View Poll Results: Would you kill baby Hitler?

Voters
521. This poll is closed
  • Yes

91 17.47%
  • No

430 82.53%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Even if we ever develop the technology to do this, it would create a paradox. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox

"A variant of the grandfather paradox is the Hitler paradox or Hitler's murder paradox, a fairly frequent trope in science fiction, in which the protagonist travels back in time to murder Adolf Hitler before he can instigate World War II. Rather than necessarily physically preventing time travel, the action removes any reason for the travel, along with any knowledge that the reason ever existed, thus removing any point in travelling in time in the first place.[5] Additionally, the consequences of Hitler's existence are so monumental and all-encompassing that for anyone born in the decades after World War II, it is likely that the grandfather paradox would directly apply in some way (say, if your great-grandparents were Holocaust refugees, or even if the train your parents met on was constructed as part of the war effort)."
    Last edited by Samurai; 2013-09-03 at 02:24 AM.

So let's assume we kill Hit-lad, and there's never an anti-Jewish, anti-intellectual movement in post-WWI Germany. Thanks to Albert Einstein's discoveries, Germany becomes the first nation to develop atomic power. Its secrets are quickly stolen and weaponized by Stalin's USSR.

We would all be fucked.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berraant View Post
    Nah, I'd be wanted for temporal crimes.

I'd rather kill him the moment he goes insane/evil, post WW1.
    Ah, but where to draw the line? When was the point at which he became insane?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Haven't you guys ever played Red Alert?! No way kill Hitler and the reds would be burning down the white house!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klmg8 View Post
    Haven't you guys ever played Red Alert?! No way kill Hitler and the reds would be burning down the white house!
    But then we'd have a Chronosphere, Weather Machine, and Prism Towers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

I wouldn't. I can't imagine how overpopulated the Earth would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    So let's assume we kill Hit-lad, and there's never an anti-Jewish, anti-intellectual movement in post-WWI Germany. Thanks to Albert Einstein's discoveries, Germany becomes the first nation to develop atomic power. Its secrets are quickly stolen and weaponized by Stalin's USSR.

We would all be fucked.
    So instead of living under our 'benevolent' American overlords, we'd live under our 'benevolent' Russian overlords.

History is written by the victors; don't be so naive to assume everything you've been told about Stalin's USSR is true, and that everything about the US developing atomic power first (and what resulted from it) was great and beneficial.

One part of the world prospered a lot - while another floundered. Under Stalin's USSR, the same would also be true; the actors would just be different.

Evil empires are still evil empires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    So instead of living under our 'benevolent' American overlords, we'd live under our 'benevolent' Russian overlords.

History is written by the victors; don't be so naive to assume everything you've been told about Stalin's USSR is true, and that everything about the US developing atomic power first (and what resulted from it) was great and beneficial.

One part of the world prospered a lot - while another floundered. Under Stalin's USSR, the same would also be true; the actors would just be different.

Evil empires are still evil empires.
    This too. Didn't you ever notice that during history you were always told how great the Allies were during ww2 and how big of a hero the US was for bombing japan etc. But you never once heard anything positive about communism in the Ukraine or any other former soviet country.

Yeah because the Allies won the war, declared themselves heros and painted everyone else as badly as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Why wouldn't you just take him under your wing and make him a better person? The mother fucker was obviously brilliant. Just misguided.
    That
    I admire Hitler intelligence, he is genius (to be clear before bash, I still will kill him if I see him)
    But with right guide, he will actually do things who are good for humanity instead of trying to wipe out any non-Ari race

I wouldn't. Sure the world could be better off but it could also be worse off. Who's to really know how it would change the course of history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of killing him, I would have forced the art school to accept him. Possibly a better outcome!

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    That
    I admire Hitler intelligence, he is genius (to be clear before bash, I still will kill him if I see him)
    But with right guide, he will actually do things who are good for humanity instead of trying to wipe out any non-Ari race
    Hitler was far from intelligent. Germany came very close to winning the war numerous times but due to Hitlers idiocy when it came to war tactics they lost.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Um no? Because I bet he killed alot of other "hitlers"

Cant be sure of the outcome i mean for all we know someone with his same ideals comes to power but doesn't meddle in the military affairs to the level hitler did allowing the germans to win the war. Or maybe do to no Nazi German the USSR storms into Europe in say 1944 and steam rolls Europe bringing it under stalins iron fist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Um no? Because I bet he killed alot of other "hitlers"
    ....hitlerception

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    Hitler was far from intelligent. Germany came very close to winning the war numerous times but due to Hitlers idiocy when it came to war tactics they lost.
    And yet he brought them closer to victory than most other people would have.

He was certainly above average.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

I wouldn't, no.

Deleted
    I would not actually be arsed to do anything physically demanding. So if I had to travel to Germany (and through time) to kill him then no but if he somehow magically came to me and I deemed it not to be too much of a hassle then sure, why not.

genuinely surprised by the no's, as long as i knew it was going to be hitler i would kill it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, but the paradox excuse is hilarious. We have no idea how time travel would work, it could create an alternate timeline, a paradox or a million other things we could never imagine.