Poll: ???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot to mention Smite as a moba not in the list (http://www.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/home). Haven't played it in a while but it was pretty good, few different maps and game modes (Things like arena mode with only Norse champions etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    So... You prefer to play single player games? Haha.

Seriously though, that is a problem with MOBAs. Best advice would be try to find real life friends to play with. If you can't then I know DotA 2 has a really good tutorial/bot game system, LoL might have something similar. So you could play some games without playing with/against real players just to learn it. The issue with MOBA games being so team based is that one bad player can make your team lose, so it's kind of understandable that people get angry. If they want to win, and they could have won, but one person causes them to lose it really isn't much fun.
    Would love to play with RL friends, but when you're in your 40s you find not many play these kinds of games ;-) If there are any, I wouldn't mind trying a clan of 30+yr olds ..

I tried LoL and HoN, their tutorials aren't great. I'll try your suggestion and give DOTA2 a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    Would love to play with RL friends, but when you're in your 40s you find not many play these kinds of games ;-) If there are any, I wouldn't mind trying a clan of 30+yr olds ..

I tried LoL and HoN, their tutorials aren't great. I'll try your suggestion and give DOTA2 a shot.
    Last time I checked, DOTA2's tutorial system is pretty much non-existent. This was a couple of months back though. If you're going to try DOTA2 be prepared for a steep learning curve.

As far as this thread goes, I voted DOTA2. The steep learning curve, all of the mechanics and how it's executed makes it the most interesting moba imo.

Deleted
    Smite is my favorite, sadly it's not in the poll.

HoN.
    tried LoL but it sucks imo.
    dota2 is some kind of to slow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably LoL just due to the amount of time I've spent in it.
    Dota/Dota2 are both great games, and I prefer playing them. But my friends are in LoL, and so that's where I spend most of my time.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    HoN was fun, but then S2 decided they wanted to start making their own heroes instead of porting over more DotA heroes, and that fell apart cause S2 is awful at making heroes.
    false. they didn't decide it, they are not allowed to port dota heroes anymore

Dota2! IMO the community in HoN and LoL is fucking horrible. It'll eventually turn you into a horrible person, don't go there, stay away!

Deleted
    For now Dota, it was probably the most fun i had with friends and people online.
    DOTA 2 has the potential to surpass that but probably won't due to Valve Time.

Quote Originally Posted by fromis View Post
    IMO the community in HoN and LoL is fucking horrible. It'll eventually turn you into a horrible person, don't go there, stay away!
    tbh: every community is shitty and terrible. you have idiots, trolls and douchebags in every game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Smite is my favorite, sadly it's not in the poll.
    Same, love the game and it is alot of fun.

It seems be getting more popular aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked DotA1 but it's not as supported as it used to be... (sadly), I remember playing the early versions of the game so much fun.

I didn't like DotA2 even tho i played some games during it existence and I got confused with some heroes skins and i didn't like the overall art design and the UI felt a bit too clunky, also the graphics were a bit clunky and teamfights were a bit frenetic.

For HoN i liked it due to it's improved graphics as a DotA based game but same issue as DotA 2, the graphics were a bit too flashy for my liking.

I must admit i like LoL a bit more due to the simplicity yet competitive scene, I love watching streams more than playing tho, I'd like to play LoL a bit more but sadly the community isn't too great (as with any moba).

League of Legends. Though I like DOTA 2 a lot. There are some control issues I struggle with in DOTA that make LoL more enjoyable for me.

I think Smite will be the next MOBA to gain a big following, if i were just starting out in the genre i'd stay away from the LoL's and DOTA's and lean more towards something that isn't already filled with arrogant know it alls that often make the learning experience not fun.

Deleted
    I liked Dota, but with time people took it to serious and it lost its charm and I hate the click to move controls. So I'm no fan of Lol/Hon/Dota, Smite was pretty fun but it still had some stigma effects because being to alike the other 3.
    Did not even know that Bloodline counted as a Moba but I liked it and finally I love Awesomenauts, sadly its matchmaking is abit meh and the low playerbase is a bit pain :/

Where is smite, you didn't put smite in there...

Its more popular than demigod/guardians of middle earth by at least ten fold...

10+ Year Old Account
    Need more Smite. The only MOBA I actually played a decent amount of games in other than LoL.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2013-09-02 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smite. Can't stand any other, and Smite is just to much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Smite. Can't stand any other, and Smite is just to much fun.
    Agreed. I'm a big consumer of Esports, i spend a lot of time watching streams and tournaments for a lot of games, but i can't watch Lol or DOTA for more than 10 minutes, they just are boring to watch and have graphics & mechanics from 1996. I love watching high caliber Smite players and teams, it's an action packed and very skill demanding game.

Hard to decide...great memories of DOTA. But I actually like the changes they made to LoL. Despite the simplicity that everyone seems to complain about, I prefer the pace (having a blast as main jungler). That and it's skill potential still has a high ceiling. Outplaying your opponent, synergizing with your team, and understanding the game will net the wins.

That and I love their skins.