Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
57
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Herald of the Titans Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,709
    Hardcore MMORPG was no longer a sustainable game mode
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    If something takes more time, it is by definition, harder.

    Also, I take it you never actually tried 4 horsemen back in Vanilla, or KT, or M'uru, etc etc.
    By definition if something has alcohol it is hard. Since WoW has never been fermented it's just as hard as it was before.

    Also, I take it you never tried drinking the DVD packaged in Vanilla or BC.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I laugh at the people who call casuals "entitled" because of content they want/pay to see, and yet somehow they're not blaming themselves for wanting to be "entitled" to exclusive content they pay for due to their own personal sacrifices they made IRL in favor of playing a game.
    I laugh at people who laugh at what you're laughing at.
    Who's got the higherground now, bitch?

    Seriously though, you need to rethink your statement. Exclusive content isn't the proper word.
    There are varying levels of exclusivity. You can say that everything in WoW is exclusive to people who don't have an active sub.

    And you're wrong in assuming all players who liked "skill gated" content are 12/12 HC master raiders. I for example have only cleared MSV Heroic when it was current. Did I bitch and moan about the other Heroic encounters I didn't get to see?

    If anyone is going to be labeled entitled it's this new breed of player waving the "casual" flag.
    Stick to snowflake and no-lifers if you will but entitled isn't one of them.

  4. #124
    Its the same game but more refined and less grindy, there is no harder or easier. The problem with the game is the ppl playing it.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There is no direct relation between difficulty and time investment.
    There actually is though. In fact, part of the definition of the word 'difficult' relies on the length of time a given task takes. Leveling tailoring is more difficult than leveling herbalism, for example.

    The issue with this sort of discussion is that video game types tend to equate 'hard' with twitch mechanics.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Hardcore MMORPG was no longer a sustainable game mode
    Implying this ever was one to begin with.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse
    I still prefer seeing Thrall rather than blood in my urine, that doesnt make him a good character. - Verdugo

  6. #126
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    If anyone is going to be labeled entitled it's this new breed of player waving the "casual" flag.
    Stick to snowflake and no-lifers if you will but entitled isn't one of them.
    It is actually one of them. You want more at the expense of others having less. You wish to have the developers cater their game and their design to whatever particular ideology you subscribe to. You are entitled.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You want more at the expense of others having less. You wish to have the developers cater their game and their design to whatever particular ideology you subscribe to. You are entitled.
    You should look in the mirror and repeat this line
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse
    I still prefer seeing Thrall rather than blood in my urine, that doesnt make him a good character. - Verdugo

  8. #128
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You should look in the mirror and repeat this line
    Right back at ya slick. Your protestations about the developers just "picking one thing and doing it well and not this middle ground crap" is the same entitled bullshit. You just happen to the think the developers will pick whatever horse you have in this race.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  9. #129
    Bloodsail Admiral ImpTaimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    There is no location, only Zuul
    Posts
    1,221
    There's a word for people who create threads like this and use that word.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Isn't that when Ghostcrawler started at Blizzard?
    Actually he's been with them for years before that - but that project WOULD be the first that happened when he got promoted.

    He said he got his promotion right when they were finishing up Ulduar.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  11. #131
    Warchief Sand Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tatooine (Outside Mos Eisley)
    Posts
    2,012
    wow isnt ruined. so no, casuals havent ruined wow.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Hardcore MMORPG was no longer a sustainable game mode
    bam! homie hit it on the button.

  12. #132
    The term "casual" is so subjective. If by "casual" you mean the 95 or so percent of players that won't kill HC Lei Shen while current, then I'd have to say no, they didn't ruin the game. If by "casual" you mean the people that only have time (or desire) to do LFR each week, then no, I'd say they didn't ruin the game.

    In fact, I don't know if anyone ruined the game, because I haven't had this much fun with the game since WotLK.

