Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yea i remember the Book, I liked how we saw a "Good Arthas" Who married Jania, and i liked seeing how Taraeth was still alive, and not beheaded by Blackmoore. (it shows how good a character she is, when she still treats Thrall like a Person instead of a monster, even in this alternative time like) I personally like the idea of Alternative time lines because it opens up a can of Worms you can work with. What If arthas Didnt become Lich king, What if Silvermoon didnt fall, what if The orcs actually won the war

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    It's almost always used to denote a dislike of foreign people but is just as relevant to the overall concept of being 'foreign'.

Because of the cultural connotation towards the latter, it's an unusual choice. But it is correct usage. Anything someone is not used to or is different to the accepted standards can be considered foreign.
    Yeah my point is just that time travel and alternate timelines have been in WoW forever, that's all. It's not foreign in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Yea i remember the Book, I liked how we saw a "Good Arthas" Who married Jania, and i liked seeing how Taraeth was still alive, and not beheaded by Blackmoore. (it shows how good a character she is, when she still treats Thrall like a Person instead of a monster, even in this alternative time like) I personally like the idea of Alternative time lines because it opens up a can of Worms you can work with. What If arthas Didnt become Lich king, What if Silvermoon didnt fall, what if The orcs actually won the war
    What if the Legion won and figured out how to abuse this power?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    What if the Legion won and figured out how to abuse this power?
    Infinite Dragonflight

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Alternate reality or w/e just seems lack luster, dull and boring imo.

I feel like the timeless isle is a side story and not super important to the main plot. Meaning everything we do there could not happen at all and no one would notice. The Thrall book also could have never have happened and no one would notice because its an alternate time line BS kinda like the DBZ movies lol. The bronze flight is weak and the traitor is probably Norzdormu himself, since he is Murozond. If time travel was an expansion I could see us all going back to the first war era to preserve timelines from the other faction. Not any time soon as The Dark Below or Revenge of the Legion is most likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    There was just a thread I read on this last night. I have to say it's a pretty interesting topic. Basically Back in End Time we saw what would happen if Deathwing won, and we killed Murozond in that Timeline, HOWEVER, because Deathwing never won we stopped that Timeline from ever happening.

Still that doesn't mean Norzdormu DOESN'T get corrupted at some point. It just means we dont kill him, at least in a way that we know of... after all...
    "At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm.
    Still, in the future, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes.
    What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that humanity survived to live another day.
    All that matters... is this moment."

Yeah, the Infinite Dragonflight will still corrupt him and turn him into Murozond in our timeway. We only killed his future self in an alternate timeline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azanoid View Post
    One of the cons I see is when travelling to different timelines, players don't always know what is the history behind. I mean, say we go back to the War of the Ancients and players don't know what did actually happen in there or why it occurred, they'd feel confused or that they don't see why are they there or why did they have to go there.

I think it would be tricky and risky to play with things like that. Otherwise, I like it.
    So basically it would be Cataclysm all over again? Since hardly anyone even knew the backstory of Deathwing, the War of the Ancients, Twilight's Hammer, etc.

Isn't this kinda the same as what they did with Cataclysm? Redoing Azeroth? In which Blizzard said they would not do again. Cool concept but I doubt Blizzard will take this big of a risk when they're losing subs.