Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I realy don't think the Titans will be all buddy-buddy when we meet them. Maybe they will be logically neutral, and perhaps something happens and they will turn on us.

Pretty scary, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuldTasken View Post
    Yogg-Saron
    C'thun
    N'zoth
    Y'shaarj
    you are making a lot of assumptions, the reality is Troll, Night Elf, Goblin, Tauren, and some other beastman races. Have unspecified ancient histories, there are clues which are contradicted in game. It is assumed that Night Elves descended from Dark Trolls, but it has never been confirmed.

It has been hinted at that old gods are familure with Night Elves, Trolls, and Goblins, but it has not been verified as to when or how.

For every clue in game there is a contradictory clue somewhere else.

the best you can do is make a list of possible origin hypothesis.

1. Old God ancestor: Trolls and Night Elves descend from Qiraji.
    Biggest Clue, these insects look like Night Elves.

2. Titans Created Trolls, Night Elves as life care takers. Clues in All titan based raids. Also the Paragons refer to everyone as 'Children of the titans', well as of now only Gnomes, Dwarves, Humans (Stormwind, Gilneas, Lordaeron) are Children of the titans. Elves, Trolls, Goblins, Draenei, Orcs, Tauren, and Pandaren are not specifically tied to Titans. Which means the Majority of Player Character options, yet the writer of the Encounter calls Everyone Children of the Titans.

3. Mogu subspecies, this one is not much of a strech, and also in Beta there was a build up that felt like this was going to be the major revel, strangely they took out the few lines of dialog that made it feel like that was the plan.

Basically Trolls descend from Mogu who were corrupted by the Curse of flesh. That the Zandalari Trolls started out as fallen Mogu.

Any of these options are still valid, and they all can fit the current lore. So much so that we have to wait and find out what Blizzard does in game to find out. I should also point out, goblins can either be descended from troggs, or Trolls. Once again there are a few clues but nothing concrete like gnomes, dwarves and humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    you are making a lot of assumptions, the reality is Troll, Night Elf, Goblin, Tauren, and some other beastman races. Have unspecified ancient histories, there are clues which are contradicted in game. It is assumed that Night Elves descended from Dark Trolls, but it has never been confirmed.
    It has been confirmed that NElves evolved from Trolls interacting with the Well of Eternity in the WoW Magazine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Just sayin'...

Don't goblins resemble trolls, whom they shared Kezan with? Isn't it strange how their ingenuity borders madness, and how it's spurred even further by Kaja-cola, a drink made out of a mineral that was only found on Kezan? There already was a case of rare location-specific ore being the blood of an Old God, I'm speaking of saronite here. But what if Kajamite is the same? Seems more than likely.
    Pretty sure that's the case - it's heavily implied that kajamite is an ore like saronite or bloodstone - the metallized blood of an Old God that has a profound effect on those who are exposed to it. It made the ancestral goblins super-intelligent and helped them overthrow the trolls.

Re.: goblin origins, it's possible they're some sub-species or off-shoot of troll - they do indeed resemble one-another somewhat.

Well since troll lore is usually just committing mass genocide on them, their children, and their children's children, I'm skeptical we'll ever explore Troll history.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Just sayin'...

Don't goblins resemble trolls, whom they shared Kezan with? Isn't it strange how their ingenuity borders madness, and how it's spurred even further by Kaja-cola, a drink made out of a mineral that was only found on Kezan? There already was a case of rare location-specific ore being the blood of an Old God, I'm speaking of saronite here. But what if Kajamite is the same? Seems more than likely.
    ...Whoa. Dude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GuldTasken View Post
    [SIZE=4][B].

What intrigues me is the following; Troll is the only playable race that existed before the Titans came to Azeroth.
    What of Goblins, Pandas and Tauren? Titans didn't make them and an Old God servant has said it remember the Goblinsbeing made. Or be there lore i've missed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqaurehead View Post
    What of Goblins, Pandas and Tauren? Titans didn't make them and an Old God servant has said it remember the Goblinsbeing made. Or be there lore i've missed?
    Pandas were made by the Mogu long after the Titans left. Tauren were around before the Titan/Old Gods war.

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    There are 5 chained old gods beneath the earth according to the WC III Manuel itself so there is a 5th one in addition to WoWpedia
    The number of Old Gods is probably out of date lore now. Likely to change as Blizzard sees fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Pandas were made by the Mogu long after the Titans left. Tauren were around before the Titan/Old Gods war.
    were does it say panda made by panda? just interested?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Qiraji don't look anything like Night Elves or Trolls. It's possible Night Elves are Titan-empowered Trolls (the same way Dragons of the 5 flights are Titan-empowered protodrakes) but that has yet to be written.
    Actually, Blizzard has stated they used the Nightelf models to create them in the first place.

Go to AQ 20 and look at them closely, besides wings and antenna eyebrows they look like night elves.

- - - Updated - - -

It has been confirmed that NElves evolved from Trolls interacting with the Well of Eternity in the WoW Magazine.
    That is not exactly confirmation. Until they put it in game, it is merely the idea they like best. Many things have been said by WOW designers over the years, which have even made it into books, which have been contradicted by what happens in game. It is highly likely they will go with that, but it is not required.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Re.: goblin origins, it's possible they're some sub-species or off-shoot of troll - they do indeed resemble one-another somewhat.