    This is actually the first time I can recall having stuff to do outside of raids (too much in fact!). This is the first time that I will be in a guild that didn't clear a full heroic tier (we will be 10/13h unless we get realllly lucky with DA this week), and I am perfectly content with that.

  13. #133
    I am Murloc! Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    5,304
    Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    bam! homie hit it on the button.
    Except for the fact that WoW was never a "Hardcore MMORPG", and yet it still has been dumbed down, stream-lined and made retard proof, in nearly every aspect EXCEPT Later Bosses in Heroic Raids and PvP.

    The problem isn't the "no-lifer, entitled, special snowflakes" It is the entitled instant gratification crowd of "Casuals", Because let's face it, without that crowd, LFR wouldn't exist.

    Let's put it this way, let's say two people buy a game. They both pay the same $50. Player A beats the game easily, Player B is stuck on the last mission/boss and can't beat it. Player B now has two options, does he:

    A.) Keep trying, until he is good enough to actually beat the game.
    B.) Call Activiventendotari and tell them to make the game easier.

    The correct answer is "Option A", sadly, the WoW community has chosen "Option B".

  14. #134
    Warchief Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,220
    Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    No the elitists ruined WoW with their demands..
    Nothing was hard just time-consuming. Lots of free time=you can have and IQ of 10 and still clear any content you want. BLizz like any other business saw the time constraint so they had to lower the difficulty along with the length of raids/took prebuffing out of the picture(like resistance buffing yourself, fire prot potions so forth) and introduced easier mechanics
    *blinks* what demands did these so called elitists have other than more challenge as opposed to the many demands of the so called casuals?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Except for the fact that WoW was never a "Hardcore MMORPG", and yet it still has been dumbed down, stream-lined and made retard proof, in nearly every aspect EXCEPT Later Bosses in Heroic Raids and PvP.

    The problem isn't the "no-lifer, entitled, special snowflakes" It is the entitled instant gratification crowd of "Casuals", Because let's face it, without that crowd, LFR wouldn't exist.

    Let's put it this way, let's say two people buy a game. They both pay the same $50. Player A beats the game easily, Player B is stuck on the last mission/boss and can't beat it. Player B now has two options, does he:

    A.) Keep trying, until he is good enough to actually beat the game.
    B.) Call Activiventendotari and tell them to make the game easier.

    The correct answer is "Option A", sadly, the WoW community has chosen "Option B".
    Also this
    "Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one who inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it." - Mark Twain

  15. #135
    No. Nobody ruined WoW. It's a better game than ever, objectively speaking. Of course, some people don't enjoy it as much as they used to, that's down to a lot of subjective factors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Sup everyone so ive been playing WoW since about the start of BC and I know back then it was harder trying to clear content and the game in itself was a lot harder since there was no LFR or group find for anything plus you had to flyout to the actual instance. So basically if you werent in a hard core raiding guild you werent going to see any content. Ive seen a lot of posts on other forums talking about how WoW has been dumbed down to the point where its unplayable now and everyone is blaming the casual player for this. My question is how exactly did the casual "ruin" WoW?
    No, casuals didn't ruin wow. If it weren't for "casuals" the game would be f2p by now and a total suckfest. You'd be lucky to get 1 new raid boss every two years.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

  17. #137
    WoW was never a hardcore-focused MMO.

    People who believe it was are delusional.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Hardcore MMORPG was no longer a sustainable game mode
    For bonus points: it never was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  19. #139
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,492
    Did they perhaps go a bit overboard with making it more casual friendly? I believe they hit the Goldilocks zone in wrath and just didn't realize it.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    No, casuals didn't ruin wow. If it weren't for "casuals" the game would be f2p by now and a total suckfest. You'd be lucky to get 1 new raid boss every two years.
    The way things are going, WoW will end up going F2P. The difference is the "suckfest" begins sooner.

    Right now atleast I can say PvP is fun and Challenge Modes. But fucked if you think I'm going to start raiding again when I can limp dick my keyboard and experience what I wanted out of raids. Love my guild but damned if I'll waste time in Normals again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •