Thread: UVLS+Dots

Deleted

UVLS+Dots

Short question: If you have running UVLS, do you reapply your dots? For me it seems that while UVLS proccs the dots are critting 100%, but some people say reapply the dots then.

So do you reapply them?

Deleted
    hmk...but lets say my dots have about 15 second left and are still rolling with 65k spellpower, 160%+haste and 26% crit from the pull, do i still reapply the dots?
    because then i would trade in all those stas for about 3 seconds 100% crit on them. as far as i know shadow dots do not snapshot the 100% crit from UVLS, only for the 4 seconds. After that the 100% crit is gone. Or am i wrong here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    hmk...but lets say my dots have about 15 second left and are still rolling with 65k spellpower, 160%+haste and 26% crit from the pull, do i still reapply the dots?
    because then i would trade in all those stas for about 3 seconds 100% crit on them. as far as i know shadow dots do not snapshot the 100% crit from UVLS, only for the 4 seconds. After that the 100% crit is gone. Or am i wrong here?
    They will crit for the whole duration, but not when your setbonus makes the dots longer.

UVLS snapshots for the intial duration only (18 seconds, 15 seconds and 6 seconds, depending on the dot) If you have any of the t15 set bonus that allows you to extend your dots, the ticks that get added are re-snapshot at whatever your current crit bonus is.

Haste maintains its snapshot through added ticks, (basically just means you consume the added ticks faster as well) There will be times you still want to overwrite an exceptionally long ticking dot (eg with more than 25 seconds remaining) if the procs you have up are exceptionally good, such as UVLS or Meta gem and a strong int proc.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this part, but if I recall; mastery is also snapshot on cast, however the mastery ticks themselves do not follow the crit/spellpower snapshots of the dot and will instead re-calculate their own damage whenever they hit.

To properly compare the strength of dots cast with previous buffs versus what you have now, you should get an addon like affdotspriest. Otherwise, you're just guessing. After that, take a look at: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3950

However, while you still have 2pc T15, refreshing your SWP with UVLS every time no matter what. They are snapshotted for the original duration. Beyond that (2pc t15), they are recalculated every time another extension occurs.

You're also correct that mastery is calculated every time it procs rather than using the snapshotted values.