Something I think may be true, although there is a slight possibility that they are related to Pygmies, who are descended from troggs.

- - - Updated - - -

Modified, not made. in the lore of Pandaria we see the origins of a lot of Races, pandaren are not one of them, but it is strongly hinted at that the Mogu messed with something to make a pandaren. At a guess Furbolgs, well more than a guess, Blizzard creators have said that pandaren are related to Furbolgs.

Deleted
    were does it say panda made by panda? just interested?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, Blizzard has stated they used the Nightelf models to create them in the first place.

Go to AQ 20 and look at them closely, besides wings and antenna eyebrows they look like night elves.
    Pure conjecture. Blizzard cannibalizes models all the time. You might as well claim medivh is actually a night elf wearing face paint; he, too, uses the night elf wireframe.

That a scant few Qiraji look humanoid is merely blizzard creative license. They wanted to give an insect boobs, so they made it look like a shapely woman with giant scythes for hands.

There's no reason to believe trolls and the old gods have any relation. As I said, the trolls have ALWAYS been shown to be at war with the forces of the old gods and to have even allied with the titans in the case of the mogu.

Something I think may be true, although there is a slight possibility that they are related to Pygmies, who are descended from troggs.
    Pygmies, according to the same magazine source, are derived from Goblins.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Pure conjecture. Blizzard cannibalizes models all the time. You might as well claim medivh is actually a night elf wearing face paint; he, too, uses the night elf wireframe.

That a scant few Qiraji look humanoid is merely blizzard creative license. They wanted to give an insect boobs, so they made it look like a shapely woman with giant scythes for hands.

There's no reason to believe trolls and the old gods have any relation. As I said, the trolls have ALWAYS been shown to be at war with the forces of the old gods and to have even allied with the titans in the case of the mogu.

Pygmies, according to the same magazine source, are derived from Goblins.
    I think that was the point I made in my first post on this thread, you can easily make at least three theories where they come from, and they all have about equal weight, the Qiraji are just one such possibility, and that idea is just as valid as many others. Until Blizzard puts in the actual creation background of Trolls, Night Elves, and Goblins everything is pure conjecture. Even if they say something in a Magazine.

As I said in my first post the Beta for MoP had hints and clues that Trolls came from Mogu, all of which were removed for live. So I am sure they had an idea but decided not to do it yet. I am sure in some future expansion the question will finally be answered, but until then it is all a best guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that was the point I made in my first post on this thread, you can easily make at least three theories where they come from, and they all have about equal weight, the Qiraji are just one such possibility, and that idea is just as valid as many others. Until Blizzard puts in the actual creation background of Trolls, Night Elves, and Goblins everything is pure conjecture. Even if they say something in a Magazine.
    The magazine information, seeing as it was published in Cata, and not in an obscure tabletop game companion book from vanilla WoW, is indeed considered "canon." It's not really all that important to make the distinction that "well they could change it..." Of course they could change it. If they wanted to make it so orcs are actually Arrakoa that got tared and feathered and stayed that way, they could do so. But we have to go off of the lore we have.

As I said in my first post the Beta for MoP had hints and clues that Trolls came from Mogu, all of which were removed for live. So I am sure they had an idea but decided not to do it yet. I am sure in some future expansion the question will finally be answered, but until then it is all a best guess.
    The trolls couldn't have come from Mogu; Trolls have been directly stated, in-game and otherwise, to have been around BEFORE the Titans came to Azeroth. (And as decidedly different creatures from the Aqir and Faceless.)
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    The fifth old god might be located somewhere under Stranglethorn Vale or the nearby area. There are blue crystals/stones that seem similar to saronite. And then there's the strange relic, likely of old god origin, contained inside a chest that the Mosh'Ogg ogres had.

http://wowpedia.org/Contents_of_Mosh%27Ogg_Bounty

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard somewhere that Draenor may have Titan Ruins. What if we see a Old God there..? I mean there IS "The Black Blood of Draenor" in the Netherwing Mines. Could it be like Saronite? "The Black Blood of Yogg'Saron"? Iiinteresting to say the least.

..Here's hoping using the word "black blood", to describe the blood, doesn't magically get me banned or something for "Racial Hate".

<.<

>.>
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2014-02-07 at 11:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll racials

Regenerations. Restore health.

Lore wise: can restore Limbs and other body parts (except in some cases, like Zul'jin)

It shows that they may have developed in a much more dangerous time.

- - - Updated - - -

wait wait wait.... Vol;jin was able to read random titan writing he has never seen before......

He is..... titanborn...... titankiin titankiin dodododododoodododoooo

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    If an Old God caused the creation of Trolls, then it's certain to be called Int'Ernet.

Fatal flaw: Tauren.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there Troll statues set up in Ulduar/Halls of Lightning along side Human, Elf and Tauren?

I would think it more likely that if a 5th one exists, it would involve the Arachnid/Insectoid races of the Aquir, Nerubians and the Mantid - as we haven't seen an "origin" for them yet apart from being told "they were here before the Titans came".