Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't believe Saurfang dies in 5.4. And people seem to consider Sylvannas bad ass for whatever reason.

And apparently they're trying to make Gamon a non-joke character now.
    Sylvanas is considered badass as much as tyrande is... which is.. none...
    Gamon will ALWAYS be a joke!

The days of badass is all over... If blizzard TRUELLY showed fauvorism towards horde, they wouldn't kill off dranosh, make garrosh go all crazy, make saurfang go back to draneor and weap over his dead son's body.
    blizzard is trying shove vol'jin as the next horde badass, but he will remain the lame he always been...

I rather remember the good old days where Saurfang were strong orc , even during might of kalimdor.. Grom, rexxar, drek'thar, ..
    I rather remember Turalyon, Uther, Khadgar and the mighty Lothar.. Even Darion mograine... God I loved that character.

I think Turalyon is Blizzard's best chance to give the Alliance a legendary character that they can both be proud of.

He's a first generation paladin, so he represents an iconic Alliance concept (even if the Horde has access to paladins). He was also a major hero of the Second War who was crucial in winning the war.

Finally, he carries the Great Royal Sword. Blizzard said they wanted the Alliance to have an equivalent to Doomhammer. This is it. It even clashed spectacularly with Doomhammer at a crucial point in the war. Yes, it was shattered and its wielder was killed... but then Turalyon picked up the pieces, rallied the Alliance in his memory, and won the war.

I hope Turalyon proves to be that badass like he was before getting portaled away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    On the subject of Tyrande:
    All Blizzard would have needed to do was say that the Horde forces were holding a band of Darnassus sentinels captive. The sentinels were the Alliance's main force in inland Krasarang, after all. BOOM, suddenly Tyrande becomes justified in her outrage.
    What Blizzard should have done there is swap roles on Tyrande and Varian, with Varian being rash and Tyrande doing the "lure them out"-thing, that would have accomplished three much-needed things: it would have made it an actual trial for the "high king", in so doing show Varian's character development in-game, and Tyrande wouldn't have come off as utterly retarded, but it's too late to fix that trainwreck now...

Quote Originally Posted by Archodas View Post
    It's fucking urgent. I enjoy the story and progression in lore in the game maybe more than anything. And as a 5 year long devoted Alliance player, I gotta say that it's time we got a TRUE badass Alliance character.

When Cata started, I had this delusion that Darius Crowley (remember him?) was going to be this long awaited kick ass mofo. First of all he was a worgen with an eye patch, which automatically opens a door for him, and second of all, the NAME. I just think it's such a badass name.

But seriously, with all the Horde favoritism going on right now, and let's not kid ourselves, Blizz PREFER Horde, the Alliance need now more than ever a character to be proud of and get behind. I think our best bet right now is that Varian is going to turn around and become a FUCKING SLAYER, but since Wrath I have been waiting for the moment that put him on top of the food chain. It never came.

SO PLEASE BLIZZARD, in 5.4, in 5.5, in the next expansion, ANY TIME SOON, just for once look at the Alliance as equal to Horde from an Alliance player's point of view. Add a badass Alliance character and show us that you care about us too.
    Horde's badass is dying, and you're keeping varian the chin wrynn. I think you came out ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    If Alleria returns she'll be the biggest badass the Alliance ever had. She was an extremist anti-Horde, and when she returns to find her sister (Sylvanas) part of the Horde and her entire people (High Elves of Quel'Thalas) turned Horde, she'll turn batshit crazy and annihilate them all. She hasn't seen her homeland since Warcraft 2, imagine returning to find the shit that she's going to find.

At least that's what would happen if Metzen hadn't become the total pussy he is today.

- - - Updated - - -

If elvenarcher is an anti-pandaren person on these forums, newsflash: he's not the only one, we're millions. Stop trying to sound like you're an army of people who think pandaren are great and we're just a handful of people disliking their lore, it's pathetic.
    Yes, because MILLIONS of people, and not just ElvenArcher, call Pandaren "crapdaren" and Pandaria "crapdaria". Right.

you have malfurion best badass character ever on par with thrall, blizzard really need to show them more often and in more decisive way
    How about we let the parenting of kids to... their parents? No, seriously, World of Warcraft is a videogame. Gaming it's supposed to be a fun activity (if you have that fun through challenges, social interactions, etc is completely up to you). Not some kind of "School of Hard Knocks about the Real World".

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    you have malfurion best badass character ever on par with thrall, blizzard really need to show them more often and in more decisive way
    The most badass thing malfurion ever did was bitch illidan out for protecting the planet from demons. Seriously, that guy is a tool. Illidan could have been the alliance's badass, or just about anyone at this point. Problem is you're the white knights, who aren't allowed to do anything morally ambiguous, because when you do you get alliance fans raging that Dalaran purge was not a fist pump and how dare they write that etc etc. Obviously some people enjoyed it, but most of what you read is crying that jaina dun gone crazy.

I mean, its almost like Garrosh, I mean. Who'da thought that at some point characters can go wrong, it just means we'll be killing her as well someday, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I want it to be Draenei. Some "not-so-holy" paladin in example.

