Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by AssimilateTruthx View Post
    I have a few Canadian friends, and almost every single one of them laughs at the attitude that you seemingly proudly espouse. They refer to people like that as "oblivious self-righteous nationalistic Canadians." You are in our sphere of economic influence moreso than anyone else in the entire world, and as a result, your society is almost completely congruent to ours.

Trust me, I grew up in Canada when I was a kid. Before moving to California, I was raised in Alberta (a great province, by the way), so I think I know what I'm talking abut.
    Calling me a "self-righteous nationalist." If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. As for "growing up in Canada" and "having Canadian friends" that's all fine and dandy. It doesn't stop a born Canadian (Albertan too...) from telling you that you are in fact full of shit. Your friends are too. I share about as much in common with an American as I do a South African.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Your personally experience dose not prove anything at all.
    I never said that it did, it was only to contrast with TradeWind's own personal opinion, in effect negating his anecdotal experiences with mine.

Deleted
    Pff, I'll bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericanibus View Post
    By this logic, all Europeans came from Africa. So diminish all your history too, yes?
    It was recently discovered that we actually didn't come from deep Africa, as thought before, but rather a mix from the middle east (before you say anything, that would be ancient Greece) and Asia. Where is your god now?

As for our history vs your history, well, only a single, poor and small country in Europe has around 5 times more history than you.

Please, tell me, how can someone admit that he is a murrikan without shame after:
    >everyone thinks of you as one of the most annoying "races" in the world
    >you are the most obese race
    >you are the most mixed race
    >you proudly support greed
    >you intervene in other wars that have absolutely nothing to do with you
    >your government lies so much and you simply accept it
    >you actually think that you are free when you are already a police state
    >your country is built in such a way that if you don't have puppets/don't intervene in wars in the next 10 years, it will completely break down

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    USA is the youngest country, and it's even a country that got created by throwing together a lot of different Europeans. The age of the buildings in the United States is laughable.
    Yes **** new buildings.
    __

@OP, you won't be able to inspire the kind of change brought on during the civil rights movement without a radical shift in socioeconomic climates of volatile regions, this would have to be done with subtlety, while encouraging the growth of programs that solved the issues brought up in the questions I asked. It would likely take hundreds of years to see the change worldwide.

15+ Year Old Account
    And why is that?

Examine the following:

1. Our entry into WW2 changed history.
    2. The Monroe Doctrine and Manifest Destiny recognition changed South America (and even North America.)
    3. We decided the outcome of WW1 in the Western Front by disrupting the Schlieffen Plan of the Central Powers with several battalions of U.S. Marines, some of which were African Americans (speaking to our progressive society even back then.)
    4. We forge culture. Where is Michael Jackson from? What about Elvis? What about Hip Hop? What about DnB/EDM? It's all American in its origin.
    5. We forge economics. I don't think I need to explain this part, it's self-evident and most people already know a lot regarding it.
    1. The Soviet Union did more than the US when it comes down to who exactly defeated the Nazis
    2. The United States basically became a sovereign state with that...so what? Every single country has something similar.
    3. Again with the World war. The US had a major impact. But so did every other nation.
    4. Nobody outside the US cares about Elvis. We know him. But that's it. Europe has contributed a lot more to western culture than the US ever will. That's mostly because it existed longer...but hey, you started it. Africa and Asia would tell you differently, because they have a different history and different culture.

5. The US is the most powerful...and that automatically makes it the right country to lead the world? What happens when another country takes over? Will you secede your "right" to lead to them?
    It's also not like USA is the single point of failure when it comes to economics. Ever heard of China? Heard they were getting pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by pank View Post
    Some kid took a sociology course and decided to write a moronic post to ''educate'' the masses. Sadly kid, you failed. The sole contribution of America to the world is hamburgers and wearing socks with sandals.
    Why do people like you always assume every American is a fat slob that eats hamburgers... You just generalized an entire nation on a stereotype...which is not true. Everyone commenting here is just basing everything they say on stereotypes and generalizations. You all need to grow the hell up, oh look the "American Gov" did this, LET US ALL BLAME EVERY AMERICAN FOR THIS. Screw you all if you think that every American is to blame for the worthless government we have. It's not my fault we're in syria, or any other location, So don't blame me or anyone else just because you don't like America, And for the military..it's not like the soldiers have complete say over what they do. So don't blame them either.

10+ Year Old Account
    What on earth is this bullshit?

Sure, America is one of the most ethnically diverse countries. But you're also one of the most racist and every small thing that happens gets linked back to race. Countries such as Russia are the exception not the rule. Also, something certain Americans don't realise - you're not ethnically diverse because you're "so awesome everyone wanted a piece" you're diverse because people needed an escape from Europe. It's the "American Dream" to get up and leave and look after yourself. That originated in Europe. There was land and people wanted to escape from every country in Europe, so they went to America. What you had that they wanted was land, not a political system which I don't think even existed at the time.

