcraft character. He's basically a super hero, so he works in comics, but he wouldn't work in game.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Didn't all of this take place during the Nightmare? Well I'm going with yes regardless of anyones answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I don't think the problem is his power. Medivh was powerful, Aegwynn was powerful. I think the problem comes from him being a teenager and basically being multiple classes and races at once.
    reminds me of Ichigo, that human, soulreaper, Hollow, quincy who after 1 year of being a soul reaper was more powerful than everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    reminds me of Ichigo, that human, soulreaper, Hollow, quincy who after 1 year of being a soul reaper was more powerful than everyone else.
    Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. You can't be multiple classes at once and not suffer some sort of mental issues that eventuate into you becoming one of the more evil creatures in all the lands.
    Hi