How are Shamans doing?

I hear Elemental is doing pretty well currently. How does Restoration compete against the other healers? Also how is Elemental, I only hear they're doing good but never heard how good?

Someone told me to post here so I did. Thank you stranger.

Deleted
    Elemental is in a good position as a caster class in pve and pvp, they still look up at warlocks and mages. Personally, I can live with that. Only target switching is a bit clunky and large pack aoe is pretty bad but having the best 4-7 grouped up target cleave in the game more than makes up for that.

Earthquake/Magma Totem/Unleash Elements are still abysmal abilities but that is a topic for 6.0.

I do not know anything about resto.

Resto is sub-par but usable. They're amazing on stack fights like Megaera but equally horrible on spread fights like Horridon. They have some pretty strong raid CDs with SLT, HTT, and Ascendance. There's no reason not to take a good one to your raid but there's not really a reason to seek one out except for 25 mans.

Deleted
    Restoration is decent in a 25man Raid, you definately want one because of the +10% HP Talent no other class has. Especially after the Patch we will maybe see more than one Resto Shaman in 25man Raids. In 10man Raids they are by far the worst healer, period.

Elemental is great on all cleave fights but also has good singletarget DPS and Burst-DPS. Guidance is great too. Only weakness is survivabilty and movement because they have no teleports, immunities and weaker passive DMG-Reduction than other classes.

Enhancement is kinda OP atm especially in 25man raids... you definately want to bring as many as possible. In 10man i prefer Elemental though.

Are we talking about ptr or live here? Just asking, with those nerfs we've seen during ptr...
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement is slightly OP atm having by FAR the highest burst dps capability atm, I'm never ever not first in my raid team. We will get a slight nerf on single target damage in 5.4, but a huge AOE buff, so overall we'll still stay in the top10 i'm guessing.

Elemental is doing pretty well too, although you can really say that it's all relative these days. With a very few exceptions (Mage still too OP on dps, MM hunter, some rogue specs and DK specs bit too weak), most classes are close to each other in potential. I find MoP to have been a wonderfully balanced expansion in terms of DPS in PVE, it really came down to the player more than anything else this time.

Elemental and Enh both are definitely in the upper half of the SimDPS bracket.
    I dunno about Resto but they're definitely not underpowered or anything, our main healer is resto and she does brilliantly with it. Also getting a sort of buff in 5.4.