Serious Question - What is wrong with saying "MURICA" on MMO-C forums?

I'm not angry, questioning, or challenging anything. But my previous title was changed that had MURICA in it. It was of innocent nature, I was not nation bashing or anything like that. I also don't see a sticky or anything regarding the use of MURICA or nationalistic posts/verbage use.

Would just like some clarification. I'm trying to PM Mods on my cell phone, but for some reason its not working, so I figured I would post. Please forgive me, for I have sinned, and I'm just trying to repent and gain understanding.

'murrica... usually said after some type of story, statement, or image, used as a way to insult America.

Fat person shooting a gun - 'murrica for instance.

OH OK, so since INTENT can't be predicted, its best to just ban it. ok.

Mods, please delete or lock this thread - thanks for the clarification, Themius.

Because the mods here are in a club , and you aren't in that club so since you are not anything you say that they don't find amusing will get you in trouble.

The word " 'murrica " rapidly becoming a derogatory slang-word representing the American mentality of those who combine overzealous unhealthy patriotic pride along with zenophobic intolerance towards anything "new" - with a hint of making fun of southern baptist countries dialect where this mentality can be mostly found in.

Short answer: It's an unproductive insult.

It's similar to saying "Britty!" at a person eating fish and chips screaming "fucking paki's" with a nazi tattoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats wrong with saying Eurofags? Same thing.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Whats wrong with saying Eurofags? Same thing.
    "Murrika" is how murrikans pronounce "America". It is nothing close to offensive, it's just the bad moderation in here.

What is equal to "eurofags" is "amerifats", and no one calls you like that here. So yeah, that's wrong with it

I got it. thanks guys, just didn't understand the angle.

Hmmmm... definitely not an insult to all Americans... more like an expression of freedom and love of bacon!

Although I prefer 'MERICA!

10+ Year Old Account
    First, it's all caps, which is the internet equivalent of shouting. Second it's generally seen as a somewhat insulting term. Urban Dictionary seems to caputure it well,
    The term "murica" is the way how many people with extremely thick, American accents, pronounce "America". The term is used to denote extreme, extreme nationalism and patriotism, but not necessarily facism. It is generally seen as a derogatory yet humorous way to describe most Americans: fat, lazy, gunwielding, war loving, horse riding, saloon fighting, beer drinking, sex wanting or etc.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ok with saying eurofags. Sounds like a cool trade.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Murrica, 'Murcia, 'MERICA and any other variation is a derogatory way to to refer to America and borders on nation bashing. The same applies to mangling the names of any other country.