We have something to learn from America, yes - "How not to behave as soon as someone thousands of miles away commits a crime". Most countries in the world have roads or even houses that are older than America. Your post reeks of the teenager who thinks they know it all, which is quite apt and funny actually. Reminds me of something I heard the other day at about 10:30pm when coming home. Some woman on the phone to I assume her now ex boyfriend shouting about (and I quote) "I'm 23, I know exactly what I'm doing and how to do it. Don't act like I've got stuff to learn because I know all this, I'm not some little child that has stuff to work out". Now I'm only 19 but I almost died of laughing. So much bullshit.

EDIT: Just seen you made a point about Economics... Ahahahahahahahahaha. You realise the people that collapsed the world economy was the Americans right? The subprime mortgage market is a stupid area to get involved in heavily and American banks in the idea of "Greed is good" and "Fuck yeah capitalism" went wayyyy overboard and all went bust. That is something Americans tend to not understand it seems - there is a line. There is "too much of a good thing".
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-09-01 at 10:31 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Having lived in the Bronx (NYC), London and Sydney I can safely say that you are totally wrong. No matter what country I have lived in or briefly been a part of you will always been seen as an outsider unless you are of a particular race dependent upon which region you are living in. EG as a white person living in the Bronx i was an outsider until i went downtown and then the roles reversed, in Sydney it was the same as i lived in the asian quarter, in London i lived in in Lambeth which was kind of the same situation as the Bronx.

So really peoples attitudes towards others are dependent on the make up of the population that is relevant to their daily lives. Probably the most tolerant persons would be those who live in a multicultural environment whereby their daily lives are affected by many different cultures which would lead to them being more accepting other others and therefore making them feel part of the country they are in. However, I dont know of many places (in the UK) where this happens, despite us being very accepting of every culture in the world, as the cultures tend to stay tight-knit and all live in specific areas of the UK e.g Birmingham, Bradford.

I never said that it did, it was only to contrast with TradeWind's own personal opinion, in effect negating his anecdotal experiences with mine.
    Except my experience outweighs yours. I'm wagering by about 25 years or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    This is not what's taught in American schools. Just FYI.
    Didn't the US enter the war after the Russians beat the Germans in Russia (1942)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    The time period between Europeans coming to Americas and Africans migrating to today's Europe is quite tremendous. You cannot seriously compare the two events. Cultures of Africans who came to inhabit Europe were very different from these of today's Europeans. And Americans share almost the same (maybe simplified) culture as there is in today's England, roughly.
    I agree you can't compare the 2. I was making a point that you shouldn't do the same for American history, either. The ideals of those who broke off from Europe to form America were very different from the Europeans of the day. And yep, American culture today is pretty similar. But what does that have to do with what happened 200+ years ago? The culture wasn't the same back then.

Note: Not agreeing or disagreeing with the original poster.

What country has the KKK? What country has the Black Panther?
    Both are fringe groups that number in the hundreds at most, currently. This is opposed to Europe, where those groups are not in the fringe, but very much so in the mainstream, especially in Germany and Russia. I recall seeing articles outlining how neo-Nazis annexed an entire town in East Germany at night while carrying torches, sounds absolutely hellish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Didn't the US enter the war after the Russians beat the Germans in Russia (1942)?
    We entered the war in 1941, so, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    How old are you? I'm presently 20 years old myself. I don't think it matters too much, though, as after a certain point in age, you stop learning more about the society around you as you have usually gathered enough information to be at the apex of knowledge regarding it. I left Canada when I was ~11.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will not pass as a "Swede" as a black guy, for example.
    Henrik Larsron...he's Swedish.

Martin Dahlin...he's Swedish.

How old are you? I'm presently 20 years old myself.
    I just turned 30. When you say, "I grew up in Canada," I'm assuming you left at a young age.

How old are you? I'm presently 20 years old myself. I don't think it matters too much, though, as after a certain point in age, you stop learning more about the society around you as you have usually gathered enough information to be at the apex of knowledge regarding it. I left Canada when I was ~11.
    Yeah ok, leaving at 11...you don't know shit. You've never paid taxes, had a job, didn't even go through high school here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post
    I agree, also don't use too much oil in your fries, your kitchen might get invaded.
    i fell from my chair while laughing my ass off.

10 / 10

Deleted
    OP, have you been watching USA's propaganda too much or what?

Also, something certain Americans don't realise - you're not ethnically diverse because you're "so awesome everyone wanted a piece" you're diverse because people needed an escape from Europe.
    Wanting to escape from a place has a positive connotation and it generally insinuates that the place that you're escaping from is a more pleasant one than where you're currently in, which suggests the U.S.'s superiority in an economic/cultural regard in the mind of the escapee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    OP, have you been watching USA's propaganda too much or what?
    Uhm... no?

I have done proved in my other posts that you are wrong in thinking that europe or any other country needs to learn from US.

When we can provide a Healthcare system for our people and Provide jobs for our people feel free to make such a clam until then be quite.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    That would make you about 28.

Both are fringe groups that number in the hundreds at most, currently. This is opposed to Europe, where those groups are not in the fringe, but very much so in the mainstream, especially in Germany and Russia. I recall seeing articles outlining how neo-Nazis annexed an entire town in East Germany at night while carrying torches, sounds absolutely hellish.
    Neo-Nazis are fringe groups. See, I can say that too

I won't even begin to talk about the different "articles" that present "hellish" situations in the USA/