Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Really hope it doesn't get funded - it's a mod/tc. While I realize they're making some of their own assets, the base of "their" "game" was created by someone else. Not to mention it's not even their IP and I have no idea how/why Blizzard allowed this to even happen. You want to Kickstart a game? Then make sure it's your own.
    Hmm, let me see. If this becomes really popular, it could be a gateway to introduce new players to the world of Blizzard games, and subsequently cause them to SPEND MONEY on Blizzard games? Man, that took me all of half a second to come up with. So these guys started a kickstarter to earn upwards of $100,000. Cool. The potential income for Blizzard down the road is in the MILLIONS, or even BILLIONS. I think that's a very small price to pay.

Just from up front: Right now, it requires the free version of SC2 to play. So people get in, they enjoy SCU, but then decide, you know what, maybe I should give SC2 a try. So they enjoy the free version of it, then buy the actual game. Income for Blizzard. Then who knows, maybe they'll go out on a limb and give WoW a try. Suddenly there's an influx of $15 a month where there didn't used to be. One can only hazard a guess as to whether or not the brains at Blizzard already thought of this, since so many of you QQ'ers don't seem to grasp the concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Just from up front: Right now, it requires the free version of SC2 to play. So people get in, they enjoy SCU, but then decide, you know what, maybe I should give SC2 a try. So they enjoy the free version of it, then buy the actual game. Income for Blizzard. Then who knows, maybe they'll go out on a limb and give WoW a try.
    Exactly right.

I don't think some of you understand that there is a difference in a group of people asking for donations for their time and a group of people trying to sell another companies IP.

Think of it this way, if Blizzard was so against this concept wouldn't they be taking a hard stance against streamers as well?

Deleted
    While people toss around potential numbers a lot, fact is that the Market Place has fallen so low in Blizzards priority list that it's not going to be out by LotV.

A lot of people who were far more skilled and capable then the SCU people left the game a little over a year after launch due to the abyssmal state of the community and Battle.net infrastructure. To be honest this is the last big project Blizzard actually has left to support in the modding community because of their own short-sightedness.

Personally however I disagree with funding a mod. Mods have always been the vestige of those who like to pour their heart and soul into a project in their free time - be it to later step into companies with it as their portfolio or just because they enjoy it.

Were they asking for money to produce something akin to what they have made in SC2 as a standalone game, I'd probably even fund it myself. But not for a mod - especially when I know how easily the entire thing can be produced by more capable individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    While people toss around potential numbers a lot, fact is that the Market Place has fallen so low in Blizzards priority list that it's not going to be out by LotV.

A lot of people who were far more skilled and capable then the SCU people left the game a little over a year after launch due to the abyssmal state of the community and Battle.net infrastructure. To be honest this is the last big project Blizzard actually has left to support in the modding community because of their own short-sightedness.

Personally however I disagree with funding a mod. Mods have always been the vestige of those who like to pour their heart and soul into a project in their free time - be it to later step into companies with it as their portfolio or just because they enjoy it.

Were they asking for money to produce something akin to what they have made in SC2 as a standalone game, I'd probably even fund it myself. But not for a mod - especially when I know how easily the entire thing can be produced by more capable individuals.
    Not sure if what you said are right. SCU is not easy to made nor there are that much more skilled modders that left. The game is not tweaked RTS game like most of the mods out there. The SCU people even made some of their own arts. This mod is certainly harder to make than Dota was before it got famous. None of Dota things in the past were original not even arts. If there were a lot of skilled modders before then I would have seen a rpg game half good of SCU in WC3. There were none.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-09-08 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    there is no way this to be legit
    That was my first thought, but this is actually a Starcraft 2 Mod I guess.
    Kind of,.. meh.

People saying blizz wouldn't allow it,. should read the kickstarter page though,.
    it's just a mod. Not a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazi View Post
    Exactly right.

I don't think some of you understand that there is a difference in a group of people asking for donations for their time and a group of people trying to sell another companies IP.

Think of it this way, if Blizzard was so against this concept wouldn't they be taking a hard stance against streamers as well?
    Way I'm thinking of it, they're doing Blizzard's marketing for them.

They're putting their blood & sweat into this project that's likely to be niche at best and raising relatively trivial funds to support it.

If it turns out to be a breakout hit, Blizzard is well within their rights to move in and say, "hey, uh... thats actually ours, so yeah... thanks guys, we'll take over from here" and if its a flop, then there's no expectations from Blizzard for this to be the next big 'wow killer', as they aren't officially supporting this.

Deleted
    Hey everyone,

most of the discussed questions and concerns can be answered by reading the OP of this thread (Sorry, I'm not allowed to post links due to spam protection, but modern browsers should be able to handle the "link" below if pasted into the address bar):

teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=425505

Regards,
    Upheaval Arts Gaming

...Um hm...OK...let's see how this turns out.

I hope this gets funded. So close.

Even tho what I have already said this mod has made me decide to get SCII even more so since its on sell for 20$.

Been waiting to check out SCII for quite some time and this mod looks to be fun as hell I am downloading the free version now because its 1am and I can't go get SCII until tomorrow.Even tho I am slightly not ok with modders asking for money this mod dose look like it will be awesome and I hope it turns out great. Kinda feels like WOW raiding added to SCII.

They are cutting it close tho need 3k in the next 43 hours.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-09-09 at 05:05 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I hope it gets funded. I will definitely support this! And kudos to Blizz for supporting it.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Even tho what I have already said this mod has made me decide to get SCII even more so since its on sell for 20$.
    And that right there folks is why Blizzard is on board with these mods.

Less than $400 to go! We got this!