Deleted

New Monk tank; help needed

Hey guys, I've recently stepped up as offtank for my guild after out old Guardian Druid left. My guild is 10M 4/13, and my monk is not quite geared for Heroics, but I was able to tank Normal mode pretty well this week.

We're going to be going back to heroic progression this week, and SoO next week when it drops, and I was wondering if any of you had any advice with regards to how I should be gemming/reforging for it.

I can't link my Armoury atm due to being a relatively new member (won't allow me for some reason) but my Monk is Misume on US-Zul'jin

With regards to actual rotation/cooldowns etc, I've got it down pretty well, it's just the actual gearing/what I should be focussing on that I'm curious about.

Should I be going for more Haste, or sticking with the level I have and going for more Mastery/Crit?

UPDATE: I know I'm missing the chest enchant btw and one glyph, the chest was a recent drop and I removed a glyph before logging out for some reason.
    Last edited by mmocf25b20f6e2; 2013-09-02 at 11:07 PM.

tbh i never liked the haste build the crit build just feels more comfortable id suggest going for that the only mastery ya will want will be on the gear dont reforge or gem for it
    your gear does seem quite low so in H content your gonna get trucked no matter what so using CDs as offensively as possible is the best thing for you EB is something you want up all the time since ya have 2pc and id check your logs and see how many KS are getting parried due to low exp(that 2 chi ya arent getting and chi gen is everything)

Not to be snide, as I like helping people, but we answer this exact thread type at least 1-2x a week it seems. So I suggest doing a forum search, as I'm tired of typing out exactly the same replies

A quick primer though: Your gear is a mess, of course. You want expertise hard cap, you're over hitcap ... ditch the hybrid gems with hit on them -- most socket bonuses aren't terribly important to hit. Especially if its something like dodge or only +60 mastery or such. Ditch the agility gems. And Ji-kuns rising winds is absolute garbage.