Or gnome, just for haters.
    Kelsey Steelspark is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    *cought*Silvermoon City*cough*

Though I guess technically it's not smoking, just being haunted by level 5 ghosts. So far no one has even tried to begin fixing it.
    Then can we count the Exodar being fully broken for the same time period?

There's plenty of lore behind Turalyon...

Just imagine, when he comes back to Azeroth, he finds his kingdom, Lordaeron, not only occupied by a bunch of zombies that have sought to drive the remaining residents of Lordaeron into extinction, but who have ALSO allied themselves with the Orcs.

Plenty of founding for some awesome conflict off of that.
    I could very well see Turalyon coming back being a hero, which he rightfully is...but it has to be done right.

Given how long he's been gone, the conflicts that have occurred and the politics washing over ALL of Azeroth, he won't be coming home to something pretty. Not to mention what trials he's been through, what changes he's gone under. Plenty of scenarios to portray him under.

But with that I have a nagging feeling he'd end up as sort of a Garrosh 2.0. He comes back angry and disgusted with the changes and goes, "RAWR! Horde bad!! Kill all greenskins!" and we'd have the same story with a different face. OR he's been warped by what he's been through, maybe even tasting a bit of Legion propoganda: he's Sargeras' herald sent as a spy to weaken the stronger faction, etc etc. Which would usher in a new rebuilding of both factions, together under new leaders to spearhead against the Legion.

(i ramble a bit lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Yes, because MILLIONS of people, and not just ElvenArcher, call Pandaren "crapdaren" and Pandaria "crapdaria". Right.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but we do. It's a common reference by people who dislike them, it's been so ever since the name mists of pandaria got announced.

Marshes of Crapdaria was a long text semi parody on the official forums which got deleted eventually and the user banned, because the posters against pandaria in it were making too much sense over 30 pages, so blizzard in its personal type of typical freedom-of-speech kind of thing, decided to drop a nuke on it.

I don't call it that all the time, but when it really pisses me off I resort to calling it so. Same way people called Deathwing by Deathchin, Draenei by Space Goats etc. You don't hear it all the time but you do hear it. Difference between those and CRAPdaren is they aren't hated as much, not by a long shot.

It wouldn't surprise me if this Elvenarcher is the actual guy/girl who made the official post on the forums, I haven't seen him there in a long while.
    Last edited by KungFuFanta; 2013-09-02 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    I come from the Net.
    My format? I have no format.. I am a renegade, lost in the net.

Reboot!
    Signature in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post
    I could very well see Turalyon coming back being a hero, which he rightfully is...but it has to be done right.

Given how long he's been gone, the conflicts that have occurred and the politics washing over ALL of Azeroth, he won't be coming home to something pretty. Not to mention what trials he's been through, what changes he's gone under. Plenty of scenarios to portray him under.

But with that I have a nagging feeling he'd end up as sort of a Garrosh 2.0. He comes back angry and disgusted with the changes and goes, "RAWR! Horde bad!! Kill all greenskins!" and we'd have the same story with a different face. OR he's been warped by what he's been through, maybe even tasting a bit of Legion propoganda: he's Sargeras' herald sent as a spy to weaken the stronger faction, etc etc. Which would usher in a new rebuilding of both factions, together under new leaders to spearhead against the Legion.

(i ramble a bit lol)
    Metzen said "for what's coming next, you'll need their help" (or something similar) regarding Turalyon and Alleria, so they're not coming back as villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Metzen said "for what's coming next, you'll need their help" (or something similar) regarding Turalyon and Alleria, so they're not coming back as villains.
    They also told us in cataclysm, we were gonna like Garrosh, he was gonna shape up to be a good leader.

Do you see where I'm goin' with this?

Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post

But with that I have a nagging feeling he'd end up as sort of a Garrosh 2.0. He comes back angry and disgusted with the changes and goes, "RAWR! Horde bad!! Kill all greenskins!" and we'd have the same story with a different face.
    The Alliance needs someone like that. Not just another "let's all get along!" leader that just sits by and lets the Horde do whatever they want.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Alliance needs someone like that. Not just another "let's all get along!" leader that just sits by and lets the Horde do whatever they want.
    Didn't they try that with Varian at first and everyone bitched about it?

Quote Originally Posted by angryplateguy View Post
    They also told us in cataclysm, we were gonna like Garrosh, he was gonna shape up to be a good leader.

Do you see where I'm goin' with this?
    Which they tried to do, and failed. So no, I don't really see where you're going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    The fact that he's dead kind of gets in the way.
    That's never stopped anyone before.

Varian was supposed to become this badass Conan the Barbarian King kinda character... but people seemed not to like it.

I think the Night Elves might start throwing a fit soon though after a 'High King' is crowned. Tyrande is finally acting like her old WC3 self again and seems pretty 'racist' towards humans.

Overall though the Alliance playerbase doesn't seem to appreciate 'badass' characters. I think, due to WoW, many alliance players have started to see the Alliance as some kind of peaceful, do-no-evil, noble faction. So anything that isn't a priest, paladin or nice girl isn't going to be well received.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